What do you need to know when playing this game?
1. You are to post three separate hands with number of players based on the main draw before the tournament begins.
6 players in the order of (1-2-3) per hand for a 32-player main draw or round robin
9 players in the order of (2-3-4) per hand for a 64-player main draw
12 players in the order of (3-4-5) per hand for a 128-player main draw
Hands Hand 1 Hand 2 Hand 3
32 Draw/RR = 1 player , 2 players, 3 players
64 Draw = 2 players, 3 players, 4 players
128 Draw = 3 players, 4 players, 5 players
2. The players must be arranged in three different hands with the designated number of players per hand based on the draw.
If you choose a qualifier before qualifying is finished, identify the draw spot
- Q1 = first Q in main draw
If a LL is to be determined before the main draw begins, they may be chosen.
- If it is not determined yet the main draw outlines more Qs for LLs, treat it as Q.
If you choose a doubles team you must list both players on the team cause they may be in singles.
- Errani for singles, Errani/Vinci for doubles
3. You may change your picks as many times as you want before main draw match begins.
Alternates may be designated or listed in order in case players withdraw.
4. ...and one of the most important thing about Three Hand is to have valid hands.
Points earned in Hand 3 must be greater than the combination of Hand 1 & 2
Points earned in Hand 2 must be greater than the Hand 1
Points earned in Hand 1 is always valid
A hand will only award points if it's consider valid, meaning the risks were considered.
Valid Hands earns bonus = 3*(Hand 1) + 2*(Hand 2) + 1*(Hand 3)
Invalid Hands earns 0 = 3*(Hand 1) + 0*(Hand 2) + 1*(Hand 3) -or-
3*(Hand 1) + 2*(Hand 2) + 0*(Hand 3) -or-
3*(Hand 1) + 0*(Hand 2) + 0*(Hand 3)
5. The number of points will be awarded in the following fashion:
Remember, points will only count if it's in a valid hand.
Size W F SF QF R16 R32 R64 R128 | Tournaments applicable
128 Draw 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 Grand Slams, Indian Wells, Miami
64 Draw 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 Beijing, Madrid, Premier 5s
Charleston, Birmingham, Eastbourne
Doubles in Grand Slams
32 Draw 5 4 3 2 1 0 All other tournaments played in singles
Doubles in Premier Mandatory and 5s
16 Draw 4 3 2 1 0 All other tournaments played in doubles except...
Season Ending Championships
8 Draw 3 2 1 0 Doubles Year End Championships in Singapore
Players receiving BYE in the draw will earn 0 points if they lose in their first match played.
- If they receive a walkover after they complete a match, points will be awarded.
With Tournament of Championship canceled and replaced by Zhuhai Elite Trophy, amends were made for RR:
W F SF RR3 RR2 RR1 RR0
Round +3 +2 +1 in addt'l to RR Singles Year End Championships in Singapore
Robin 3 2 1 0 Elite Trophy
An undefeated winner would earn 3 points in RR and 3 points for winning Singapore.
* Subject to change in case there's a rule change in WTA for the season ending championships.
6. In the case where a participant successfully picks all the players who advance to the final 6, 9, or 12 in singles:
The participant is considered to have a Perfect Hand
Perfect hands may have multiple combinations, so...
- Total points earned will be multiplied by 2 after considering the validity of the hands
How to achieve perfect hands?
32 draw = Pick Winner, Finalist, 2 Semifinalists and 2 of the 4 Quarter-finalists
64 draw = Pick Winner, Finalist, 2 Semifinalists, 4 Quarter-finalists and any 1 Round 16 achiever
128 draw = Pick Winner, Finalist, 2 Semifinalists, 4 Quarter-finalists and any 4 Round 16 achievers
There are no perfect hands in Round Robins.
- so you are encouraged to pick doubles for Round Robins.
There are no perfect hands with picks involving doubles.
7. In case there's a tie break, the following tie break method will be used.
- Points acquired in Hand 2 & Hand 3, if equal
- Points acquired in Hand 3, if equal
- Points acquired in Hand 2, if equal
- Correct final games guessed, if equal
- Closer final games guessed, if equal
- Greater of total rankings combined for the players chosen, if equal
- Whoever posted their hands first
So, please list the number of games played in the final in case final games is needed for determination.
Such as: Final 24 games