Remember, every choice, whether good or bad, can be deadly...
Suicide Guangzhou Open 2010
2009 Final: lover_of_myskina (FRA) def. joe87 (AUT)
2008 Final: Rena&Lindz (CHN) def. Andiyan (NED)
2007 Final: Tennace (CZE) def. Meelis (EST)
2006 Final: watchdogfish (GBR) def. ???
1. Each day of play, you must pick 1
winner playing a WTA main draw singles match
. (READ: DO NOT PICK A MATCH FROM THE QUALIFYING DRAW!). Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).
2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste a pick on Ana Ivanovic or Maria Sharapova in the early rounds. Conversely, you don't want to make a pick at all on Anna-Lena Groenefeld. Has-beens are not hot.
3. You must choose one player to win each
day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced
, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.
4. In the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do
count as completed matches.
Replacement picks must be identitified like this:
BACK-UP PICK - ANA IVANOVIC
If it is not clearly identified, then both picks will be declared invalid.
5. The seeds will be based on the latest Suicide Rankings. In this International tournament, no byes are granted
6. To sign up
, please type the word "In". Variations are more than acceptable. Your sign up will be confirmed
when you post your picks on the first day of main draw play, and so it is not necessarily a "must" to sign in.
7. Please be advised that you may only play ONE Suicide Tennis tournament per week.
If you play in multiple tournaments per week, you will be given a score of ZERO for the week to go into your ranking.
8. Once you've post your pick it's final, you CAN'T change them.
So don't edit or delete your post or else you will be DISQUALIFIED!
9. Rain rules:
a) You can not change a pick in a match that is rescheduled for another day, even if play has not started. The pick is valid until the match is played or the player withdraws. You are allowed to make further picks as long as your pick is valid.
b) You can only pick a match on the day it is originally scheduled.
c) Should a day's play consist only of matches rescheduled
from another day, there will be no suicide day
and all players qualify for the next day's play (assuming their previous picks are valid)
Ranking Points for Suicide Guangzhou Open (International)
Tournament Homepage: http://sports.21cn.com/2010gzopen/eng/
DAY 1: 1
DAY 2: 15
DAY 3: 30
DAY 4: 50
DAY 5: 70
DAY 6: 130
DAY 7: 200 (No Pick)
DAY 7: 232 (Invalid)
DAY 7: 280 (Winner)
Time in Guangzhou, click here
Suicide Tennis Introduction and Rules - Please click this
Suicide Tennis Rankings - Please click this
** IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER/TENNIS FORUM IS BEING SLOW AND ANNOYING, YOU MAY E-MAIL ME YOUR PICKS AT [email protected]