TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Family Circle Cup 2004
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2004, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
country flag V.S.

AT THE CUP

FASHION WATCH

She was born in Michigan, grew up in California, and lives in Florida. But during Monday night's Miss USA pageant, Serena Williams was rooting hard for Miss New Jersey, Janaye Ingram, who wore a dress designed by the world's ninth-ranked tennis player.

"I was talking to her agent today, and I was a little nervous," Williams said Monday. "I wanted her to wear a long gown that I had made, and she wanted to wear a short dress that I had made. I said OK, I'd prefer if you wore the gown. But if you must, wear the short one."

The dress is part of Williams' clothing line, called Aneres -- her first name, spelled backward.

"We're opening our offices, getting a lot of employees," she said. "It's going great. We're having conversations every day about it. I'm drawing, making dresses for me all the time. Every dress I make for someone else, I put it aside, because I like it. It's like I can't get ahead making dresses for other people, because I end up taking them all."

NOTES

-- A half-inch of rain fell on the tennis center early Monday morning, forcing officials to delay the start of play for an hour. There's a 60 percent chance of rain today, mostly in the morning. According to the National Weather Service, there's no more than a 20 percent chance of rain the rest of the week. Temperatures for Sunday's final could reach 80.

-- Attendance for Monday, the first day of the main draw, was 6,732, brining total event attendance so far to 16,320.

-- The tournament will host two free autograph sessions today, with the times and players available at stadium court or guest services.

The Official Fashionista of the Royal Court

Last edited by V.S.; Apr 14th, 2004 at 01:08 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome