ok mods what is with the double standard islam v. chirstianity... - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2009, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,641
                     
ok mods what is with the double standard islam v. chirstianity...

a thread was deleted asking if jesus was hotter than some model, it was harmless and was deleted, but there is a thread in political forum, that is just a few posters going on about how evil islam is, i reported it and nothing happens....

so whats the deal with the double standard or is there some rule that the hot jesus thread broke that i didnt notice, (it was just harmless fun)

"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2009, 01:08 AM
HEADBANGER
 
Frode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Same Same
Posts: 68,167
                     
Re: ok mods what is with the double standard islam v. chirstianity...

You cannot seriously compare those two threads?
The Jesus thread was just another stupid thread/excuse to posts pics of seminude men. It would have been closed if it had been a comparison to Budda or Muhammed also.

There is no double standard here.

FUTURE CONCERTS
ZEAL & ARDOR - VERFTET, BERGEN - NOVEMBER 3
MADRUGADA - STAVANGER KONSERTHUS, STAVANGER - NOVEMBER 7
MADRUGADA - GRIEGHALLEN - BERGEN - NOVEMBER 16
SKAMBANKT - KRONBAR, BERGEN - NOVEMBER 22
THE LAST INTERNATIONALE - FORUM SCENE, BERGEN - NOVEMBER 23
RIVAL SONS - FORUM SCENE, BERGEN - NOVEMBER 23
?
Frode is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2009, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,641
                     
Re: ok mods what is with the double standard islam v. chirstianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frode View Post
You cannot seriously compare those two threads?
The Jesus thread was just another stupid thread/excuse to posts pics of seminude men. It would have been closed if it had been a comparison to Budda or Muhammed also.

There is no double standard here.

so wait you have a problem with semi nude men, men without a shirt on...?

and that still doesnt explain why the threads and the posters who do nothing but attack islam are never ever locked or deleted.

oh and if you didnt want semi nude pics in the thread you could of just asked people not to post them, and i didnt see semi nude pics that are any worse than the stuff people post on their sigs... *cough cough*

basically, the thread was harmless, and in all my time here i have never seen such a harmless thread deleted, for "semi nude pics that MIGHT be posted in the future"

there is a thread i started that kart posted in that went for many pages and griffin posted in with a chart showing drawings of and defining womens best...

i know you are not supposed to ask why threads are deleted, but i really dont understand this at all...

"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2009, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,641
                     
Re: ok mods what is with the double standard islam v. chirstianity...

maybe updating the rules or pointing to which particular rule was broken in that thread would help.... i know you guys are busy and cant do it for every thread but that one left me at least very confused...

"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2009, 08:24 AM
HEADBANGER
 
Frode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Same Same
Posts: 68,167
                     
Re: ok mods what is with the double standard islam v. chirstianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigglytuff View Post
so wait you have a problem with semi nude men, men without a shirt on...?

and that still doesnt explain why the threads and the posters who do nothing but attack islam are never ever locked or deleted.

oh and if you didnt want semi nude pics in the thread you could of just asked people not to post them, and i didnt see semi nude pics that are any worse than the stuff people post on their sigs... *cough cough*

basically, the thread was harmless, and in all my time here i have never seen such a harmless thread deleted, for "semi nude pics that MIGHT be posted in the future"

there is a thread i started that kart posted in that went for many pages and griffin posted in with a chart showing drawings of and defining womens best...

i know you are not supposed to ask why threads are deleted, but i really dont understand this at all...
But You are able to understand that others may see it different from You? Especially on a day, that is for them, one of the most important of the year?

And if there are posts that You find inapproprite, report them. And they wil be looked at individually, and action wil be taken if necesary

FUTURE CONCERTS
ZEAL & ARDOR - VERFTET, BERGEN - NOVEMBER 3
MADRUGADA - STAVANGER KONSERTHUS, STAVANGER - NOVEMBER 7
MADRUGADA - GRIEGHALLEN - BERGEN - NOVEMBER 16
SKAMBANKT - KRONBAR, BERGEN - NOVEMBER 22
THE LAST INTERNATIONALE - FORUM SCENE, BERGEN - NOVEMBER 23
RIVAL SONS - FORUM SCENE, BERGEN - NOVEMBER 23
?
Frode is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2009, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,641
                     
Re: ok mods what is with the double standard islam v. chirstianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frode View Post
But You are able to understand that others may see it different from You? Especially on a day, that is for them, one of the most important of the year?

And if there are posts that You find inapproprite, report them. And they wil be looked at individually, and action wil be taken if necesary
so it's not about half naked men after. It's chirstmas so chirstian get special consideration. That's a rule I have never seen before. Anyway just wish something was posted about these special rules


I never noticed that attacks on Islam were taken more seriously during that religions holy holidays


Ps I did report the gavest attacks I saw. You know nothing was done

"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2009, 12:00 PM
-I am not crazy-
 
Michael!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Germany
Posts: 65,162
                     
Re: ok mods what is with the double standard islam v. chirstianity...

I just make one post here, as I know that mods normally dont like it, when someone other posts here!
It is disrespectful to compare Jesus Christ with some model and ask the question "Who is hotter?", and as Frode said, it would also be totally disrespectful if someone else would compare Buddha and Muhammed in this way and there is no double standard here.

And btw, that wasnt the worst in that thread, it just was really disgusting what some people posted there!
"I wanna go down on my knees and pleasure Jesus Christ, I wanna feel his salvation all over my face", was one comment, I mean, you have just to close a thread like this then, that is really just lowbrow!


Last edited by Michael!; Dec 24th, 2009 at 03:46 PM.
Michael! is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Vamorza!
 
Zamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Nederland
Posts: 57,175
                     
Re: ok mods what is with the double standard islam v. chirstianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
I jus make one post here, as I know that mods normally dont like it, when someone other posts here!
It is disrespectful to compare Jesus Christ with some model and ask the question "Who is hotter?", and as Frode said, it would also be totally disrespectful if someone else would compare Buddha and Muhammed in this way and there is no double standard here.

And btw, that wasnt the worst in that thread, it just was really disgusting what some people posted there!
"I wanna go down on my knees and pleasure Jesus Christ, I wanna feel his salvation all over my face", was one comment, I mean, you have just to close a thread like this then, that is really just lowbrow!
That.
(except for line 1 of the post)

What would you say if we could make
something amazing
Zamboni is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2009, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,641
                     
Re: ok mods what is with the double standard islam v. chirstianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
I just make one post here, as I know that mods normally dont like it, when someone other posts here!
It is disrespectful to compare Jesus Christ with some model and ask the question "Who is hotter?", and as Frode said, it would also be totally disrespectful if someone else would compare Buddha and Muhammed in this way and there is no double standard here.

And btw, that wasnt the worst in that thread, it just was really disgusting what some people posted there!
"I wanna go down on my knees and pleasure Jesus Christ, I wanna feel his salvation all over my face", was one comment, I mean, you have just to close a thread like this then, that is really just lowbrow!
ok, i am sure that as a chirstian you know this, so i am posting this for the benefit of others,

christmas is a pagan holiday that has nothing to do with the birth of jesus, this is OLD news...

http://www.history.com/content/christmas

Quote:
In Rome, where winters were not as harsh as those in the far north, Saturnalia—a holiday in honor of Saturn, the god of agriculture—was celebrated. Beginning in the week leading up to the winter solstice and continuing for a full month, Saturnalia was a hedonistic time, when food and drink were plentiful and the normal Roman social order was turned upside down. For a month, slaves would become masters. Peasants were in command of the city. Business and schools were closed so that everyone could join in the fun.

Also around the time of the winter solstice, Romans observed Juvenalia, a feast honoring the children of Rome. In addition, members of the upper classes often celebrated the birthday of Mithra, the god of the unconquerable sun, on December 25. It was believed that Mithra, an infant god, was born of a rock. For some Romans, Mithra's birthday was the most sacred day of the year.

In the early years of Christianity, Easter was the main holiday; the birth of Jesus was not celebrated. In the fourth century, church officials decided to institute the birth of Jesus as a holiday. Unfortunately, the Bible does not mention date for his birth (a fact Puritans later pointed out in order to deny the legitimacy of the celebration). Although some evidence suggests that his birth may have occurred in the spring (why would shepherds be herding in the middle of winter?), Pope Julius I chose December 25. It is commonly believed that the church chose this date in an effort to adopt and absorb the traditions of the pagan Saturnalia festival. First called the Feast of the Nativity, the custom spread to Egypt by 432 and to England by the end of the sixth century. By the end of the eighth century, the celebration of Christmas had spread all the way to Scandinavia. Today, in the Greek and Russian orthodox churches, Christmas is celebrated 13 days after the 25th, which is also referred to as the Epiphany or Three Kings Day. This is the day it is believed that the three wise men finally found Jesus in the manger.

By holding Christmas at the same time as traditional winter solstice festivals, church leaders increased the chances that Christmas would be popularly embraced, but gave up the ability to dictate how it was celebrated. By the Middle Ages, Christianity had, for the most part, replaced pagan religion. On Christmas, believers attended church, then celebrated raucously in a drunken, carnival-like atmosphere similar to today's Mardi Gras. Each year, a beggar or student would be crowned the "lord of misrule" and eager celebrants played the part of his subjects. The poor would go to the houses of the rich and demand their best food and drink. If owners failed to comply, their visitors would most likely terrorize them with mischief. Christmas became the time of year when the upper classes could repay their real or imagined "debt" to society by entertaining less fortunate citizens.
Quote:
It wasn't until the 19th century that Americans began to embrace Christmas. Americans re-invented Christmas, and changed it from a raucous carnival holiday into a family-centered day of peace and nostalgia. But what about the 1800s peaked American interest in the holiday?

The early 19th century was a period of class conflict and turmoil. During this time, unemployment was high and gang rioting by the disenchanted classes often occurred during the Christmas season. In 1828, the New York city council instituted the city's first police force in response to a Christmas riot. This catalyzed certain members of the upper classes to begin to change the way Christmas was celebrated in America.

In 1819, best-selling author Washington Irving wrote The Sketchbook of Geoffrey Crayon, gent., a series of stories about the celebration of Christmas in an English manor house. The sketches feature a squire who invited the peasants into his home for the holiday. In contrast to the problems faced in American society, the two groups mingled effortlessly. In Irving's mind, Christmas should be a peaceful, warm-hearted holiday bringing groups together across lines of wealth or social status. Irving's fictitious celebrants enjoyed "ancient customs," including the crowning of a Lord of Misrule. Irving's book, however, was not based on any holiday celebration he had attended – in fact, many historians say that Irving's account actually "invented" tradition by implying that it described the true customs of the season.

Also around this time, English author Charles Dickens created the classic holiday tale, A Christmas Carol. The story's message-the importance of charity and good will towards all humankind-struck a powerful chord in the United States and England and showed members of Victorian society the benefits of celebrating the holiday.

The family was also becoming less disciplined and more sensitive to the emotional needs of children during the early 1800s. Christmas provided families with a day when they could lavish attention-and gifts-on their children without appearing to "spoil" them.

As Americans began to embrace Christmas as a perfect family holiday, old customs were unearthed. People looked toward recent immigrants and Catholic and Episcopalian churches to see how the day should be celebrated. In the next 100 years, Americans built a Christmas tradition all their own that included pieces of many other customs, including decorating trees, sending holiday cards, and gift-giving.

Although most families quickly bought into the idea that they were celebrating Christmas how it had been done for centuries, Americans had really re-invented a holiday to fill the cultural needs of a growing nation.

"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Vamorza!
 
Zamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Nederland
Posts: 57,175
                     
Re: ok mods what is with the double standard islam v. chirstianity...

Lets not turn this into a discussion thread about the roots of Christmas. In the end, it doesn't matter whether it's originally a pagan holiday or not, what matters is the meaning it has to Christians (and non-Christians for that matter) around the world.


If any thread, about islam or otherwise, offends you, you know where to find the report button.

What would you say if we could make
something amazing
Zamboni is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome