When to join the queue to get in on the day? - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
 
Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 177,990
                     
Question When to join the queue to get in on the day?

What time to join the queue to get in on the day?

will 8:40am local time do it?

Please visit my Caroline website.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Jorn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,079
                     
Re: When to join the queue to get in on the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
What time to join the queue to get in on the day?

will 8:40am local time do it?
On a sunny day that might be pushing it a bit - I'd go for more like 7:30 - 8.
wally1 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2014, 08:47 AM
夏の匂い。キミの残像。
 
TIEFSEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rootage
Posts: 104,551
                     
Re: When to join the queue to get in on the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
What time to join the queue to get in on the day?

will 8:40am local time do it?
Try 7am. Just to make sure.
TIEFSEE is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2014, 03:51 AM
upset I can't delete posts anymore
 
duhcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,131
                     
Re: When to join the queue to get in on the day?

Any other tips? I've been reading a ton of blogs trying to get an idea of what Queuing is like, but I'd still also would like some insight from you guys. If I don't do overnight on the first day or second, is 7am still an okay time to Queue? Or should I be there earlier because it's the first/second day?

Also, any tips for getting Women's and Men's QF tickets on the queue? Am I going to have to bite that bullet and queue overnight for those?

duhcity is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2014, 06:27 AM
upset I can't delete posts anymore
 
duhcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,131
                     
Re: When to join the queue to get in on the day?

Also 2 more things:

1. Where would I get a cheap tent
2. Does the Queue close at all? I'll be getting into London from Paris late on the 30th, and may want to queue overnight for the Women's Quarterfinals. Would I be turned away if I got there, at say, 1am?


Last edited by duhcity; Jun 6th, 2014 at 08:32 AM.
duhcity is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Senior Member
 
elenadrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 284
                     
Re: When to join the queue to get in on the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhcity View Post
Any other tips? I've been reading a ton of blogs trying to get an idea of what Queuing is like, but I'd still also would like some insight from you guys. If I don't do overnight on the first day or second, is 7am still an okay time to Queue? Or should I be there earlier because it's the first/second day?

Also, any tips for getting Women's and Men's QF tickets on the queue? Am I going to have to bite that bullet and queue overnight for those?
Hello!! Which day will u be goin to queue? I'll be there on day 2, 3 and 4 to queue. We can queue together if you would like.

The time you should arrive depends on which Court you wanna get on to. For me I usually wait till the schedule comes out the evening before to decide. Previously, when I reached at about 715am I could only get tix to Court 1 and not Centre Court. To get into Centre Court it is best to arrive before the first train arrives. This year I must make it to CC haha.
elenadrocks is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2014, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
 
Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 177,990
                     
Re: When to join the queue to get in on the day?

My guess to get CC tixs you has to be there at 2am or even before, same to get QF tickets.

Please visit my Caroline website.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Jorn is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2014, 10:44 PM
upset I can't delete posts anymore
 
duhcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,131
                     
Re: When to join the queue to get in on the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elenadrocks View Post
Hello!! Which day will u be goin to queue? I'll be there on day 2, 3 and 4 to queue. We can queue together if you would like.

The time you should arrive depends on which Court you wanna get on to. For me I usually wait till the schedule comes out the evening before to decide. Previously, when I reached at about 715am I could only get tix to Court 1 and not Centre Court. To get into Centre Court it is best to arrive before the first train arrives. This year I must make it to CC haha.
Thinking Day 1 or 2, and then Second Tuesday/Wednesday.


So if I show up at say 2am, would I be allowed on the line? Or is there a cutoff time for when people can be let onto the line/camp overnight?

duhcity is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Senior Member
 
elenadrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 284
                     
Re: When to join the queue to get in on the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhcity View Post
Thinking Day 1 or 2, and then Second Tuesday/Wednesday.


So if I show up at say 2am, would I be allowed on the line? Or is there a cutoff time for when people can be let onto the line/camp overnight?
nope there's no cut off time. the time you come just determines your position in the queue. I'll definitely be going to queue on Day 2 before 4am. Drop me a message if you are keen.
elenadrocks is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2014, 02:02 AM
upset I can't delete posts anymore
 
duhcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,131
                     
Re: When to join the queue to get in on the day?

Thanks! I sent you a message.

Last question - I know, sorry. I've never been to Europe, let alone Wimbledon, but:
What are the chances I get Men's QF tickets if I get on the queue right after the Women's is done? If Murray's in the Quarters? I think I'll get in the Women just fine, and I'll enjoy it even if I'm on court 1, but I'd really like to get on Centre

My current plan is to arrive day 1 or 2 around 7:30, whichever I'm feeling less hungover, and then both QF days the week after. Send me a message if you'd like to meet your friendly GM Mod, an out of sorts proto-American wandering confusedly around London!

duhcity is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Senior Member
 
PeterWarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 262
                     
Re: When to join the queue to get in on the day?

I think I'll pop along on Monday morning and start queueing at about 7am. I may go other days depending on the weather.

I really just want Ground passes so I can wander about and catch my favourite WTA pros when they are playing.

Carla Suarez Navarro
Sam Stosur - Sabine Lisicki
Ivanovic - Robson - Petkovic - Watson - Hantuchova - Johansson - Serena - Aga
PeterWarne is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
 
Jorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Denmark
Posts: 177,990
                     
Re: When to join the queue to get in on the day?

If one start queue at 8am, can he buy tix for Court 12, or can he Enter there with a Ground Pass?

Please visit my Caroline website.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Jorn is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome