Teen Queen Greta Thunberg - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
 258Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2019, 06:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Perun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Poland
Posts: 10,216
 
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

Greta Thunberg is a puppet and is a hypocrite. She's a liar too, especially when she tells ''that I don't want to tell people what to do'' and then proceeds with ''I want this, I want that, I want you ... ''. Greta might not be aware of everything that is going around them, so adults around her are more to blame for milking her. In essence she is for emotional manipulation purposes. She does not propose any solutions, neither she understands what she's talking about I am afraid. She should visit China & India first too, but I guess ... she won't even though these countries are far worse as polluters than Europe & USA combined. But everything is white-people's-fault obviously.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Greta got to New York by the use of a zero-carbon boat as a matter of fact.

You do realize that it's a scam and that this boat is not ''zero-carbon-emission''? Guess what it's built from and how it will get back ... they will or have already gotten the crew to fly back to take it. She's not flying but her crew is.


https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/20...ack-to-europe/

Sadly, the original is gone but this video can be helpful to enlighten some naive sheep.




A spokeswoman for Team Malizia said it’ll be necessary to fly the crew to the U.S. because the high-profile trip with the 16-year-old Swedish campaigner that left Plymouth on Wednesday was arranged at very short notice.

Holly Cova told The Associated Press by email Friday that “we only have one boat, so they cannot easily sail over to meet them.”

Cova said the team recognizes it’s “an imperfect solution” but believes offsetting the emissions by funding carbon-reducing projects elsewhere “is better than doing nothing.”

Last edited by Perun; Sep 25th, 2019 at 12:22 AM.
Perun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Sammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 37,322
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg



I can't say I'm a fan in the strictest sense of the word and that speech was indeed rather cringey, but she's doing a great job at waking up the sense of urgency in people everywhere because climate change really is an impending monumental disaster.
Queen Vika likes this.

"Sometimes we've wondered if Martina actually knew what she was saying. Maybe it was her age or inexperience or something got lost in the translation. But I don't know. She comes out with something astounding and then just stares at you like, 'What did I say?' But then she'll have that glint in her eye."

Last edited by Sammo; Sep 24th, 2019 at 06:43 PM.
Sammo is online now  
post #33 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2019, 06:46 PM
Junior Member
 
sawori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 39
                     
I wish I grew up in her generation. I’d never have to go to school.
De Lay likes this.
sawori is offline  
post #34 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2019, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
 
amyd_1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,597
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
They are the first generation of kids, who grew up without reading a book. They are the first generation of kids who grew up being provided more or less whatever they want. They are the first generation of kids who grew up playing online rather than pn the streets of their towns. They never developed independent thinking, and how would they. They never developed immunity to manipulation and brainwashing. And that's what is happening here. Older generations were more mature and had responsibilities at 12 than these guys at 18. But it's older generations who produced them too. So, it's a fair result.
This is stereotyping at best and a kind of rant that every generation gives to its successors. In fact, no generation has ever been praised by its predecessors and usually think of it in the worst terms. Nothing new here.

Also, "these children never grew up reading a book" is incorrect. The sale of children books have been on steady rise for a long time now, we are talking more than a decade. Your second statement is true only for upper middle class/upper class children and that's true of every generation. Most kids don't get everything they want this also includes an extremely high number of displaced children due to war, manmade famine, refugee crises, corporate projects etc.

And "immunity to manipulation and brainwashing"? What is it even suppose to mean? Only overconfident idiots believe they are too smart to be brainwashed or manipulated. But even if we go along with that sentence,then isn't it the responsibility of parents, grandparents, teachers, community leaders and social workers to offer them choices in life that makes them smarter and wiser? Which is to say, isn't it the fault of previous generation for not exposing or properly educating them?

But children are exposed now, in fact, they are connected to world in a way previous generation couldn't because of the internet.

This is the world that previous generations have made for the kids of today. If the venom has to be spewed here, it is to be against those that have come long before these children.

KeninBouchardWozniackiSvitolinaPliskovaGiorgiVekicAndreescuGörgesStephens
amyd_1989 is offline  
post #35 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2019, 08:06 PM
Senior Member
 
rucolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 50,355
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

That she wants to help the environment is good

But also Thunberg is an angry extremist drama queen
And I hate radical people. Radical/extremist views are only bad
Yes, I am also sick of her and other environment extremists´ commands

The environment extremists make so much drama and act like dictators.
Always acting like angels, blaming the others, giving orders. Where is the freedom ???

Serena: "We have great personalities like Jelena (Jankovic) on the tour."
Jelena: "If I had to pick someone after me, I'd pick Serena."


Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki P. Kvitova
N. Petrova A. Chakvetadze A. Myskina L. Davenport M. Hingis
A. Kournikova T. Paszek K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova
Backstreet Boys NSYNC Britney Spears Shania Twain Bryan Adams forever
rucolo is offline  
post #36 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2019, 08:18 PM
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie
 
ys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: always on the move
Posts: 22,820
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyd_1989 View Post
This is stereotyping at best and a kind of rant that every generation gives to its successors. In fact, no generation has ever been praised by its predecessors and usually think of it in the worst terms. Nothing new here.

Also, "these children never grew up reading a book" is incorrect. The sale of children books have been on steady rise for a long time now, we are talking more than a decade. Your second statement is true only for upper middle class/upper class children and that's true of every generation. Most kids don't get everything they want this also includes an extremely high number of displaced children due to war, manmade famine, refugee crises, corporate projects etc.

And "immunity to manipulation and brainwashing"? What is it even suppose to mean? Only overconfident idiots believe they are too smart to be brainwashed or manipulated. But even if we go along with that sentence,then isn't it the responsibility of parents, grandparents, teachers, community leaders and social workers to offer them choices in life that makes them smarter and wiser? Which is to say, isn't it the fault of previous generation for not exposing or properly educating them?

But children are exposed now, in fact, they are connected to world in a way previous generation couldn't because of the internet.

This is the world that previous generations have made for the kids of today. If the venom has to be spewed here, it is to be against those that have come long before these children.
There is no stereotyping here. I mostly referred to things, that are easy to compare.

Books. Most of generation grew up a lot of fiction and history book, that provided a wealth of knowledge in what humanity is and what it was. History and literature of Ancient world, Homer, Herodotus, many more. Medieval history, history of countries, history of arts, history of countries, history of technology, classic literature of 18th and 19th century. My contemporaries averagely read 50K pages on above each by the time they finished high school. We studied things that were just as related to our time that is to this time. Dare to compare the level of common knowledge between generations? That is a foundation of personality. How much of thousands years of humanity have you absorbed in your education years.

I grew up in reasonably prosperous family. Yet, a lot of things, primarily in the most important part of kid's demand - entertainment - were very rationed. Yet, you would almost never hear a nonsense like "I am bored". We embraced every minute of available time with outdoor games, books. We learnt continously. We never got bored. We didn't suicide. How about these kids?

"Immunity to manipulation". Even in USSR, with all its near totalitarian rule, education was a religion, books were a religion, state propaganda and indoctrination - comparing to what it is now with 1000 channels and Internet ' was sandbox level. We read the books, we saw the world, we believed no one, we learnt. Modern kids are so easy to turn into foot soldiers-activists by invisible manipulators, it is scary. You seriously think she is an independent thinker and player, not a pawn? Ok..
GoofyDuck likes this.

PLAY TENNIS!

No more obama, la-la-la-la-la-la

Англичанка гадит.
ys is offline  
post #37 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2019, 09:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Ban Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pandora's Box
Posts: 18,164
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
This is why she is my idol:





I loved her speeches and her activism. She's the voice of our generation.
It's funny, when I saw this earlier I instantly KNEW that someone on TF would gif it and make a thread.


Dayana Yastremska, Félix Auger-Aliassime, Fedex, The Stanimal, Naomi Osaka, The Dog Dolgopolov, Petr Korda, The Borg, Ana Ivanovic

and, of course, her majesty, la reine
STEFFI GRAF
Ban Boy is offline  
post #38 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Senior Member
 
JaySix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,954
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

Perun likes this.

WTA players that have brought me the most joy: Belinda Bencic Martina Hingis Serena Williams BiancaNaochi Aļona Ostapenko Дарья Касаткина Lucie Šafářová

Un giorno capiremo chi siamo
senza dire niente
e sembrerà normale
JaySix is offline  
post #39 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,447
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

A very sad story to me.
Actually a poor, kind of lost kid with initially honorable intentions.
Strangely idolized in public while being shamelessly used by its surroundings and groups of certain political and economical interests.
Javi, Saraya!, De Lay and 2 others like this.
joy division is offline  
post #40 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2019, 10:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Sammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 37,322
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
That she wants to help the environment is good

But also Thunberg is an angry extremist drama queen
And I hate radical people. Radical/extremist views are only bad
Yes, I am also sick of her and other environment extremists´ commands

The environment extremists make so much drama and act like dictators.
Always acting like angels, blaming the others, giving orders. Where is the freedom ???
Honey, the way things are with climate change and with the outlook we currently have for the future, an extremist would be someone bombing the cars of the most polluting corporations' CEOs. She might be an extremist compared to the average person but since when is the average person a good metric for anything? I mean, so because the average person doesn't care that much about climate change and the catastrophic effects that it's going to have on the world economy in a matter of decades, anyone who deviates from that (moronic) norm is an extremist and worthy of hatred? She is much closer to what the norm should be in a sane world than the average person is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
A very sad story to me.
Actually a poor, kind of lost kid with initially honorable intentions.
Strangely idolized in public while being shamelessly used by its surroundings and groups of certain political and economical interests.
Explain those certain political and economical interests.
Sam L, Steff_forever, JN and 2 others like this.

"Sometimes we've wondered if Martina actually knew what she was saying. Maybe it was her age or inexperience or something got lost in the translation. But I don't know. She comes out with something astounding and then just stares at you like, 'What did I say?' But then she'll have that glint in her eye."
Sammo is online now  
post #41 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2019, 02:14 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
CrossCourt~Rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Getting Up, Dusting Off
Posts: 169,664
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

Sam L, mykarma, Boogaloo and 1 others like this.

CrossCourt~Rally is offline  
post #42 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2019, 06:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Brαm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Belgium
Posts: 15,298
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

At least Greta is trying to do something, that's much more than what the world's politicians are doing!

Greta is an anagram for great.
Brαm is offline  
post #43 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2019, 08:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,447
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Honey, the way things are with climate change and with the outlook we currently have for the future, an extremist would be someone bombing the cars of the most polluting corporations' CEOs. She might be an extremist compared to the average person but since when is the average person a good metric for anything? I mean, so because the average person doesn't care that much about climate change and the catastrophic effects that it's going to have on the world economy in a matter of decades, anyone who deviates from that (moronic) norm is an extremist and worthy of hatred? She is much closer to what the norm should be in a sane world than the average person is.
You seem to be one of those many people who consider it a proven fact that man-made impacts are a deciding factor in climate change.
Of course everybody is free to do so but looking at the current level of scientific knowledge with all its various works I consider it a fact that we're far away from either having an entire picture of the climate system and its relevant factors nor a convincing answer to this question. Only a kind of religious-like belief in the one or other direction makes it imo possible to come to a different conclusion.

In a "sane world", a state we obviously don't live in, it was a matter of self-evidence for every individual, company and society to respect and care for nature, environment, fellow human beings and coming generations. There was not needed a political movement to get such things addressed much less people were hysterically running around while hating and accusing each other in such a context as you can notice these days.
The actual "normal" position imo is to be either a climate change advocate or denier. Ironically it`s mainly not scientific interest or understanding that drives both groups.

The lowest and not so far-fetched point we could come to right now was if we got conditions similar to early so called Communist societies like for instance in China or Cambodia. Brain-washed and misguided kids there in the end were peaching and killing their own parents.
De Lay likes this.
joy division is offline  
post #44 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Iblis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rome
Posts: 3,715
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brαm View Post
Greta is an anagram for great.
That's actually the best argument I've heard from Climate Change cultists.
Anyway about Greta, whatever, your usual globalist propaganda puppet child, same old same old.

MK ~ GM ~ MS ~ VA ~ EM ~ SK ~ CG ~ YW ~ TP ~ EV ~ LR
Iblis is offline  
post #45 of 223 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2019, 01:25 PM
EXPRESS YOURSELF
 
Queen Vika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 7,905
                     
Re: Teen Queen Greta Thunberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Greta got to New York by the use of a zero-carbon boat as a matter of fact.

SCREAMING.

Can we sticky this post to the top of the thread.
Sam L likes this.

***

”Satin sheets are very romantic, what happens when you‘re not in bed?”
Queen Vika is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome