Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
 35Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: meelis is a BUG
Posts: 57,266
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarl View Post
I don't agree with the fact that no one in the mainstream media talks about the same death penalty in Saudi Arabia. It isn't a surprise to anyone that Saudi Arabia is ignored because of the military and economic relationship that western countries have with them.
I also don't care about this boycott because this won't have any real impact.

But, I still don't see why this new law in Brunei should be ignored, just because Saudi Arabia is not getting any boycott for the same thing. I don't think gays in Brunei, that will probably die with this new law, will say "Oh Saudi Arabia has the same law and no one cares, so this is okay..."
I never said it should be ignored i said why brunei is so different then the rest of the countries that behave like her? I said its a double standards

"People were created to be loved, things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
I missed Ambug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaedda View Post
uve turned me lesbian with all ur seduction. u know im weak
is it possible to be lesbian for just one girl?
janie meelis is a bug
Punky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 02:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Silent Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Russian Sex Toy
Posts: 26,861
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
I never said it should be ignored i said why brunei is so different then the rest of the countries that behave like her? I said its a double standards
Because it's a brand new law. It will make things worse than they were before. They are going backwards.

Serpentine serpentine
Never straight line serpentine


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsy View Post
I want to dirty talk then our crews brawl then cuddle (while listening Paranoid London)
Silent Bird is offline  
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,013
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Brunei has been moving toward full implementation of Sharia law since 2014. They are basing the punishments on the Koran and the hadiths.

The hadith that prescribes death for homosexual acts is "Ikrima reported on the authority of Ibn Abbas that God’s messenger [Muhammad] said: ‘If you find anyone doing as Lot’s people did, kill the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.’" (Recorded in Mishkat al-Masabih, trans. James Robson, vol. 2, p. 763, Prescribed Punishments).

It's interesting to hear this being reported as "extreme interpretation" of Islam. Since most would agree that Islam is built on the twin foundations of the Koran and the hadiths, they are simply following what Muhammed said to do.

The same applies to the other portions of this law.

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Shakespeare

Some say that youth is wasted on the young. I disagree. I think that wisdom is wasted on the old. All you can do is give it away and the ones that need it want no part of it. Especially those you are closest to. Raymond Reddington
HippityHop is offline  
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 12:53 PM
Art & Futures
 
Hanan Ubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 20,140
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Why do people follow tenets from thousands of years ago at the detriment of other people's well-being
CrossCourt~Rally likes this.

Venus Serena JJ Bethanie Vania Naomi
Petra S. Peng S. Zhang Su-Wei Vera Cici
Vesnina Sveta McHale Zarina Qiang Lizette Danielle Dayana Amanda
Elina Min Garbiñe Sachia Luksika Yafan Niculescu Sofia Sloane Franny Crawford Patty Shelby
Kokkinakis Pospisil Coric Nishikori Berdych Huey Shapovalov Sock F.Lopez Murray Tiafoe Dmitrov Monfils Thiem Roanic Tsonga Khachanov Sugita Chung
--Praying for the return of carpet courts-- Good for the body and quick points!
Hanan Ubis is offline  
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 10:00 PM
Rise up from ignorance
 
Monzanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,807
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

I wonder how many of people talking outrage about this can even locate Brunei on the map It's one of the last absolute monarchies in the world so obviously they don't give a fuck what some Western liberals think about them
ElusiveChanteuse likes this.

Maria Sharapova: Mind Over Matter
FITD: Winner - Portoroz '10, Tashkent '11, Istanbul YEC '11; Suicide: Winner - Fes '11, Memphis '12, Nuernberg '13, Sofia TOC '13, Hobart '15, Tianjin '15, Zhuhai ET '15, Tianjin '16, Taiwan '17
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent '12; ITF Macon '16, Stockton '16, Scottsdale '16 (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14, Hong Kong 25k '16
Monzanator is offline  
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,013
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
I wonder how many of people talking outrage about this can even locate Brunei on the map It's one of the last absolute monarchies in the world so obviously they don't give a fuck what some Western liberals think about them
This is certainly true.

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Shakespeare

Some say that youth is wasted on the young. I disagree. I think that wisdom is wasted on the old. All you can do is give it away and the ones that need it want no part of it. Especially those you are closest to. Raymond Reddington
HippityHop is offline  
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: meelis is a BUG
Posts: 57,266
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

the hypocrite west as usual




why george doesnt talk about all those countrires?

"People were created to be loved, things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
I missed Ambug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaedda View Post
uve turned me lesbian with all ur seduction. u know im weak
is it possible to be lesbian for just one girl?
janie meelis is a bug
Punky is offline  
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2019, 07:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: meelis is a BUG
Posts: 57,266
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
Brunei has been moving toward full implementation of Sharia law since 2014. They are basing the punishments on the Koran and the hadiths.

The hadith that prescribes death for homosexual acts is "Ikrima reported on the authority of Ibn Abbas that God’s messenger [Muhammad] said: ‘If you find anyone doing as Lot’s people did, kill the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.’" (Recorded in Mishkat al-Masabih, trans. James Robson, vol. 2, p. 763, Prescribed Punishments).

It's interesting to hear this being reported as "extreme interpretation" of Islam. Since most would agree that Islam is built on the twin foundations of the Koran and the hadiths, they are simply following what Muhammed said to do.

The same applies to the other portions of this law.
they are just obeying the sharia law, thats their faith as muslims.

hypocrite george

"People were created to be loved, things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
I missed Ambug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaedda View Post
uve turned me lesbian with all ur seduction. u know im weak
is it possible to be lesbian for just one girl?
janie meelis is a bug
Punky is offline  
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2019, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,013
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
they are just obeying the sharia law, thats their faith as muslims.

hypocrite george
Indeed.

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Shakespeare

Some say that youth is wasted on the young. I disagree. I think that wisdom is wasted on the old. All you can do is give it away and the ones that need it want no part of it. Especially those you are closest to. Raymond Reddington
HippityHop is offline  
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,741
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
they are just obeying the sharia law, thats their faith as muslims.

hypocrite george
I dont see how this can be used as an argument for accepting this law. Hypothetically, if there were a religion that says that having sex with a jew is a crime and death penalty should be applied to it, would you just say "oh well, that's their faith"
Javi likes this.
Jarl is offline  
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Silent Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Russian Sex Toy
Posts: 26,861
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Israel is killing Palestinian gays with impunity.

Hypocrite George.

Serpentine serpentine
Never straight line serpentine


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsy View Post
I want to dirty talk then our crews brawl then cuddle (while listening Paranoid London)
Silent Bird is offline  
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2019, 09:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: meelis is a BUG
Posts: 57,266
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarl View Post
I dont see how this can be used as an argument for accepting this law. Hypothetically, if there were a religion that says that having sex with a jew is a crime and death penalty should be applied to it, would you just say "oh well, that's their faith"
If ur under the impression im ok with it you are mistaken

I dont get the buzz over this like its news that gays suffer under sharia law, whats the news in it? Those countries are well know including Russia i dont see George and his dake Hollywood friends going againat saudi and Qatar and Russia and the rest of them that will put u in jail for kissing ur bf/gf

There's at least 5 countries in Africa who are the same, i didn't see a buzz against it

"People were created to be loved, things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
I missed Ambug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaedda View Post
uve turned me lesbian with all ur seduction. u know im weak
is it possible to be lesbian for just one girl?
janie meelis is a bug
Punky is offline  
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,741
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
If ur under the impression im ok with it you are mistaken

I dont get the buzz over this like its news that gays suffer under sharia law, whats the news in it? Those countries are well know including Russia i dont see George and his dake Hollywood friends going againat saudi and Qatar and Russia and the rest of them that will put u in jail for kissing ur bf/gf

There's at least 5 countries in Africa who are the same, i didn't see a buzz against it
I've read many of your comments in this forum and I'm pretty sure you are NOT ok with death penalty for gays or any kind of extremism

This kind of laws are not new, especially in a muslim country. But, why should we just ignore this because of the argument that other countries have something similar? I also don't understand why the whole discussion has been what Hollywood actors are saying or boycotting. Like the Twitter thread in the first page explains, those boycotts won't do anything against the government of Brunei. They are pretty much meaningless.
Jarl is offline  
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: meelis is a BUG
Posts: 57,266
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarl View Post
I've read many of your comments in this forum and I'm pretty sure you are NOT ok with death penalty for gays or any kind of extremism

This kind of laws are not new, especially in a muslim country. But, why should we just ignore this because of the argument that other countries have something similar? I also don't understand why the whole discussion has been what Hollywood actors are saying or boycotting. Like the Twitter thread in the first page explains, those boycotts won't do anything against the government of Brunei. They are pretty much meaningless.
I never said we should ignore them, I expressed my astonishment at the wonder, as if it was the only country in the world that behaves like this, and Clooney's call to boycott sounds ridiculous to me. He tries to get attention or is ignorant and unaware that there are other countries that behave like this?

the discussion in the world got buzz bc of george thats all

"People were created to be loved, things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
I missed Ambug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaedda View Post
uve turned me lesbian with all ur seduction. u know im weak
is it possible to be lesbian for just one girl?
janie meelis is a bug
Punky is offline  
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
 
ElusiveChanteuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 84,588
                     
Re: Two more days then the fit hits the shan in Brunei

I wonder why people want to make a big deal about their law? If you don't like or agree with it, just don't go to their country and have sex (if you're gay that is!)
Also, Brunei is an Islamic country, so their population majority is Muslim people, so I am very sure they are well aware of what their religion is, including what they can or cannot do or under their shariah law.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome