Tennis Forum banner

Bank of the West Classic 2005, Stanford: news, results, etc!

7K views 167 replies 34 participants last post by  honeyke 
#1 ·
Thought I'd start this off, as Monday is fast approaching.

Checked my TV coverage for this and its pretty disappointing! Eurosport only showing semis and finals and only an hour's coverage of each! :sad:

#2 ·
Ah! 3 more days to go :bounce: Only SF and F on Eurosport? That sucks big time. I think I'll rely on Sporza for some coverage or else, Eurosport 2.

#4 ·
Ugh, just typical Eurosport :rolleyes: I don't see it on the TV schedule either. And Eurosport 2 usually has trouble with broadcasting the right things at the right time :rolleyes: , so...if Kim makes the final I'm sure Sporza will show it. I think Eurosport will show coverage from the other WTA tournaments that are coming up after Stanford, so fingers crossed for that.

#5 ·
KimKong said:
Ugh, just typical Eurosport :rolleyes: I don't see it on the TV schedule either. And Eurosport 2 usually has trouble with broadcasting the right things at the right time :rolleyes: , so...if Kim makes the final I'm sure Sporza will show it. I think Eurosport will show coverage from the other WTA tournaments that are coming up after Stanford, so fingers crossed for that.
I absolutely hate relying on eurosport with their "unique" :rolleyes: way of broadcasting things at the 'right' :rolleyes: time. I even went so far with some other tournies, to keep my tv on eurosport the whole week, so I wouldnt miss anything. :lol:

I will put my money on Sporza for any Kim matches next week.

#7 ·
I see nobody posted the draw yet, so here it is (copied it from GM/Tennisfann to be honest). We're heading towards another Lindsay-Kim clash, this time in the semi's...

(1)Lindsay Davenport vs BYE
Qualifier vs Anna-Lena. Groenefeld
Lisa Raymond vs (WC)Angela Haynes
Karolina Sprem vs (6)Nathalie Dechy

(4)Kim Clijsters vs BYE
Ai Sugiyama vs Samantha Stosur
(WC)Alexandra Stevenson vs Daniela Hantuchova
Qualifier vs (5)Vera Zvonareva

(8)Francesca Schiavone vs Qualifier
Shuai Peng vs Iveta Benesova
Mashona Washington vs Marion Bartoli
BYE vs (3)Patty Schnyder

(7)Jelena Jankovic vs Chanda Rubin
Maria Vento-Kabchi vs Amy Frazier
Eleni Daniilidou vs Qualifier
BYE vs (2)Venus Williams

#8 ·
Thanks for posting. Kim should be able to make the SF, and then it will get...tough :lol:

#9 ·
Now that I look at it, Kim really has the easiest quarter of the draw:

Sugiyama has been in bad form all year.
Stosur hasn't won many matches since Australia.
Stevenson doesn't deserve that wildcard in any way.
Hantuchova, IMO, will be the biggest challenge in this section.
Then the qualifier
And Zvonareva's mental.

#10 ·
KimKong said:
Thanks for posting. Kim should be able to make the SF, and then it will get...tough :lol:
Yes, but as Billy Ocean famously sang, "When the going gets tough .........."

And to head off any smartass replies:

*the punch line is NOT "Kim loses to Lindsay again"!*

;)

#11 · (Edited)
fifiricci said:

;)
Do dumbasses have your permission to reply? :devil:

Anyway, here is a small sound clip of a Kim interview about Stanford.
Really cute :kiss: Enjoy!!!

Kim about Stanford

#12 ·
fifiricci said:

;)
:devil: True :lol:

#13 ·
jes_021 said:
Do dumbasses have your permission to reply? :devil:

Anyway, here is a small sound clip of a Kim interview about Stanford.
Really cute :kiss: Enjoy!!!

Kim about Stanford
Heyy, thanks for posting girl:yeah: Good to hear her voice again :bounce: Too bad no images have appeared yet :devil:

#14 ·
KimKong said:
Heyy, thanks for posting girl:yeah: Good to hear her voice again :bounce: Too bad no images have appeared yet :devil:
Yeah, I'm sad about that too, but I'm sure some will appear very soon :angel:

#18 ·
fifiricci said:
C'mon Fi, admit it was funny, and it IS your song!!! :devil:

#19 ·
hey kimmie,i wish you a good tourney in stanford! :kiss: :hearts:

#21 ·
fifiricci said:
It is? :unsure:

I thought that Kim Was FILA girl and that *cough* "she who must not be mentioned" was Barbie Girl :tape:

But twas funny, to be sure! :lol:

I won't be downloading it op my mobiel though. :p
Well, if you'd like to have the right lyrics for the song, I suggest you start singing and recording it yourself. Otherwise we're stuck with this Barbie version. :devil:

#22 ·
Getting back ON topic for a moment ;) , Kim has a bye in round 1 so I assume she doesnt play until at least Tuesday?

I've checked out the BOTW website but there is nothing about tomorrow's order of play. In fact, the whole site seems a tad dozy (even with the time difference).

#23 ·
fifiricci said:
Getting back ON topic for a moment ;) , Kim has a bye in round 1 so I assume she doesnt play until at least Tuesday?

I've checked out the BOTW website but there is nothing about tomorrow's order of play. In fact, the whole site seems a tad dozy (even with the time difference).
I heard more people complain about that, it's a crappy website, I just hope that the Live Scoreboard is working, that's all I care about.

Yep, the way it is now either Tuesday or Wednesday :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.