The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis - TennisForum.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
venus_rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,343
                     
The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Camron Giles started it and it's now gone. It's not in the chat section either. What happened to the thread? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

RIDE OR DIE! Down for Venus Williams





I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Vamorza!
 
Zamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Nederland
Posts: 57,175
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

It was moved out because of explicit content.

What would you say if we could make
something amazing
Zamboni is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
venus_rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,343
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
It was moved out because of explicit content.
What was posted that was considered explicit? There was no nudity. So that's it? It's just gone?

RIDE OR DIE! Down for Venus Williams





I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 05:20 PM
-
 
Elwin.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Delft
Posts: 26,854
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus_rulez View Post
What was posted that was considered explicit? There was no nudity. So that's it? It's just gone?

you've clearly missed something then

Krajicek Bertens Wickmayer Jankovic Kerber Svitolina Hogenkamp de Vroome Flipkens Kerkhove Burger Rus Rezai Bacsinszky / Lena D. missing you
Elwin. is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Senior Member
 
ElusiveChanteuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 84,686
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Darn!I missed it too!
ElusiveChanteuse is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
venus_rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,343
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post

you've clearly missed something then
Apparently I did, because I don't recall their being any nudity posted. What was posted?

RIDE OR DIE! Down for Venus Williams





I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 05:34 PM
-
 
Elwin.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Delft
Posts: 26,854
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus_rulez View Post
Apparently I did, because I don't recall their being any nudity posted. What was posted?
well, there wasn't really nudity in it... but the first post had a link with porn in it..
so i think that's why they deleted it

Krajicek Bertens Wickmayer Jankovic Kerber Svitolina Hogenkamp de Vroome Flipkens Kerkhove Burger Rus Rezai Bacsinszky / Lena D. missing you
Elwin. is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
venus_rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,343
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
well, there wasn't really nudity in it... but the first post had a link with porn in it..
so i think that's why they deleted it
I'm hoping that's not it cause they could have just deleted the link then or that post. Thanks for your help

RIDE OR DIE! Down for Venus Williams





I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,460
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Well nudity isn't only about posting pictures or links to videos. Written posts can be just as graphic.

Le temps de la colère, les femmes
Notre temps, est arrivé
Connaissons notre force, les femmes
Découvrons-nous des milliers !

L'hymne des femmes
Yasmine is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
venus_rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,343
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmine View Post
Well nudity isn't only about posting pictures or links to videos. Written posts can be just as graphic.

Ok. But I've seen some pretty graphic threads on here. I just don't understand why someone couldn't at least let the thread starter know what happened. It seems no one knows why it was deleted. It's just very frustrating that it'd be up for days and then suddenly be deleted without a word.

RIDE OR DIE! Down for Venus Williams





I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,460
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Well it is not because a thread is left for days that it is acceptable. I have said it before and I'm saying it again, it's your duty to report threads or posts you find out of place as mods/admins don't spend their life reading every thread and post on the board.

And no there is no reason to tell the thread starter everytime a thread is moved out, the rules are posted and everyone is supposed to be aware of them.

Le temps de la colère, les femmes
Notre temps, est arrivé
Connaissons notre force, les femmes
Découvrons-nous des milliers !

L'hymne des femmes
Yasmine is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
venus_rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,343
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmine View Post
Well it is not because a thread is left for days that it is acceptable. I have said it before and I'm saying it again, it's your duty to report threads or posts you find out of place as mods/admins don't spend their life reading every thread and post on the board.

And no there is no reason to tell the thread starter everytime a thread is moved out, the rules are posted and everyone is supposed to be aware of them.

I was just making the point that obviously there's a power structure here, but it's also a community. And when someone with power does something without any warning or explanation of course there will be people who are frustrated and upset. There was nothing out of place with the thread in my opinion, which is why I didn't report anything. But I'm asking for whoever removed it or anyone with any information to please tell me why it was deleted. No one seems to know.

RIDE OR DIE! Down for Venus Williams





I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,460
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

That's the reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
It was moved out because of explicit content.
Whether you agree with it or not.

And for your information some of us do try to explain when they act and basically get insulted by trolls when they try to instaure some form of discussion, because those have nothing better to do with their lives. No there is no obligation for us to waste any time giving valid reasons in the open every single time action is taken.

Le temps de la colère, les femmes
Notre temps, est arrivé
Connaissons notre force, les femmes
Découvrons-nous des milliers !

L'hymne des femmes
Yasmine is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
venus_rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,343
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmine View Post
That's the reason.


Whether you agree with it or not.

And for your information some of us do try to explain when they act and basically get insulted by trolls when they try to instaure some form of discussion, because those have nothing better to do with their lives. No there is no obligation for us to waste any time giving valid reasons in the open every single time action is taken.
Why are you being rude to me? First of all I can't agree or disagree with anything when I don't know what it is hence why i asked what was explicit about the thread. Secondly, I brought it up because in this instance no one was given an explanation. And sorry if people normally mouth off when you try and explain yourself so the way to handle the situation is just to not explain anything to anyone? That doesn't make any sense, you'd think we would have all learned not to do/or not do things based on the few jerks that are around. Finally, no one is asking you to do anything every single time. This is a community though and it's normal to have people question why things happen. if it's such a pain, i'd say you probably have the wrong position. And you obviously can't/won't help me so there's no use talking to you anymore.

RIDE OR DIE! Down for Venus Williams





I GOT 5 ON IT!!!!! VENUS WILLIAMS 5 TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!
venus_rulez is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,460
                     
Re: The 50 Cent Thread in Non Tennis

You're taking things personally, I'm not.
You are right to give your opinion but as it was said above the answer to the question is and stands as the one given above.

Le temps de la colère, les femmes
Notre temps, est arrivé
Connaissons notre force, les femmes
Découvrons-nous des milliers !

L'hymne des femmes
Yasmine is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome