It doesn't update the posts for me - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2007, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Highlandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 18,419
                     
Red face It doesn't update the posts for me

Hey,

I have again the problem that it doesn't update the posts for me in some parts of the forum (GM,games etc.) - when I click on "Last post" two times, all is updated and I see the new posts, but when I return to the forum after I clicked on one, it is again the same. I have this problem now since around 4pm (German time) yesterday....

First time I had this around 5 weeks ago and after 8 or 9 days everything was again okay, any else have this problem or just me?

FaB
Highlandman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2007, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Highlandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 18,419
                     
Re: It doesn't update the posts for me

Obviously just me and nobody else had this
Highlandman is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Honorary Admin
 
Ceze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Here
Posts: 98,929
                     
Re: It doesn't update the posts for me

Did you check the options in your User CP?

Ceze is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Hantuchov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mamma Mia !!! :hearts:
Posts: 17,912
                     
Re: It doesn't update the posts for me

I have a similar problem.

The posts in the forum do update, but since the beginning of the year, the new subscribed threads never show up in my CP, only the ones where I've posted in the previous years.

Other thing I can't see anymore is the list that shows who's online and the previous reputations messages, which I could check last year as well.

I didn't change anything in the options in my CP and it's been like that for three months already.

Does anybody have any idea of what I can do to make these features work life before ?!

Thanx
Hantuchov is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Honorary Admin
 
Ceze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Here
Posts: 98,929
                     
Re: It doesn't update the posts for me

^^ you need to choose "no email notification" in User CP/Edit Options/Messaging & Notification/Default Thread Subscription Mode. Don't ask me why it has been changed, I don't know

Ceze is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Kookie Supporter
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 67,062
                     
Re: It doesn't update the posts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantuchov View Post
I have a similar problem.

The posts in the forum do update, but since the beginning of the year, the new subscribed threads never show up in my CP, only the ones where I've posted in the previous years.

Other thing I can't see anymore is the list that shows who's online and the previous reputations messages, which I could check last year as well.

I didn't change anything in the options in my CP and it's been like that for three months already.

Does anybody have any idea of what I can do to make these features work life before ?!

Thanx
The who's online feature has been disabled at least for the moment. It may come back though. The previous reputations messages are also not there anymore.

You might want to check your options though and see if your thread default description mode is set to No Email notification.

* edit * I did check your profile and it is set to Do not subscribe, so changing to No email notification will probably help your problem
James is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Kookie Supporter
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 67,062
                     
Re: It doesn't update the posts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceze View Post
^^ you need to choose "no email notification" in User CP/Edit Options/Messaging & Notification/Default Thread Subscription Mode. Don't ask me why it has been changed, I don't know
Probably in the upgrade.
James is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Honorary Admin
 
Ceze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Here
Posts: 98,929
                     
Re: It doesn't update the posts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Probably in the upgrade.
oh yes, probably

Ceze is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Hantuchov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mamma Mia !!! :hearts:
Posts: 17,912
                     
Re: It doesn't update the posts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceze View Post
^^ you need to choose "no email notification" in User CP/Edit Options/Messaging & Notification/Default Thread Subscription Mode. Don't ask me why it has been changed, I don't know
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
The who's online feature has been disabled at least for the moment. It may come back though. The previous reputations messages are also not there anymore.

You might want to check your options though and see if your thread default description mode is set to No Email notification.

* edit * I did check your profile and it is set to Do not subscribe, so changing to No email notification will probably help your problem
Thanx a lot, Ceze and James !

Dunno why it was changed, cuz I'm sure I didn't change anything there.

I didn't know the who's online feature was disabled, cuz one month ago I told another member that I couldn't see the list and then this friend of mine told me that she could still see. shrug:

Hope I'll be able to see it when it'll be available again !
Hantuchov is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
 
daniela86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Svilajnac
Posts: 18,232
                     
Re: It doesn't update the posts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantuchov View Post
Thanx a lot, Ceze and James !

Dunno why it was changed, cuz I'm sure I didn't change anything there.

I didn't know the who's online feature was disabled, cuz one month ago I told another member that I couldn't see the list and then this friend of mine told me that she could still see. shrug:

Hope I'll be able to see it when it'll be available again !
Maybe your friend confounded MTF and wtaworld It still exists in MTF I couldn't see the who's online feature a month ago neither
Fab

Maria Sharapova
Krunic~~ Ivanovic ~~ Jovanovski ~~ Stojanovic~Jorovic
Putintseva~~Robson ~~Hingis~~ Svitolina ~~ Pavlyuchenkova~~ Rybarikova~~ Halep~~Pervak~~Kulichkova~~Kirilenko~~Mladenovic
Bencic~~Voegele~~Jankovic~~Zvonareva~~Karolina Pliskova ~~Krystina Pliskova
daniela86 is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Hantuchov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mamma Mia !!! :hearts:
Posts: 17,912
                     
Re: It doesn't update the posts for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniela86 View Post
Maybe your friend confounded MTF and wtaworld It still exists in MTF I couldn't see the who's online feature a month ago neither
Fab
LOL

Definitely not. This friend of mine doesn't even remember that MTF exists, neither do I !

jk

Hantuchov is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2007, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Highlandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 18,419
                     
Re: It doesn't update the posts for me

Thanks for the helo

I'm glad that everything is OK now again - I hope it stays now for the future
Highlandman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome