TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup 2009
Thread: Fed Cup 2009
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2009, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
country flag JURasic

Fed Cup 2009

After the incredible 12 years(i think) survival in the World group, our heroines () are to play in February in Estonia within the Euro/African zone I, together with 15 other countries (Austria, Belarus, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Great Britain, Hungary, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden).
The teams will be divided in groups and it will really be hard for anyone to promote (back)into the World group.

What is funny is that our team is the best ranked of all above mentioned (19.) and that we are, as far as I saw on some foreign portals, declared as one of favorites

Well, we are in better position with players than it was case in last years, but can hello, potential rivals are Radwanskas, Wozniacki, Kanepi, Szavay, Paszek, Cirstea, Azarenka etc...).

I would call only Sprem and Martic in team (and eventually Savic), since there is no other player capable of playing (with all due respect)... But question remains, who will Prpa invite and who will accept to play...

So, what do you think ?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome