problem with signature - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Petkorazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 66,143
                     
Re: problem with signature

Make it like 2-3 lines shorter, but almost half.
Petkorazzi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2008, 07:14 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 12,030
                     
Re: problem with signature

Hmm, that rule sucks. I think premium members should be allowed to size the texts like before...

I changed my sig. Is it allowed the way it is? I put 2 graphics among each other. If it's not allowed, then say it...
.:sk:. is offline  
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,461
                     
Re: problem with signature

Initially no definite signature rules were set up for members of the board, premium or not. As it happened a fair few people didn't think that having huge siggies could make the browsing of pages not very confortable for other members (although i do think it is just common sense). A lot of people complained because half of their screens were filed up with signature images, hence the rules.

And it's not because a poster is a paying member that there should be no limits in what they are allowed to do.

Le temps de la colère, les femmes
Notre temps, est arrivé
Connaissons notre force, les femmes
Découvrons-nous des milliers !

L'hymne des femmes
Yasmine is offline  
 
post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Dubai Love
 
Uranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 52,261
                     
Re: problem with signature

banners=1 line right?
if that's right, i am having difficulty adding more to my sig.


Uranium is offline  
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Broken Career
Posts: 47,570
                     
Re: problem with signature

It is really ridiculous that the max text size is 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
And to think that Génie is 0-4 against this Kvitova player. Sometimes tennis is just not logical at all.
Demosthenes is offline  
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,803
                     
Re: problem with signature

Hey, can I suggest something?

I've only joined pretty recently, so I don't know what previous rules were or anything like that, but I have had trouble with my sig (saying my sig had to be 8 lines or less, and it was only 4 or 5 etc. etc. etc.)

So, couldn't you just abandon all rules for signatures? No limit to lines, text size or picture size.

I know that this would end up with users having signatures the length of a foot-long, so you could create a thread where people could alert the WTAWORLD officials about people being irresponsible with there signatures. In this case, you could review the users sig, and if it was inappropriate, you could remove the entire sig. This would teach them a lesson, and get them a bit annoyed, and I don't think they'd worry about making it so big anymore. They'd learn from your punishment and from then on they'd go by the rules. The rules being common courtesy for other users.

Tell us what you think anyway, I think that would work, and it would keep the users happy. Plus they couldn't whine and b**** in a thread about there sig not working because if their sig was removed they'll know it was because the made it too big and inconvenient for WTAWORLD users.

just my thoughts...
Golovinjured. is offline  
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Vamorza!
 
Zamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Nederland
Posts: 57,175
                     
Re: problem with signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
banners=1 line right?
if that's right, i am having difficulty adding more to my sig.
Yes a banner = 1 line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty. View Post
It is really ridiculous that the max text size is 3.
It is actually being discussed. We might be going back to size 5, even though it would result in bigger sigs again (so more work for us to ask people to reduce them again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DOKIC View Post
Hey, can I suggest something?

I've only joined pretty recently, so I don't know what previous rules were or anything like that, but I have had trouble with my sig (saying my sig had to be 8 lines or less, and it was only 4 or 5 etc. etc. etc.)

So, couldn't you just abandon all rules for signatures? No limit to lines, text size or picture size.

I know that this would end up with users having signatures the length of a foot-long, so you could create a thread where people could alert the WTAWORLD officials about people being irresponsible with there signatures. In this case, you could review the users sig, and if it was inappropriate, you could remove the entire sig. This would teach them a lesson, and get them a bit annoyed, and I don't think they'd worry about making it so big anymore. They'd learn from your punishment and from then on they'd go by the rules. The rules being common courtesy for other users.

Tell us what you think anyway, I think that would work, and it would keep the users happy. Plus they couldn't whine and b**** in a thread about there sig not working because if their sig was removed they'll know it was because the made it too big and inconvenient for WTAWORLD users.

just my thoughts...
Sorry, but bad idea. We would get a lot of posters complaining when we would edit their sigs, because there aren't any rules, so why wouldn't they be allowed to have their sigs as large as they want? And believe me, posters on here would not learn from us changing their sigs, they would just complain about how unfair and powerhungry we are.
Plus, if you think a sig is too big, you can already report it, which is being done sometimes as well, so that thread isn't necessary either.

What would you say if we could make
something amazing
Zamboni is offline  
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,803
                     
Re: problem with signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post

Sorry, but bad idea. We would get a lot of posters complaining when we would edit their sigs, because there aren't any rules, so why wouldn't they be allowed to have their sigs as large as they want? And believe me, posters on here would not learn from us changing their sigs, they would just complain about how unfair and powerhungry we are.
Plus, if you think a sig is too big, you can already report it, which is being done sometimes as well, so that thread isn't necessary either.
I'm not saying edit their sigs, I'm saying delete them entirely. If users were made to retype their sig everyday, including all the [COLOR]'s and [FONT]
s etc. , I'm sure they'd learn their doing something wrong. And don't people already think you guys are a little power hungry? By the sounds of it the priveledges of users are getting lessened unfairly (12 lines to 8 lines)

I think we should poll things like this. I'm going to make a poll to see if users would think the current system is better or if the plan i proposed would be more beneficiary. It's just annoying that our sigs are limited. Theres over 1000 WTA players and we're only given 8 lines to show our support..

However I don't want to sound like a complete whinger and a sook so I'm gonna come clean and say that this site is one of the best I've stumbed upon. Keep it up dudes and dudettes
Golovinjured. is offline  
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15,803
                     
Re: problem with signature

Its simple!

One Rule: Don't make your sig so big that it will annoy other users.

If this rule is broken your sig will be instantly removed.



You can review the sigs before you delete them anyway, and its just common sense to tell if a sig is appropriate or not.
Golovinjured. is offline  
post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Vamorza!
 
Zamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Nederland
Posts: 57,175
                     
Re: problem with signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DOKIC View Post
I'm not saying edit their sigs, I'm saying delete them entirely. If users were made to retype their sig everyday, including all the [COLOR]'s and [FONT]
s etc. , I'm sure they'd learn their doing something wrong. And don't people already think you guys are a little power hungry? By the sounds of it the priveledges of users are getting lessened unfairly (12 lines to 8 lines)

I think we should poll things like this. I'm going to make a poll to see if users would think the current system is better or if the plan i proposed would be more beneficiary. It's just annoying that our sigs are limited. Theres over 1000 WTA players and we're only given 8 lines to show our support..

However I don't want to sound like a complete whinger and a sook so I'm gonna come clean and say that this site is one of the best I've stumbed upon. Keep it up dudes and dudettes
delete them entirely would only make it worse Now THAT would be unfair and powerhungry.
There are a couple of reasons why we put limits on signatures, the most important being to keep the board browsable for everyone, including people with a slow connection. We think that to be accessible for everyone is more important than a few more lines in your sig.

Smaller sigs might be annoying people, but huge sigs are annoying even more people, we're trying to find the middle way.

What would you say if we could make
something amazing
Zamboni is offline  
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Vamorza!
 
Zamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Nederland
Posts: 57,175
                     
Re: problem with signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DOKIC View Post
Its simple!

One Rule: Don't make your sig so big that it will annoy other users.

If this rule is broken your sig will be instantly removed.



You can review the sigs before you delete them anyway, and its just common sense to tell if a sig is appropriate or not.
that is way too subjective. How big sigs are depends on your screen resolution as well. Plus what seems too big for me, could be ok for others. There would be non stop complaints if this was implemented.

What would you say if we could make
something amazing
Zamboni is offline  
post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Dubai Love
 
Uranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 52,261
                     
Re: problem with signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
Yes a banner = 1 line.
.
my sig is 5 lines, i want to add more but it says i have 8


Uranium is offline  
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Vamorza!
 
Zamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Nederland
Posts: 57,175
                     
Re: problem with signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
my sig is 5 lines, i want to add more but it says i have 8
That's weird. I think it is something with your codes. Try turning off the enhanced interface if you use that, and then don't use enters when you switch from left to center.
So:
[pic][ center ]text
text[/center]text
text

That should work. I will look at it for you now.

What would you say if we could make
something amazing
Zamboni is offline  
post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Dubai Love
 
Uranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 52,261
                     
Re: problem with signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
That's weird. I think it is something with your codes. Try turning off the enhanced interface if you use that, and then don't use enters when you switch from left to center.
So:
[pic][ center ]text
text[/center]text
text

That should work. I will look at it for you now.
Works now, THANKS


Uranium is offline  
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Vamorza!
 
Zamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Nederland
Posts: 57,175
                     
Re: problem with signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Works now, THANKS
I am Miss Sigpolice for a reason I somehow know all the tricks

What would you say if we could make
something amazing
Zamboni is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome