TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Vera Zvonareva - Articles and Interviews Thread
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2010, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
country flag rucolo

Re: Vera Zvonareva - Interview Thread

Montreal, R3:

Quote:
August 18, 2010

VERA ZVONAREVA / Agnes SZAVAY
6-3, 6-3

Interview with:
VERA ZVONAREVA

JOURNALIST: Do you feel you’ve been cruising through this tournament?
VERA ZVONAREVA: Actually, I don’t think so. It always looks easier from the side than it is on the court. I’ve played against two tough opponents... It was not easy for me out there, but I think I managed it quite well. I think I played the way I was supposed to play... I was trying my best on the court and it worked for me.

Q. You may be facing Kim Clijsters in the final. You’ve had your trouble with her in the past...
VERA ZVONAREVA: Definitely, Kim, she is a great player. I think we always had tough matches, a lot of three-setters or very tough ones, but I never managed to beat her before, and finally at Wimbledon, I was able to play very consistently and managed to beat her. I always believe in myself and believe I could beat anyone on the other side of the net. You have to come out there and not only know the game plan, but to be able to execute it. It is very important to play your best to beat someone in the quarter finals in such a big event.

Q. What do you think you are doing well in this tournament?
VERA ZVONAREVA: I think I am a little more consistent and a little bit more relaxed than in the previous tournaments. For me it is always hard to (adapt to) the surface and the transition between the surfaces. This week I feel a lot better. I am playing the game that I am supposed to play on the hard courts.

Q. Why do you play doubles? A lot of top players don’t.
VERA ZVONAREVA: Sometimes when you want to play those extra points, it is always good, especially with the double match formats... I enjoy my time on the court, and I have a great doubles partner. We talk, we chat, we laugh about stupid mistakes. In singles you are a little more intense and you are alone, but in doubles you support each other.

Q: How do you find the courts here? Do you find them different from Cincinnati?
VERA ZVONAREVA: They’re good. I like them so far. Pretty similar. The balls are different, but the surface has been pretty consistent.

Serena: "We have great personalities like Jelena (Jankovic) on the tour."
Jelena: "If I had to pick someone after me, I'd pick Serena."

Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki P. Kvitova
N. Petrova A. Chakvetadze A. Myskina L. Davenport M. Hingis
A. Kournikova T. Paszek K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova
GNTM 2018

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome