DA perceptions - TennisForum.com
 33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2019, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
LewisCarroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,652
                     
DA perceptions

So, recently I have been noticing that some users really seem to be DAs and in a logical and rational analysis made some conclusions of signals. Would like to know what you guys think and if you have suggestions to.

1 Boldness

Normally new users are shy, unsure and trying to be nice. When a new account pops already trolling and being aggressive, is a real red flag for me. This is the strongest signal, and all the others that a point only enhance this one.

2 No Avatar

Not that indicative, but raises an eye

3 Posting as soon as created

Posting as soon as the account is created although also a light signal give some suspicions.

4 Not afraid to opening threads

As soon as they have the opportunity they are not afraid at all of opening threads. Normally new users are shy.

https://twitter.com/Lewis_Carroll32/...04634804015105

"Peace with Honour"

(I'm trying to improve my vocabulary, so I'll use some fancy words here, don't be afraid of correcting me)
LewisCarroll is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2019, 08:54 PM
Chionophile
 
Sam L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cryosphere
Posts: 39,590
                     
Re: DA perceptions

DA?

Dancing and Skating through Life


Sam L is offline  
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2019, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
LewisCarroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,652
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
DA?
Double Account

https://twitter.com/Lewis_Carroll32/...04634804015105

"Peace with Honour"

(I'm trying to improve my vocabulary, so I'll use some fancy words here, don't be afraid of correcting me)
LewisCarroll is offline  
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2019, 09:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,839
                     
Re: DA perceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisCarroll View Post
So, recently I have been noticing that some users really seem to be DAs and in a logical and rational analysis made some conclusions of signals. Would like to know what you guys think and if you have suggestions to.

1 Boldness

Normally new users are shy, unsure and trying to be nice. When a new account pops already trolling and being aggressive, is a real red flag for me. This is the strongest signal, and all the others that a point only enhance this one.

2 No Avatar

Not that indicative, but raises an eye

3 Posting as soon as created

Posting as soon as the account is created although also a light signal give some suspicions.

4 Not afraid to opening threads

As soon as they have the opportunity they are not afraid at all of opening threads. Normally new users are shy.
I also think that user is a DA, but obviously I have no proofs, just the same suspections than you. I hope it’s discovered and thus banned soon
Javi is offline  
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2019, 09:47 PM
Art & Futures
 
Hanan Ubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 20,237
                     
Re: DA perceptions

Maybe it's technically not a double account if they got banned / suspended and are creating a new one, not planning to use their old one again

Venus Serena JJ Bethanie Vania Naomi
Petra S. Peng S. Zhang Su-Wei Vera Cici
Vesnina Sveta McHale Zarina Qiang Lizette Danielle Dayana Amanda
Elina Min Garbiñe Sachia Luksika Yafan Niculescu Sofia Sloane Franny Crawford Patty Shelby
Kokkinakis Pospisil Coric Nishikori Berdych Huey Shapovalov Sock F.Lopez Murray Tiafoe Dmitrov Monfils Thiem Roanic Tsonga Khachanov Sugita Chung
--Praying for the return of carpet courts-- Good for the body and quick points!
Hanan Ubis is offline  
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2019, 09:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Haleptard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,799
                     
Re: DA perceptions

Most of these Serena123/Sharapova/Halep accounts that pop out every few weeks only to open dumb threads, make inflammatory posts and troll the fanbases, I suspect of being double accounts.
Javi, Rads101 and halep123 like this.
Haleptard is offline  
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2019, 09:58 PM
Retired Vigilante
 
Rads101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,214
                     
Re: DA perceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanan Ubis View Post
Maybe it's technically not a double account if they got banned / suspended and are creating a new one, not planning to use their old one again
Maybe it's technically not a DA. But practically it's forbidden just as much and subject to the same fate if caught.
Javi likes this.

/
Rads101 is offline  
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
LewisCarroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,652
                     
The guy is more annoying than PovaDaQueen an all his DAs.

https://twitter.com/Lewis_Carroll32/...04634804015105

"Peace with Honour"

(I'm trying to improve my vocabulary, so I'll use some fancy words here, don't be afraid of correcting me)
LewisCarroll is offline  
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Art & Futures
 
Hanan Ubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 20,237
                     
Re: DA perceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rads101 View Post
Maybe it's technically not a DA. But practically it's forbidden just as much and subject to the same fate if caught.
What if they legitimately forgot about their past account due to amnesia

Or they have multiple personalities?

Venus Serena JJ Bethanie Vania Naomi
Petra S. Peng S. Zhang Su-Wei Vera Cici
Vesnina Sveta McHale Zarina Qiang Lizette Danielle Dayana Amanda
Elina Min Garbiñe Sachia Luksika Yafan Niculescu Sofia Sloane Franny Crawford Patty Shelby
Kokkinakis Pospisil Coric Nishikori Berdych Huey Shapovalov Sock F.Lopez Murray Tiafoe Dmitrov Monfils Thiem Roanic Tsonga Khachanov Sugita Chung
--Praying for the return of carpet courts-- Good for the body and quick points!
Hanan Ubis is offline  
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,839
                     
Re: DA perceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rads101 View Post
Maybe it's technically not a DA. But practically it's forbidden just as much and subject to the same fate if caught.
He/She is basically trolling 24/7. Can you give that user a warning at least? He/She is ruining GM for me.
Javi is offline  
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2019, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,931
                     
Re: DA perceptions

Blanche Neige is 100% a double account who projects and accuses everyone else of being double accounts.
Plies is offline  
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2019, 03:28 PM
Retired Vigilante
 
Rads101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,214
                     
Re: DA perceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanan Ubis View Post
What if they legitimately forgot about their past account due to amnesia

Or they have multiple personalities?
Sorry, but answering trollish questions is not part of my job description.

But to be fair, you have a point: the type of trolling I've seen lately on some users does hint to mental issues of some kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
He/She is basically trolling 24/7. Can you give that user a warning at least? He/She is ruining GM for me.
He's ruining GM for me too, but trolling is hard to infract. If he is reported often enough though, action will have to be taken. Without a clear rule broken or DA proof, the next best thing is enough proof that he's a nuisance to plenty of users of a forum before we can do something.
Hanan Ubis likes this.

/
Rads101 is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2019, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
LewisCarroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,652
                     
Other users and me had threads and posts deleted for so less cof f* off cof minnen.

I've heard there's something called baiting that is like the Joker of infractions
Javi likes this.

https://twitter.com/Lewis_Carroll32/...04634804015105

"Peace with Honour"

(I'm trying to improve my vocabulary, so I'll use some fancy words here, don't be afraid of correcting me)
LewisCarroll is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2019, 12:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Daydreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2,377
                     
Re: DA perceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rads101 View Post
Sorry, but answering trollish questions is not part of my job description.

But to be fair, you have a point: the type of trolling I've seen lately on some users does hint to mental issues of some kind.


He's ruining GM for me too, but trolling is hard to infract. If he is reported often enough though, action will have to be taken. Without a clear rule broken or DA proof, the next best thing is enough proof that he's a nuisance to plenty of users of a forum before we can do something.
We should all put that poster on ignore. They can troll themselves.
Rads101 likes this.
Daydreamer is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2019, 12:32 AM
Retired Vigilante
 
Rads101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,214
                     
Re: DA perceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
We should all put that poster on ignore. They can troll themselves.
As mod, I don't really have that luxury, but you guys do.

And you should make use of it! The other thing that hurts a troll pretty much as much as a ban, is feeling ignored. Then he will try harder, eventually breaking a rule. We'll be waiting.
Ed Hominan and Daydreamer like this.

/
Rads101 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome