Ok everyone did REALLY well dis is how much everyone got right.
Destry : 22 / 36 (Check if i counted it right tho)
TOT: 23.5 / 36 (half right for ur answer to 20, which is just a)
THE ANSWERS WERE:
1. Serena Williams won 108 points in her opening round match against Emilie Loit, how many did Emilie win?
2. Which WTA Player was sighted at the Melbourne Zoo cuddling the koalas and feeding the Giraffes?
c) Daniela Hantuchova
3. What was Anna Kournikova's average second serve speed in her second round match against Justine Henin-Hardenne?
b) 107 km/h
(Pretty slow. lol)
4. Monica Seles was upset in the second round by Koukalova, when was the last year since Seles had such an early departure in a Grand Slam?
a) 1996 Wimbledon
(Lost to Studenikova in second round then, 1997 Wimbly was third round to Testud)
5. American Women have now won 11 of the last 11 Grand Slams, who was the last non-American to win a Slam?
b) Mary Pierce
(Pierce won the French Open 2000, which was the more recent that Hingis Aus Open 1999 and Graf - French 1999)
6. Venus Williams clocking a 201 km/h serve was...
a) The fastest serve in women's tennis since 1998
(It was against Hantuchova near the end of the match on a first serve, fastest since her 205 km/h bomb in Zurich 1998)
7. How many games did Anna Pistolesi win in her third round encouter with Amanda Coetzer?
(Everyone got dis right
8. Which of these players did NOT feature in a singles night match at Rod Laver Arena?
c) Serena Williams
Venus played on night 3, Seles on night 2, but No Serena
9. Which Aussie Girl who made the third round here last year, was NOT granted a wildcard into the event?
c) Cindy Watson
(Wheeler made first round last year and Stewart 2nd round)
10. Who were the two non-American/Europeans in the 4th round?
a) Amanda Coetzer and Nicole Pratt
(Danillidou is European
11. After which match did Serena Williams tell the press, that she was 'starting to feeling like Serena Williams?'
c) Her QF Match
(After she beat Shaughnessy she said that in her conference)
12. How many minutes did Kim Clijsters beat Petra Mandula in the second round? Which made it the 2nd quickest singles match in history?
b) 33 minutes
(The quickest was Graf d Zverava 1988 French Open final)
13. Who was the first player to register a win in the Open Main Draw?
c) Nadia Petrova
(Surprised everyone got dis right
14. How does Kim Clijsters like her name to be pronounced?
b) KIM CLAY - STERS
(That's wat she said in an interview on Australian television)
15. Who was the top seed in the qualifying event, who failed to make the main draw?
c) Ashley Harkleroad
16. Marlene Weingartner who became famous for her win over Jennifer Capriati in the first round, once
b) Lived in a house that had been owned by Boris Becker and his family
(Lol I made up that boyfriend thingy and the Mauresmo won it's true she was down 6-0, 3-0 but she actually lost 6-0, 4-6, 7-5
17. Which combination were able to upset the highly rated doubles team of Elena Dementieva/Janette Husarova in the women’s doubles?
(Everyone went well on this one)
18. Kim Clijsters once led Serena Williams…? In their semi-final, but lost 4-6, 6-3, 7-5.
b) 6-4, 3-6, 5-1
(This was toooo easy
19. Three Australian women made the third round of the Open for the first time since 1993, who were they?
a) Evie Dominikovic, Samantha Stosur and Nicole Pratt
(Well done ppl who got this right if u aren't Aussies
20. Which of these Russian women failed to win a singles match at the Australian Open?
a) Vera Zvonareva
(This is kinda a trick question, u will notice Zvonareva and Sharapova both lost in the first round, however Sharapova still won a singles match at the Australian Open - 3 of them in qualifying, while Vera came and lost her only match)
21. Which quarter-finalist played the most games en route?
b) Daniela Hantuchova
(I counted and her marathon's against Serra Zanetti and Zuluaga made her the most)
22. Jennifer Capriati lost in the first round, but said that she was…
c) Proud that she had turned up as defending champion
23. Which player had the most hits on the Australian Open website?
b) Daniela Hantuchova
(According to the website she finished just ahead of Anna K)
24. Before the Australian Open started, Jennifer Capriati had to defend claims that…
b) She did not have a Christmas pudding stomach
(The night club one is true but she didn't have defend claims about it in Australia, but she did have to defend the overweight claim)
25. There was a controversy that the Williams’ sister were seeded number 1 in doubles because…
c) Venus wasn’t ranked in doubles and Serena was ranked 25
26. Which player hit the third fastest serve at the Australian Open, behind the Williams’ sisters?
b) Iroda Tulyaganova
27. Dinara Safina was a disappointing first round loser, after her loss she said…
c) She needed to improve everything in her game
(I made up the mobility one, but perhaps it does sound like a reasonable answer
28. Legendary 46 year old Martina Navratilova drove from Sydney to Melbourne, instead of catching a plane because…
a) She did not want to put the new dog that she bought in Australia through the trauma of flying
(Yep this is true, even tho the other seems a possible answer, this was the reason given)
29. Which following question was asked to Anna Kournikova in her press conference after her loss to Justine Henin-Hardenne?
a) What would you say to the thousands of fans, the young male fans, who are all very keen to get your phone number?
30. Virginia Ruano-Pascual played two tournaments leading into the Australian Open, where she reached the quarters, how many matches did she win before the Open?
(Lost all 3 matches in Hopman Cup and opening round in Canberra)
31. The diamonds on Serena Williams’ dress were…
c) Not really diamonds, but stuck on individually by Serena with her glue gun
32. Kim Clijsters prepared for her fourth round match against Amanda Coetzer by…
b) Watching the Oprah Winfrey show on television
That's what she told the press conference, lol, i like my other 2 answers tho
33. Which player said that Kim Clijsters was the best player in the world right now?
a) Anastasia Myskina
34. Venus Williams made sure she was part of the fashion stakes by…
b) Alternating between one or two earrings for her matches
35. Which of these players has won every other match this year in Australia, apart from a loss to Serena Williams?
c) Kim Clijsters
(Molik lost to Serena in the Hopman Cup, won Hobart and retired injured in her loss to Tulyaganova at the Oz Open, however it is still counted as a loss, Shaughnessy pulled out of her QF in the Gold Coast vs Schynder, but still counted as a loss, won Canberra, then lost to Serena, Clijsters is correct cos her losses were not to injury, but to Serena Williams (in Perth and Melbourne)
36. Which two qualifiers made the third round of the main draw?
c) Klara Koukalova and Barbara Schwartz
THANX FOR EVERYONE FOR APPRECIATING MY TIME AND BY ANSWERING,
I might do more in the next grand slams.