Entry List - TennisForum.com
 23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
 
Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 175,761
                     
Post Entry List

All from Top 52 IN, but not Serena.

Please visit my Caroline website.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Jorn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2019, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
 
Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 175,761
                     
Re: Entry List


Please visit my Caroline website.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Jorn is offline  
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Senior Member
 
KCatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,730
                     
Re: Entry List

Odd that Serena not included, given that PM entry is automatic, no?
KCatty is offline  
 
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 12:27 AM
Senior Member
 
KCatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,730
                     
Re: Entry List

...

Last edited by KCatty; Apr 4th, 2019 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Duplicate
KCatty is offline  
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
 
Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 175,761
                     
Re: Entry List

I don't know for sure, but SW may has her own rules...?

Please visit my Caroline website.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Jorn is offline  
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 03:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Cooper96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,626
                     
Re: Entry List

I'm surprised Venus is on the list. She has a speaking engagement in the US on May 9.

FITD: CH: 8 Current: 44 Champion: 2015 Strasbourg, 2016 Doha
Tennis Tipping: CH: 14 Current: 22 Champion: 2013 ITF Montpellier, 2013 ITF Astana, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Madrid, 2016 ITF Waco, 2017 Auckland, 2017 ITF Dothan, 2017 Dalian, 2017 Luxembourg, 2017 Fed Cup, 2018 Hobart, 2018 Mallorca, 2019 Auckland, 2019 Prague
Tennis Tipping Doubles: CH: 5 Current: 99 Champion: 2013 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2013 ITF Olomouc, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Braunschweig, 2014 ITF Launceston, 2016 ITF Rabat, 2017 Auckland, 2017 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2017 Biel, 2017 Nurnberg, 2017 ITF Biarritz, 2017 ITF Tyler
Cooper96 is offline  
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 07:10 PM
Senior Member
 
jimbo mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London
Posts: 10,103
                     
Re: Entry List

Serena and Venus won’t be playing here. I don’t have a source but it’s obvious.

They may play Rome or just wing it and rock up at the FO without match practice.
jimbo mack is offline  
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 07:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,669
                     
Re: Entry List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
I don't know for sure, but SW may has her own rules...?
Entry is automatic, but apparently she has immediately withdrawn.
I don't think she may care about the zero in the ranking and about possible fines, that can be anyway skipped just making some PR activity.
catgut049 is offline  
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2019, 07:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 395
                     
Re: Entry List

According to her "coach" Patrick Mouratoglou, she 'll be back in Rome.
gerard24 is offline  
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,948
                     
Re: Entry List

Yafan IN!
Scrubaball is offline  
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2019, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
 
AlexMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 859
                     
Re: Entry List

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgut049 View Post
Entry is automatic, but apparently she has immediately withdrawn.
I don't think she may care about the zero in the ranking and about possible fines, that can be anyway skipped just making some PR activity.
There's no fine, she qualifies for the ability to skip a couple of the mandatory tournaments. I don't remember exactly the rules but I know it's being over 30, having over a certain number of matches played throughout your career and something else. And for each of those you can skip a mandatory tournament and I think she has all three. So essentially as long as she goes to two P5 (Rome, Rogers Cup or Cincinnati, take your pick) and at least one PM (she already has two) she is absolutely fine. And because she has two PMs already (of the four) she can continue to skip Beijing and Madrid and even one of the Slam if she so chooses. And that's just straight up refusing to go, if you're injured you can of course not go to any mandatory tournament.

So essentially her status affords her to play just the Slams, IW+Miami, and two of Rome, Rogers Cup or Cincinnati. This is also how Roger Federer gets away with not playing the clay season, which is longer in the ATP than the WTA (3 Tier 1s instead of just 2).
AlexMA is offline  
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,669
                     
Re: Entry List

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMA View Post
There's no fine, she qualifies for the ability to skip a couple of the mandatory tournaments. I don't remember exactly the rules but I know it's being over 30, having over a certain number of matches played throughout your career and something else. And for each of those you can skip a mandatory tournament and I think she has all three. So essentially as long as she goes to two P5 (Rome, Rogers Cup or Cincinnati, take your pick) and at least one PM (she already has two) she is absolutely fine. And because she has two PMs already (of the four) she can continue to skip Beijing and Madrid and even one of the Slam if she so chooses. And that's just straight up refusing to go, if you're injured you can of course not go to any mandatory tournament.

So essentially her status affords her to play just the Slams, IW+Miami, and two of Rome, Rogers Cup or Cincinnati. This is also how Roger Federer gets away with not playing the clay season, which is longer in the ATP than the WTA (3 Tier 1s instead of just 2).
The age and years of service rule applies only to give the option to be exonerated from the inclusion into the Top 10 list (as did Venus last year).

Even if it may appear odd, from this respect Serena is just a "normal" player.
catgut049 is offline  
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Senior Member
 
zsl1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 4,590
                     
Re: Entry List

Munar, Sorribes y Arruabarrena reciben wild card para el Mutua Madrid Open


綠草青青 紅土飛揚 鵬飛萬里 不識其志

Peng is a giant bird that transforms from a giant fish.
zsl1010 is online now  
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2019, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
EkVraNaamEnVan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 3,926
                     
Re: Entry List

I read this tweet for Federer's exemption the other day, but that's the ATP. So the rules a vastly different from the WTA?

N/E1Four10/S? likes this.
EkVraNaamEnVan is offline  
post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2019, 10:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,029
                     
Re: Entry List

Serena is not attending because she is co-chairing the Met Gala in New York, which takes place on Monday 6 May, the first day of Madrid.

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/met-gala-2019
StephenUK is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome