TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Gorgeous Chick from Belgium
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2003, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
country flag Majo
Team WTAworld

Gorgeous Chick from Belgium

This article, that I found on the site of a dutch newspaper, makes me very proud to be a Belgian..!

Gorgeous Chick from Belgium (real title: Prachtwijf uit België)

-translated by majo-

Kim Clijsters, just turned 18, brave en bossy when playing on court, looks like a Dutch-girl. Strong, and full of motivation. But when she has to say something, there’s nothing Dutch to her. Then a shyness takes possession of this girl from Bilzen, that makes weak.
What’s the deal anyway with Belgian women, with Belgians? In the past I’ve met Belgians with the same characteristics: especially cyclists, like Eddy Merckx. They seemed to be ashamed of their force, their pugnacity and their cannibalism. They wanted to win everything, they didn't SAY, they DID.

What is it that makes Belgians like Kim Clijsters show us everything they got? Am I astonished wrongly, and do I have per definition as Dutchman a low on Belgians? No, least of all. It simply is the admiration for Belgians. That they just do, just stay, try to be themselves en still manage to be successful. Belgians can tell anyone in their own language what’s occupying them, what their motivation is, why they want to be that good, why life is that good.

When I see Kim Clijsters play, I hope she wins. That she first and foremost conquers those American barbie-girls (note: I’m sorry, but I refuse to translate the real word…). That she wins and just stays, with those wonderful blushes on her cheeks. That she’ll just be a talented sports-woman, who s******s of shyness and conceals her mother is fighting a much tougher war – the war against cancer. Kim Clijsters is a Gorgeous Chick. (by GvH)

"Ik weet dat wij ons erdoor slaan, dat we zij aan zij blijven staan
Tot alle stormen zijn verstomd en er een nieuwe lente komt
En alles weer begint van voor af aan..."

Nolle in causa est; non posse praetenditur.
~Seneca~

Last edited by majo; Jun 8th, 2003 at 04:20 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome