bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol. - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2006, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Art & Futures
 
Hanan Ubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 20,285
                     
bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

OK. So I understand the point of bad rep is to discourage some posters from being stupid or posting assholic/mean posts. However, I think it encourages mean posters to give people assholic bad reps to posts that do not deserve such negative treatment. It's so discouraging for me to come on here and expect to be happy that I'm coming on wtaworld, and then I go look at my USER CP, and then get some randomly assholic bad rep from somebody. What bugs me is not the bad rep itself, but the rude messages that come with the bad rep and the fact that people can be so OKAY with being assholes!

I have to admit, I have given a few bad reps myself that I possibly shouldn't have given (i just gave it to them cuz i thought they were having a bad attitude), but I have stopped and only give them when someone is being completely out of line or someone was being randomly assholic and gives me a bad rep.

And besides, if we are trying to control what is being posted, if something is pretty bad, wtaworld does a decent share of banning already, so I dont feel like we need another negative control mechanism, especially when the control mechanism is abused by extremely negative people who have closed minds and derive pleasure from making other people feel bad when they have done nothing offensive.

Venus Serena JJ Bethanie Vania
Petra S. Peng S. Zhang Su-Wei Vera Cici Amanda
Vesnina Sveta McHale Zarina Qiang Lizette Danielle Shelby Donna Elina
Min Garbiñe Sachia Luksika Yafan Niculescu Sofia Sloane Franny Crawford Puig Dayana Naomi Riske
!Shapo! Kokk Pospisil Coric Nishikori Berdych Huey Sock F.Lopez Murray Tiafoe Dmitrov Monfils Thiem Kyrgios Tsonga Khachanov Schwartzmann Paire Chung
--Praying for the return of carpet courts-- Good for the body and quick points!
Hanan Ubis is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2006, 01:19 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Martian Stacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: London, UK
Posts: 30,466
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

If you receive an offensive bad rep, you can report it to an admin (using the PM is the best way)

Otherwise just try and ignore the idiots, or you can turn off reputation in your profile

Martian Stacey is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2006, 02:23 AM
Senior Member
 
rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,155
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

the problem with bad reps in my opinion is the message that comes after it

"hopefully you'll receive the same reputation in the future" or something like that. i don't hope for a bad rep in the future


-Daniela Hantuchova-


JELENA JANKOVIC - CAROLINE WOZNIACKI
rockstar is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2006, 05:33 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,916
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

Nah, keep badreps! I like em

In all honesty though, the only badreps I don't like are the ones from cowards who would never post on the board some of the stuff they do in badreps. I get a range of derogatory terms ('c*nt, b*tch, sk*nk, wh*re' ). I just laugh them off ... and then report them
Erika_Angel is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2006, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Art & Futures
 
Hanan Ubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 20,285
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian Stacey View Post
If you receive an offensive bad rep, you can report it to an admin (using the PM is the best way)

Otherwise just try and ignore the idiots, or you can turn off reputation in your profile
oh i didn't know that... well either of those two, thanks

Venus Serena JJ Bethanie Vania
Petra S. Peng S. Zhang Su-Wei Vera Cici Amanda
Vesnina Sveta McHale Zarina Qiang Lizette Danielle Shelby Donna Elina
Min Garbiñe Sachia Luksika Yafan Niculescu Sofia Sloane Franny Crawford Puig Dayana Naomi Riske
!Shapo! Kokk Pospisil Coric Nishikori Berdych Huey Sock F.Lopez Murray Tiafoe Dmitrov Monfils Thiem Kyrgios Tsonga Khachanov Schwartzmann Paire Chung
--Praying for the return of carpet courts-- Good for the body and quick points!
Hanan Ubis is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2006, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Art & Futures
 
Hanan Ubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 20,285
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika_Angel View Post
Nah, keep badreps! I like em

In all honesty though, the only badreps I don't like are the ones from cowards who would never post on the board some of the stuff they do in badreps. I get a range of derogatory terms ('c*nt, b*tch, sk*nk, wh*re' ). I just laugh them off ... and then report them
yea... those are the types of bad reps i'm referring to.

Venus Serena JJ Bethanie Vania
Petra S. Peng S. Zhang Su-Wei Vera Cici Amanda
Vesnina Sveta McHale Zarina Qiang Lizette Danielle Shelby Donna Elina
Min Garbiñe Sachia Luksika Yafan Niculescu Sofia Sloane Franny Crawford Puig Dayana Naomi Riske
!Shapo! Kokk Pospisil Coric Nishikori Berdych Huey Sock F.Lopez Murray Tiafoe Dmitrov Monfils Thiem Kyrgios Tsonga Khachanov Schwartzmann Paire Chung
--Praying for the return of carpet courts-- Good for the body and quick points!
Hanan Ubis is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 1st, 2006, 09:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Louis Cyphre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,334
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufuqifuqishahah View Post
OK. So I understand the point of bad rep is to discourage some posters from being stupid or posting assholic/mean posts. However, I think it encourages mean posters to give people assholic bad reps to posts that do not deserve such negative treatment. It's so discouraging for me to come on here and expect to be happy that I'm coming on wtaworld, and then I go look at my USER CP, and then get some randomly assholic bad rep from somebody. What bugs me is not the bad rep itself, but the rude messages that come with the bad rep and the fact that people can be so OKAY with being assholes!

I have to admit, I have given a few bad reps myself that I possibly shouldn't have given (i just gave it to them cuz i thought they were having a bad attitude), but I have stopped and only give them when someone is being completely out of line or someone was being randomly assholic and gives me a bad rep.

And besides, if we are trying to control what is being posted, if something is pretty bad, wtaworld does a decent share of banning already, so I dont feel like we need another negative control mechanism, especially when the control mechanism is abused by extremely negative people who have closed minds and derive pleasure from making other people feel bad when they have done nothing offensive.
somethings tell me that you mean me But hey you are upset coz I bedrep you but its not my fault that you make stupid threads and stupid posts Who is better Crap Dokic v. Crap Myskina - well Crap Dokic is N700 or something,Crap Myskina is around N15!!!Do you really need to post a thread to understand who is better,I think you must use your brain before posting.And another stupid post that you bedrep me coz I disagree - Venus is better mover than Dementieva ---> Cmon this is ridiculous and i said something like " " and you bedrep me.But i dont care about you and I dont need to post again stupid threads like "pls remove badrep coz I receive them all the time".
So pls keep posting but dont get angry coz people find it ridiculous and stupid

Tenniskafe.com - Тенис новини, резултати, турнири, гледайте мачове online...

Българският форум за тенис
Louis Cyphre is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 06:01 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,001
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

bad rep is used for a revenge
Slumpsova is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 06:51 AM
Senior Member
 
kittyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 23,508
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufuqifuqishahah View Post
OK. So I understand the point of bad rep is to discourage some posters from being stupid or posting assholic/mean posts. However, I think it encourages mean posters to give people assholic bad reps to posts that do not deserve such negative treatment. It's so discouraging for me to come on here and expect to be happy that I'm coming on wtaworld, and then I go look at my USER CP, and then get some randomly assholic bad rep from somebody. What bugs me is not the bad rep itself, but the rude messages that come with the bad rep and the fact that people can be so OKAY with being assholes!

I have to admit, I have given a few bad reps myself that I possibly shouldn't have given (i just gave it to them cuz i thought they were having a bad attitude), but I have stopped and only give them when someone is being completely out of line or someone was being randomly assholic and gives me a bad rep.

And besides, if we are trying to control what is being posted, if something is pretty bad, wtaworld does a decent share of banning already, so I dont feel like we need another negative control mechanism, especially when the control mechanism is abused by extremely negative people who have closed minds and derive pleasure from making other people feel bad when they have done nothing offensive.
I think its funny to read some of the bad reps I get, one of the ones ive gotten recently was 'Leannes far better than ***** sacha, leannes gonna win wimbledon while sachas gonna end up down a drain' (I wont say which member did this, although hes a former mate of mine).

I tend to give way more good reps away than bad reps (because im a generally bubbly person ) but I do give bad reps to people who imo break wtaworlds rules.

Thank you for everything Mercedes, now please be nice to Socrates for me, perhaps fetch him a bird or two. We love you, always.
kittyking is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 06:53 AM
Senior Member
 
kittyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 23,508
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian Stacey View Post
If you receive an offensive bad rep, you can report it to an admin (using the PM is the best way)

Otherwise just try and ignore the idiots, or you can turn off reputation in your profile
O okay never knew that, and I dont wanna turn off my reputation I love getting 50 gud reps everytime i log on

Thank you for everything Mercedes, now please be nice to Socrates for me, perhaps fetch him a bird or two. We love you, always.
kittyking is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 07:53 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 15,895
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

The only ones that bug me are when I gave someone a badrep for a valid reason, and that person finds some random message of mine to badrep in return. It's not as if that message had any reason to be badrepped, and sometimes it is a very good/interesting/informative message. It's obvious that the person was bothered by the badrep, but there was no good reason to badrep back so they just badrep back anyway.
drake3781 is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 08:03 AM
Senior Member
 
kittyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 23,508
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
The only ones that bug me are when I gave someone a badrep for a valid reason, and that person finds some random message of mine to badrep in return. It's not as if that message had any reason to be badrepped, and sometimes it is a very good/interesting/informative message. It's obvious that the person was bothered by the badrep, but there was no good reason to badrep back so they just badrep back anyway.
Reckon, they do that to me too

Thank you for everything Mercedes, now please be nice to Socrates for me, perhaps fetch him a bird or two. We love you, always.
kittyking is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 10:08 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,001
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
The only ones that bug me are when I gave someone a badrep for a valid reason, and that person finds some random message of mine to badrep in return. It's not as if that message had any reason to be badrepped, and sometimes it is a very good/interesting/informative message. It's obvious that the person was bothered by the badrep, but there was no good reason to badrep back so they just badrep back anyway.

that's what i do when someone badreps me
Slumpsova is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 4th, 2006, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Art & Futures
 
Hanan Ubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 20,285
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avram Bakalina View Post
somethings tell me that you mean me But hey you are upset coz I bedrep you but its not my fault that you make stupid threads and stupid posts Who is better Crap Dokic v. Crap Myskina - well Crap Dokic is N700 or something,Crap Myskina is around N15!!!Do you really need to post a thread to understand who is better,I think you must use your brain before posting.And another stupid post that you bedrep me coz I disagree - Venus is better mover than Dementieva ---> Cmon this is ridiculous and i said something like " " and you bedrep me.But i dont care about you and I dont need to post again stupid threads like "pls remove badrep coz I receive them all the time".
So pls keep posting but dont get angry coz people find it ridiculous and stupid
ur always so mean though. it was supposed to be a joke thread on the other one lol it wasn't meant to be serious. i dont care if you bad rep the post and bad rep the thread but come on do you have to say "you're a stupid poster"??

"And another stupid post that you bedrep me coz I disagree - Venus is better mover than Dementieva ---> Cmon this is ridiculous and i said something like " " and you bedrep me." i don't know what you are talking about

maybe its becausue english isn't your first language so you probably offend people without realizing it.

Venus Serena JJ Bethanie Vania
Petra S. Peng S. Zhang Su-Wei Vera Cici Amanda
Vesnina Sveta McHale Zarina Qiang Lizette Danielle Shelby Donna Elina
Min Garbiñe Sachia Luksika Yafan Niculescu Sofia Sloane Franny Crawford Puig Dayana Naomi Riske
!Shapo! Kokk Pospisil Coric Nishikori Berdych Huey Sock F.Lopez Murray Tiafoe Dmitrov Monfils Thiem Kyrgios Tsonga Khachanov Schwartzmann Paire Chung
--Praying for the return of carpet courts-- Good for the body and quick points!
Hanan Ubis is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Shonami Slam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: hiding in my bed
Posts: 8,851
                     
Re: bad rep feature -- what's the point of it?... i would remove it lol.

the only poster i actually hate recieved quite alot of goodreps.
i use them with sarcastic statements along the way.
"kirsten is so lucky to have such an intellegent and polite fan as yourself. you certainly like her for the right reasons, defend her only when needed and point out her potential in a thoughtful way, without exagerating anything and comparing her to be a potential world number one"
things like that, but obviously shorter.
i like to think of it as a stinging reaction to thier much lesser badreps and cursing towards my mother.

if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome