The EU provides the poorer countries with a lot of money for infrastructure and agriculture.
Besides that there is freedom of labour, meaning Poles, Romanians etc can travel freely to richer countries and make higher wages than in their own countries and take those wages home to support their families and invest in own businesses.
Your country would not be better off outside the EU. Maybe it's better to do something about the widespread corruption in Romania first before looking for blame elsewhere.
My friend you are broken of reality.
Regard what ue provides, let me remind you that any UE countries pay their contribution to the UE budget. The ue companies which have the monopol in the eastern contries externalize their provits which are a lot bigger than from their origin countries. Here in Romania due to the corrupted politicians the legislation help UE firms and strangle local businesses. Not to mention that DNA (National Anti-corruption Division) was created only for romanians companies to shut them down. They have not investigated foreign firms on the contrary have closed files where western firms were involved.
Regard the freedom of labour. That was the main reason why they accepted the eastern countries for the cheap labour force. They cleaned the countries of specialists. Why do you think that Merkel or other politicians invited emigrants to their country? First reason is the lack of qualified workforce.
The problem with the free labour is that many of the easterners they establish in their adopted country and will never come back home. And even those which send money home and doesn't have the intention to stay they pay taxes in the adopted country again.
Regard the corruption in Romania, you heard about it only because UE need a black sheep to point fingers. Yes we have corruption in Romania like any other country iin the world, but i dare to say that the lvl of it is small compare tho the coruption from the western country which tends to bury it, not outsource it.
Let me provide you a few examples of high corruption in the western countries which led to large fine:
- Siemens (Germany): fine of 1.6 BILLION dollars;
- Telia Company AB (Sweden): 965 MILLION dollars;
- VimpelCom (Netherlands) 795 MILLION dollars;
- Alstom (France): 772 MILLION dollars;
- KBR / Halliburton (USA): 579 MILLION dollars;
- Teva Pharmaceutical (Israel): 519 MILLION dollars;
- Och-Ziff (USA): 412 MILLION dollars;
- BAE (UK): 400 MILLION dollars;
- Total SA (France): 398 MILLION dollars;
- Alcoa (USA): 384 MILLION dollars;
- Snamprogetti Netherlands B.V. / ENI S.p.A (Netherlands / Italy): 365 MILLION dollars.
- JPMorgan Chase (US): 5.29 MILLION USD;
- Credit Suisse (Switzerland): 5.3 BILLION dollars;
- Wells Fargo (US): $ 5.35 MILLION;
- Deutsche Bank (Germany): US $ 7.2 BILLION;
- Bank of America (US): $ 8.5 MILLION;
- BNP Paribas (France): 8.9 BILLION dollars;
- Bank of America (US fine nine): 11.8 BILLION dollars;
- JP Morgan Chase (USA, nine fine): 13 BILLIONS of dollars;
- Bank of America (US fine nine): 16.65 BILLION dollars.