Signature Woes - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2008, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
OZTENNIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 18,049
                     
Signature Woes

You know, it's kind of disappointing to see, but for non-paying members of TennisForum.com, we have just 8 lines to write a signature in. I think that this is quite unfair considering, when I joined it was unlimited, and then was reduced to 12 lines. Then paying members were given free reign with graphics and fancy signatures that all look quite nice. But what if you don't want to be a paying member?

And I am having problems even with the 8 lines. For instance, I just tried to change my signature and it wouldn't let me because it is 'over 8 lines' yet I only had 5 in my signature! The signature's 8 lines should be a readable 8 lines, not 8 microscopic lines

Who agrees?
OZTENNIS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Droolv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,816
                     
Re: Signature Woes

A question: Why do we even have this paying members stuff?
Droolv is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 18,240
                     
Re: Signature Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
You know, it's kind of disappointing to see, but for non-paying members of TennisForum.com, we have just 8 lines to write a signature in. I think that this is quite unfair considering, when I joined it was unlimited, and then was reduced to 12 lines. Then paying members were given free reign with graphics and fancy signatures that all look quite nice. But what if you don't want to be a paying member?

And I am having problems even with the 8 lines. For instance, I just tried to change my signature and it wouldn't let me because it is 'over 8 lines' yet I only had 5 in my signature! The signature's 8 lines should be a readable 8 lines, not 8 microscopic lines

Who agrees?
As a paying member, I have had loads of trouble with 8 lines. It's not just you. We can't go over 8 lines either.
dybbuk is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2008, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
OZTENNIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 18,049
                     
Re: Signature Woes

^^^

Well I think that the admin needs to address it
OZTENNIS is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2008, 12:44 PM
it's just me against the music.
 
In The Zone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 27,077
                     
Re: Signature Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
^^^

Well I think that the admin needs to address it
I think signatures are fluff. Just detracts from the actual discussion. 8 lines is actually too big in my opinion.

And it is 8 lines of HTML, I think. Not 8 literal lines. So in your sig, with all your color changes and bold, etc, that takes up a lot of space and consequently, lines.
In The Zone is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Broken Career
Posts: 47,538
                     
Re: Signature Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by droolv3 View Post
A question: Why do we even have this paying members stuff?
serious question?
So that we can support the site so that it can continue to run and we can post here.

Who cares about signatures? You should be more worried about the discussion, as In The Zone pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
And to think that Génie is 0-4 against this Kvitova player. Sometimes tennis is just not logical at all.
Demosthenes is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Vamorza!
 
Zamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Nederland
Posts: 57,175
                     
Re: Signature Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZTENNIS View Post
^^^

Well I think that the admin needs to address it
The admins are the ones who set the rules

If you change your sig, make sure you don't have "unneeded codes" in there. This happens especially when you have the WYSIWYG editor on. Maybe try turning it off and then change your sig.

What would you say if we could make
something amazing
Zamboni is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 29,542
                     
Re: Signature Woes

To be fair, who cares? No offence but what do you plan of having in your sig which is so important? Your scores in games in this forum?
Agape is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2008, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
OZTENNIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 18,049
                     
Re: Signature Woes

Thanks Zamboni
OZTENNIS is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome