The future of tennis requires having alternative shorter scoring formats to help encourage youngsters into tennis and to encourage more competition.
‘Thirty30’ tennis is the alternative shorter scoring method to:
(1) Fast 4 - ‘sets to 4 games (T-B at 3-3) + no ads + no lets’. (e.g. ATP Next Gen, Milan)
(2) The 3rd set decider ‘10-point Match Tie-Break’. (e.g. Tie-Break Tens & ATP/WTA doubles)
The Rules of Thirty30 are identical to traditional tennis except:
(1) EVERY game starts at ’30-all’ i.e. ‘30-30’ - announced “Thirty-Thirty” - the clue is in the name!
(2) At 6 games all, a ‘short set tie-break’ is played, i.e. first to 5 points with a ‘sudden death’ point at 4-4.
(3) Players serve alternative games but only change ends after “two & four” games played, instead of after “one & two” games as per traditional tennis.
A set takes no longer than 20 minutes to complete with a best-of-3-sets match taking no longer than 60 minutes. (Best of 5 in 90 minutes)
An ‘Advantage’ set (i.e. lead by 2 games, e.g. 7-5, 8-6, etc.) of Thirty30 provides an alternative to the 3rd set decider ’10-point Match Tie-Break’.
Thirty30 (T30) can be described as the tennis equivalent of cricket’s shorter and more exciting Twenty20 (T20) format.
Youngsters especially like the shorter faster moving and more exciting matches.
Shorter matches = more matches = more opponents = more fun!
We am looking for people to spread the word or try using Thirty30 and to send their feedback.
There are almost 250 Testimonials on the Thirty30 website.
For further information please see a recent (October 4, 2019) International Blog published on the Tennis TourTalk website:
Email: [email protected]