al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence - TennisForum.com
 27Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2016, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,496
                     
al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

The sex trade in Yemen: How Al-Qaeda makes millions by trafficking children

The article above is relatively brief and was written by a brave Muslim woman who has certainly risked her own life by issuing the report. Although Islam doesn't evoke lots of warm feelings within me, that's totally irrelevant in this matter. Kidnaping children and women for trade as sex slaves is vile enough, but what's even more grievous to consider is that(as the article mentions) al-Qaeda traders are brazenly bragging about their new enterprise; they don't even hide this sickening effort because they've received tacit approval from the Saudi gov't--whose officials are surely 'customers', in many cases--with no threat whatsoever of prosecution.

Clearly, most of you had NO IDEA this was going on, and most folks don't even know that the Saudi military has invaded and blockaded the nation of Yemen in totally unjustified aggression. We can blame that ignorance on the cowards in the mainstream media in the US and Western Europe who are only too happy to perform figurative fellatio on their dear friends--their Saudi oil suppliers. While ludicrous accusations are fabricated against countries like Iran, Syria and Libya when they refuse to co-operate with the UK and US foreign policy agenda, Saudi Arabia pretty much gets a free pass on their brutal human rights violations.

Topics like pedophilia only get token attention from the UK and US mainstream media(i.e., just barely enough to maintain the pretense of journalistic integrity) because the media agency directors themselves are invariably freemasons who, themselves, practice ritual sex abuse on virgin children at their masonic rites. You've noticed that even those few exposed politicians--who were so sloppy with their pedophile lust that it couldn't be kept secret anymore--never receive any serious punishment, unless you deem forced resignation justice for the victims, and there's never any follow-up by the media as to why legal prosecution doesn't take place...they just distract the masses with some celebrity divorce story and hope that everyone forgets about their pedophile senator or MP

It's easy to feel powerless when looking at entrenched political allies of the US and UK but--just as public protest compelled the British newspapers to finally address their pedophile scandal--the public might be able to make the US gov't. put some pressure on their Saudi buddies to lay off on the sex trade for at least a while until the furor dies down. That is, IF enough people start talking about this to the point where it's all out in the open. The victims of this sex trade deserve NO less than that.Personally, I don't have ANY more comments to add, as the situation speaks for itself, but I'm gonna bump this thread every week, if necessary, with photos of Saudi aggression and/or al-Qaeda sex slave trade victims, and the article will be reposted at or near the top of every new page as an explicit reminder. Turning a blind eye to evil only encourages it even more

Laura y Bruce Goose: Dos gansos mexicanos completamente enamorados

The Caro Ascendancy--from pusher to legendary tennis goddess

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens
bruce goose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2016, 05:22 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,961
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

It's worth pointing out something else that the western media rarely (if ever) mentions. Our media often (nearly always) portrays conflicts in the middle east as sunnis vs shiites. They always refer to terrorism in the west as "islam terrorism." And that's the main reason for the islamophobia there is in western countries. In truth organisations like Al-Qaida, isis and others like that are all expressions of Wahhabism. Wahhabism is considered a heretic belief system by the vast majority of the muslim world. They are in fact not even real muslims. They eat pork, do drugs, drink alcohol, go to striptease bars - all things that a fundamentalist muslim definitely wouldn't do. It's in fact real muslims that are the biggest victims of Wahhabism. The reason why our media never calls their activities Wahhabism is that Wahhabism originates from Saudi-Arabia - our most beloved partner in the region, although it's probably the biggest offender of human rights on the planet.
mykarma likes this.

Chrissie-fan is offline  
post #3 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pandora's Box
Posts: 16,624
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Wow, is there ever a lot of misinformation in this thread... and only two posts in.

This COULD have been a good topic but has already descended into stupidity unfortunately.

Silent Bird likes this.
LorenzoSt.Dubois is offline  
post #4 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2016, 06:08 PM
Senior Member
 
A Magicman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hannover
Posts: 10,484
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post

Topics like pedophilia only get token attention from the UK and US mainstream media(i.e., just barely enough to maintain the pretense of journalistic integrity) because the media agency directors themselves are invariably freemasons who, themselves, practice ritual sex abuse on virgin children at their masonic rites.
They should come to Germany. Marrying a child is gonna be legal here soon cos of the rites of our new stoneage citizen.

GretaArn - Naomi Osaka

and a reminiscence to the past:
HELEN KELESI FOREVER
Hater of Radwanska & Wozniacki
A Magicman is offline  
post #5 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2016, 08:58 PM
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,941
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmtrakQuebec View Post
Wow, is there ever a lot of misinformation in this thread... and only two posts in.

This COULD have been a good topic but has already descended into stupidity unfortunately.
IMO your post is the first descent into stupidity in the thread. Because, even if you're correct about there being misinformation, you offered nothing about what/why. Correct or not, at least the first two posts are people sharing what they know/think with the intent of being helpful.

"These lifeforms feel such passionate hatreds over matters of custom, God concepts, even - strangely enough - economic systems." - Capt. J Piccard USS Enterprise

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline  
post #6 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2016, 10:52 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
wta_zuperfann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 9,395
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

I don't know why the UK & USA media are singled out since this is a world wide phenomenon:


http://www.unodc.org/documents/Global_Report_on_TIP.pdf



How has the rest of the world responded and why haven't those of you on this forum held them equally accountable for their "silence" ?
eldanielfire likes this.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.



Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline  
post #7 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2016, 11:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,992
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wta_zuperfann View Post
I don't know why the UK & USA media are singled out since this is a world wide phenomenon:


http://www.unodc.org/documents/Global_Report_on_TIP.pdf



How has the rest of the world responded and why haven't those of you on this forum held them equally accountable for their "silence" ?
Very good questions. I'd love to know the answers too. I have my own theory as to why but I'd like to hear it from the first two posters ITT.

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Shakespeare

Some say that youth is wasted on the young. I disagree. I think that wisdom is wasted on the old. All you can do is give it away and the ones that need it want no part of it. Especially those you are closest to. Raymond Reddington

Last edited by HippityHop; Sep 15th, 2016 at 11:37 PM.
HippityHop is offline  
post #8 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2016, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,496
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wta_zuperfann View Post
I don't know why the UK & USA media are singled out since this is a world wide phenomenon:


http://www.unodc.org/documents/Global_Report_on_TIP.pdf



How has the rest of the world responded and why haven't those of you on this forum held them equally accountable for their "silence" ?
Since you and the poster that followed directly solicited an answer, I'll speak for myself and allow the poster from Belgium to do the same if he/she wishes.

Though you're absolutely right that sex trafficking is a widespread problem, I was deeply moved by this specific crisis(as the original post states) because most traffickers operate as criminals normally do.....DISCREETLY, by evading the law through clever secrecy. However, the situation in Yemen/Saudi Arabia is even worse than typical,already-vile trafficking because the al-Qaeda traders are brazenly doing their deeds right out in the open, with no fear at all of prosecution.

The second part of your question is far easier to answer: though, again, you're correct that ANY nation that purposely turns a blind eye to it--including Los Estados Unidos de Mexico--is guilty of cowardice and extreme moral decadence, you can't deny that the UK and US are the most assertive in proclaiming themselves world leaders and dictating what other nations ought to do. Those in leadership positions should be expected to maintain higher-than-average level standards and, IMO, we're only seeing rock-bottom level standards from the UK and US when it comes to Saudi human rights violations. No objective observer could claim that Iran was anywhere CLOSE to Saudi Arabia in re brutal suppression tactics, and yet Iran is being suspiciously targeted while the Saudis are given virtual carte-blanche
mykarma likes this.

Laura y Bruce Goose: Dos gansos mexicanos completamente enamorados

The Caro Ascendancy--from pusher to legendary tennis goddess

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens
bruce goose is offline  
post #9 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2016, 12:41 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,961
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Since you and the poster that followed directly solicited an answer, I'll speak for myself and allow the poster from Belgium to do the same if he/she wishes.
I don't really wish to. I don't really have any desire anymore trying to convince people of anything. They can do their own research and come to their own conclusions if they so wish. Besides, I didn't single out the media in the US and the UK in any way.

Chrissie-fan is offline  
post #10 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2016, 01:00 PM
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,941
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wta_zuperfann View Post
I don't know why the UK & USA media are singled out since this is a world wide phenomenon:
http://www.unodc.org/documents/Global_Report_on_TIP.pdf


ow has the rest of the world responded and why haven't those of you on this forum held them equally accountable for their "silence" ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
Very good questions.
The report linked to by wta_zuperfann covers much more than the specific "case" in the OP. Which is the trafficking in/through Yemen with Saudi collusion.

I don't know about the UK ties but the US continues to be buddy-buddy with Saudi without pressure on them to quell the various crap they support.

Here's a "somewhat related" story Former U.S. Diplomats Decry the U.S.-Backed Saudi War in Yemen

"These lifeforms feel such passionate hatreds over matters of custom, God concepts, even - strangely enough - economic systems." - Capt. J Piccard USS Enterprise

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited by pov; Sep 16th, 2016 at 01:34 PM.
pov is offline  
post #11 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,514
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's worth pointing out something else that the western media rarely (if ever) mentions. Our media often (nearly always) portrays conflicts in the middle east as sunnis vs shiites. They always refer to terrorism in the west as "islam terrorism." And that's the main reason for the islamophobia there is in western countries. In truth organisations like Al-Qaida, isis and others like that are all expressions of Wahhabism. Wahhabism is considered a heretic belief system by the vast majority of the muslim world. They are in fact not even real muslims. They eat pork, do drugs, drink alcohol, go to striptease bars - all things that a fundamentalist muslim definitely wouldn't do. It's in fact real muslims that are the biggest victims of Wahhabism. The reason why our media never calls their activities Wahhabism is that Wahhabism originates from Saudi-Arabia - our most beloved partner in the region, although it's probably the biggest offender of human rights on the planet.
They do?

Also, at least German media and some politicians (Mostly Greens like Özdemir. Not so much our ruling parties because we like to sell Saud Arabia weapons) constantly critisise Wahhabism, Salafsism and the targeted export of the ideology by Saudi Arabia.
LorenzoSt.Dubois likes this.

Last edited by Herbert; Sep 16th, 2016 at 02:44 PM.
Herbert is offline  
post #12 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2016, 02:53 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
wta_zuperfann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 9,395
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Human trafficking as human rights violations ...



Before the USA government and the media concern themselves with what goes on in Yemen and Saudi Arabia, they need to concern themselves with what is going on within our own borders:


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_..._United_States



In a society where young black men are often as vulnerable to police shootings and institutional abuses as Jews were in Nazi Germany, it would be far wiser for people here to address and correct these problems before concerning themselves with problems overseas. The problems we see in the States continue unabated because there are so many who continue to insist upon intervening overseas while ignoring the problems that occur domestically (with many denying that such problems even exist). Set your own house in order. Then worry about all else.
chris1986 likes this.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.



Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline  
post #13 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2016, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,496
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wta_zuperfann View Post
Human trafficking as human rights violations ...



Set your own house in order. Then worry about all else.
This is sound logic, in general, but the problem HERE is that your gov't has already supplied the weaponry, training and advisors for the Saudis to increase their military might and attack weaker nations like Yemen, not to mention the almost blanket protection the Saudis get from the UN in re human rights abuses. As such, they can't use the non-intervention crutch when they've already enabled and encouraged Saudi aggression.

As for your media needing to focus first on domestic sex trafficking, I totally agree with you, but the reality is that they're not gonna delve too deeply into ANY sort of abuses, due to the reasons mentioned earlier

Laura y Bruce Goose: Dos gansos mexicanos completamente enamorados

The Caro Ascendancy--from pusher to legendary tennis goddess

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens
bruce goose is offline  
post #14 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2016, 03:14 PM
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,941
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wta_zuperfann View Post
In a society where young black men are often as vulnerable to police shootings and institutional abuses as Jews were in Nazi Germany,


You don't help by bringing utterly ridiculous (and that's an understatement) exaggerations and comparisons to the issue.


Beyond that, if an issue isn't of interest to you why bother reading/posting about it?

"These lifeforms feel such passionate hatreds over matters of custom, God concepts, even - strangely enough - economic systems." - Capt. J Piccard USS Enterprise

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline  
post #15 of 238 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2016, 03:55 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
wta_zuperfann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 9,395
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
This is sound logic, in general, but the problem HERE is that your gov't has already supplied the weaponry, training and advisors for the Saudis to increase their military might and attack weaker nations like Yemen, not to mention the almost blanket protection the Saudis get from the UN in re human rights abuses. As such, they can't use the non-intervention crutch when they've already enabled and encouraged Saudi aggression.

As for your media needing to focus first on domestic sex trafficking, I totally agree with you, but the reality is that they're not gonna delve too deeply into ANY sort of abuses, due to the reasons mentioned earlier


Kudos to you as your answer is far more intelligent than the pathetic reply given by pov.

Indeed, it is a shame that the US government supports the Saudis who have been implicated by some as collaborators in the 9/11 disaster. And to me, it is equally sad that there are so many in the US who remain in denial over so many of our domestic problems which continue to go unaddressed and unresolved.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.



Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome