al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
 27Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 243 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 2017, 04:27 PM
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,941
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose;76645394Of course, the puppets/cowards in the mainstream media insist that the US[s
/UK/KSA[/s] are doing this to fight terrorism and bring stability to the country,
That's not exactly true. Here's one of a few good articles on the subject:

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-trump/516024/

"These lifeforms feel such passionate hatreds over matters of custom, God concepts, even - strangely enough - economic systems." - Capt. J Piccard USS Enterprise

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 03:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,610
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

https://youtu.be/Dvi_kIfIvM8

It's hard to say what exponent you'd need to magnify the word 'appalling' so that it adequately described the Saudi government and the repulsively hypocritical alliance that the UK and US have made with the KSA. As you may confirm by listening to the program in the link above, Wahabbism--the state-sponsored religion of Saudi Arabia--allows a man to eat his wife since she is no more than property to him. It's insulting that they are asinine enough to qualify that liberty by saying that the man may only do so if he's hungry. The big-name feminists groups have joined in the cowardly silence like submissive,eyelash-batting, kept whores because they are funded by the same globalist population-control maniacs('zealots' gives them too much credibility) who are buddy-buddy with both Israel's militant Zionists and the Saudi-led oil cartel. The grass-roots feminist groups who are outraged by the brutality mentioned above simply don't receive any airtime with the fellatio-performing stooges in the mainstream media. It's pure, uncut insanity that the KSA is even permitted to SET FOOT in the UN, let alone have a seat on its human rights council. It doesn't take much of a leap to figure out that any government who sanctioned cannibalism within marital relations would also do nothing about sexual slavery of women and children. In fact, there's enough evidence to demonstrate that they are CLIENTS of that trade and not just indifferent bystanders.

What would be equally laughable--if it weren't so disgustingly dishonest--is the claim by the ambassador to the UN of the Saudi-backed Yemeni puppet government that Houthi rebels are causing the deprivation in the country. Since it's common knowledge for anyone with an internet connection that the Saudis and the Coalition forces are blockading the country to deny food and medical supplies, that jackass,peon ambassador doesn't even deserve the respect of having a working microphone placed in front of him. The program also touches on how small the REAL Houthis are in number...and how the media plays with the name 'Houthi' in the same way that Western powers toss around the word 'terrorism' to rationalize police-state measures. The only difference here is that we're dealing with imperialism instead of domestic control

Laura y Bruce Goose: Dos gansos mexicanos completamente enamorados

The Caro Ascendancy--from pusher to legendary tennis goddess

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens
bruce goose is offline  
post #93 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2017, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,610
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCI8cbpun5Q

Though the entire vid is informative, those with less patience(and attention span) can get the gist within the first 20 minutes. That is,in the bigger picture, there's really no major difference between the events in Yemen and those in Syria. From a superficial standpoint, the western imperialist machine is trying to overthrow an uncooperative leader in Syria and RE-install a puppet government in Yemen, but the agenda is the same.

As for the media, there's a mixture of five elements: (1)Naive peons who just read from whatever teleprompter is put in front of them; (2)People who suspect, or know, that the government propaganda line might be BS...yet lack the courage to follow up; (3)Media members who KNOW that this Middle East agenda is all a globalist plot yet just don't give a damn; (4)Stooges who know the agenda and approve of it; (5) Asswipes who don't bother to investigate the truth because they're happy to draw a paycheck from ANYone, no matter how vile they are. It's anyone's guess as to how the perentages of those 5 groups break down, but the media agency managers are well aware of what's happening, and they tailor the news according to what their corporate bosses want.

In the same way that Trump claims he's attacking ISIS by going after Assad--when, in reality, the US, UK and KSA have funded, armed and trained ISIS--the Coalition force mouthpieces suggest that Houthi forces are causing starvation in Yemen. Anyone with a working brain cell could figure out that the Yemeni people would turn against the resistance and rat out their positions to the Coalition if, in truth, the Houthis were starving their own people. On the contrary, the overwhelming majority of Yemenis SUPPORT the resistance, as it's the Coalition who are actually blockading the country and preventing food OR medical supplies from entering. Once again, we get almost complete silence from the cowards in the mainstream media who are supposedly so concerned about human rights

Laura y Bruce Goose: Dos gansos mexicanos completamente enamorados

The Caro Ascendancy--from pusher to legendary tennis goddess

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens
bruce goose is offline  
post #94 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2017, 06:35 PM
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,941
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
[ in reality, the US, UK and KSA have funded, armed and trained ISIS-
That's one hell of a claim to make. On what basis do you make it? I've seen nothing that would substantiate that view. It is clear that the result of the US and allies pursuing their agenda in the mid-east was conditions that allowed/influenced the formation of Daesh but beyond that

"These lifeforms feel such passionate hatreds over matters of custom, God concepts, even - strangely enough - economic systems." - Capt. J Piccard USS Enterprise

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline  
post #95 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2017, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,610
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
That's one hell of a claim to make. On what basis do you make it? I've seen nothing that would substantiate that view. It is clear that the result of the US and allies pursuing their agenda in the mid-east was conditions that allowed/influenced the formation of Daesh but beyond that
Unfortunately, there's PLENTY of evidence, such as reports from the independent media that the only sighting that some Syrian citizens have had of the White Helmets was when they were CONFERRING with Daesh-led forces and providing them with supplies and weapons. It's obvious, by now, that Assad is fighting against ISIS/Daesh and not WITH them, so the very fact that they're trying to topple Assad is all the justification that the Brits/Yanks/Saudis need to support that terrorist group.

You're not gonna see jack shit from the mainstream media sources on this, because the filthy-rich corporations that own them are buddy-buddy with the oil cartel, just as nobody amongst those cowards would ask why the Yemeni people still support the Houthis even though those 'terrorists' are allegedly starving their own countrymen....Nor do they ask why in the hell Assad would launch a nerve gas attack against completely non-threatening civilian targets--and give the imperialist powers an extra excuse to bombard him--when he had been largely successful in repelling Daesh, with Russia's help. It makes no sense whatsoever yet it makes PERFECT sense for the Trump administration to blame Assad for the attack as a pretext for war. It's the same BS as with 9/11 all over again

Laura y Bruce Goose: Dos gansos mexicanos completamente enamorados

The Caro Ascendancy--from pusher to legendary tennis goddess

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens
bruce goose is offline  
post #96 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2017, 07:03 PM
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,941
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Unfortunately, there's PLENTY of evidence, such as reports from the independent media that the only sighting that some Syrian citizens have had of the White Helmets was when they were CONFERRING with Daesh-led forces and providing them with supplies and weapons. It's obvious, by now, that Assad is fighting against ISIS/Daesh and not WITH them, so the very fact that they're trying to topple Assad is all the justification that the Brits/Yanks/Saudis need to support that terrorist group.
Look, I do my best to assess your views as objectively as possible but sorry - you simply reiterating that there's lots of evidence doesn't mean squat. And the rest of your post is just strong opinions.

BTW Assad has used gas many times. I don't get the "why would he" tack some are taking. As if they have been privy to long and deep conversations with Assad and know how he thinks. Whatever the state of things has become, the war was started by Assad because he didn't think he could continue to hold power via political means.

"These lifeforms feel such passionate hatreds over matters of custom, God concepts, even - strangely enough - economic systems." - Capt. J Piccard USS Enterprise

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline  
post #97 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2017, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,610
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Look, I do my best to assess your views as objectively as possible but sorry - you simply reiterating that there's lots of evidence doesn't mean squat. And the rest of your post is just strong opinions.

BTW Assad has used gas many times. I don't get the "why would he" tack some are taking. As if they have been privy to long and deep conversations with Assad and know how he thinks. Whatever the state of things has become, the war was started by Assad because he didn't think he could continue to hold power via political means.
Ok, how about the fact that Gen. Wesley Clark consulted with the leaders of the Project for a New America which met in 2000 and compiled a list of countries where they wanted to engineer regime changes. He claims to have personally seen that list, and guess who was on it(?)--Iraq, Lybia and Syria and...of course...Iran. If you honestly accept everything your government and their mainstream media puppets tell you about why they go to war and their alleged justifications for it, then there's no amount of evidence that would ever change your mind.

The idea that Assad would bomb civilian targets which were no threat to him whatsoever and--in the process--offer the West an excuse to attack him, is almost completely insane...and he WAS holding power, with Russia's help, so there was no reason to turn the populace--who TWICE ELECTED HIM--against him. He might not be an angel, but he only "started" the war in response to rebels that your government armed and trained, just as they've done all over Latin America, historically. If you're oblivious to what your government does, then there's nothing more I can say

Laura y Bruce Goose: Dos gansos mexicanos completamente enamorados

The Caro Ascendancy--from pusher to legendary tennis goddess

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens
bruce goose is offline  
post #98 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2017, 03:44 AM
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,941
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Ok, how about the fact that Gen. Wesley Clark consulted with the leaders of the Project for a New America which met in 2000 and compiled a list of countries where they wanted to engineer regime changes. He claims to have personally seen that list, and guess who was on it(?)--Iraq, Lybia and Syria and...of course...Iran. If you honestly accept everything your government and their mainstream media puppets tell you about why they go to war and their alleged justifications for it, then there's no amount of evidence that would ever change your mind:
First of all you've provided no evidence. Second . . what? you made a claim that the US and its allies were funding and training Daesh. I replied that seem fanciful at best and now you're off on a tangent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
The idea that Assad would bomb civilian targets which were no threat to him whatsoever and--in the process--offer the West an excuse to attack him, is almost completely insane...and he WAS holding power, with Russia's help, so there was no reason to turn the populace--who TWICE ELECTED HIM--against him. He might not be an angel, but he only "started" the war in response to rebels that your government armed and trained, just as they've done all over Latin America, historically. If you're oblivious to what your government does, then there's nothing more I can say
First, what's really insane is deluding yourself that you know how/why Assad makes decisions. You, surprisingly to me, are making the all too common mistake of thinking that because something doesn't make sense to you (or most of us) that there aren't those who will do it. By all credible sources -Assad has carried out other chemical attacks.

Second, you're distorting how things started. They started because Assad realized he could no longer hold power by political means. So, just like how the Assads seized power in the first place, he turned to military means.

Third, if you just want to post to yourself then continue with your current approach. As it is I seem to be the only one who cares to discus your posts, but you seem to now be taking a BS approach of responding to a rejection of a specific claim by sweeping generalizations.

"These lifeforms feel such passionate hatreds over matters of custom, God concepts, even - strangely enough - economic systems." - Capt. J Piccard USS Enterprise

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline  
post #99 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2017, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,610
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
First of all you've provided no evidence. Second . . what? you made a claim that the US and its allies were funding and training Daesh. I replied that seem fanciful at best and now you're off on a tangent.


First, what's really insane is deluding yourself that you know how/why Assad makes decisions. You, surprisingly to me, are making the all too common mistake of thinking that because something doesn't make sense to you (or most of us) that there aren't those who will do it. By all credible sources -Assad has carried out other chemical attacks.

Second, you're distorting how things started. They started because Assad realized he could no longer hold power by political means. So, just like how the Assads seized power in the first place, he turned to military means.

Third, if you just want to post to yourself then continue with your current approach. As it is I seem to be the only one who cares to discus your posts, but you seem to now be taking a BS approach of responding to a rejection of a specific claim by sweeping generalizations.
Let me simplify here: First, I made a mistake with the title; it was called the Project for a New American Century, and the conference was held in 2000. There are PLENTIFUL links where you can find what was discussed there, and the key speakers became leaders within the Bush administration within a year. Since then, the puppets(Bush, Obama and Trump) have changed but the banking cabal who funds the war machine and controls everything with their agenda has remained the same.

In sum, the proposals were that the US military would forcibly engineer regime changes by concocting a Pearl Harbor-type incident(DONE; i.e., 9/11) to mobilize public support for war, invasion, or police-state measures. The same strategy would be repeated by various means: training and arming dim-witted patsies to serve as scapegoats for supposedly sweeping terrorist plots(9/11); blaming "the enemy" for what you or your cronies secretly did(the alleged Sarin attack by Assad); arming terroristic thugs and then blaming the sitting government for stifling democracy and free speech when they react accordingly(Yemen and NUMEROUS other occasions over the years); or simply inventing complete hoaxes and feeding lines to mainstream media stooges(Sandy Hook).

The popularly-elected Yemeni government--as opposed to the deposed,Saudi-led puppet regime--was mainly guilty of not being yes-men to the US-UK-KSA imperialist agenda. As for Assad, if you're going to ignore the question of why he would pointlessly attack civilian targets with nerve gas and turn his people against him--when he had been WINNING the fight against Daesh, with Russia's help--then ask yourself why Trump had to strike so rapidly, withOUT getting congressional approval. Could it be because the regime didn't want any investigation of the (likely) BS claims of an Assad-approved Sarin attack? Do a photo search and you'll find pics of White Helmets touching the dead with their bare hands, while wearing normal clothing. Any basic knowledge of sarin will tell you that such action is a surefire death wish. Special protective clothing is needed to ward off sarin, aside from the bare hands insanity. Assad is no angel, but he was twice elected by his own people, and he only had to use military means because of the Daesh thugs that the UK, US and KSA helped organize. If you check out journalist Marwa Osman's reports, you'll hear testimony from her interviews with Syrian citizens, in which they said their only sighting of White Helmets was when they were CONFERRING with and HELPING Daesh forces.

The most pathetic lie from the mainstream media is when they blame Houthis for the starvation issues in Yemen, as if aid workers tried to bring food to the Yemeni people and the Houthis said, "NO! We don't want them to get any food!" There is no excuse whatsoever for the Coalition to deny food and medical supplies to the population with the current blockade. If the media ignores that while self-righteously posturing about human rights elsewher, their blabbering is just pure .

Again, check out the Project for the New American Century; it will truly open your eyes to what's going on in the Middle East and elsewhere

Laura y Bruce Goose: Dos gansos mexicanos completamente enamorados

The Caro Ascendancy--from pusher to legendary tennis goddess

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens
bruce goose is offline  
post #100 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2017, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,610
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Poster "pov" has raised respectful objections to my claim that the US-UK-KSA governments have directly supported ISIS, and my reply--for EVERYONE's contemplation--is that the US intelligence community has already ADMITTED to arming and funding "moderate rebels", supposedly to fight against unfavorable regimes. As everyone has seen,so many of those so-called moderate rebels have turned out to be the same types of thugs you'd find in any al-Qaeda or ISIS cell.

The question is: Do you believe the US-UK alibi that they simply, honestly miscalculated in estimating which rebels were "moderates", or did they realize EXACTLY what they were doing from the get-go? In my view, you have to be extremely naive to give the US/UK/Saudi governments and intelligence corps the benefit of the doubt here. And--if they did it with al-Qaeda--there's no reason to doubt that they've done the same with ISIS...and the Muslim Brotherhood in Yemen.

The openly stated goal in supporting rebels has been to destabilize a government that the Western powers deem unfit, but they don't even give a damn if they have to unleash terrorists or Wahabbist religious extremists to do that. Why not? Because, ultimately--despite their characterization as lunatics incapable of coherent thought--even terrorists and religious fanatics will bow down and 'follow the program' when it comes to their source of arms and funding. That's why there's no concern amongst the US-UK hierarchy about replacing a popularly-elected president with an ISIS,al-Qaeda, or Muslim Brotherhood stooge

Laura y Bruce Goose: Dos gansos mexicanos completamente enamorados

The Caro Ascendancy--from pusher to legendary tennis goddess

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens
bruce goose is offline  
post #101 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2017, 07:56 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,961
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Look, I do my best to assess your views as objectively as possible but sorry - you simply reiterating that there's lots of evidence doesn't mean squat. And the rest of your post is just strong opinions.

BTW Assad has used gas many times. I don't get the "why would he" tack some are taking. As if they have been privy to long and deep conversations with Assad and know how he thinks. Whatever the state of things has become, the war was started by Assad because he didn't think he could continue to hold power via political means.
After they are through with Syria it will be the leaders of Iran and Lebanon (the next ones on the list) that will "kill their own people." And as per usual the masses will fall for the western war propaganda machine and their no hair out of place, thoothpaste smile, smooth talking suits in the media.

It's mindboggling to me that people still accept the explanations of western officialdom. That they still don't get what the game is, although it's been biting them in the nose for over 15 years now.

Of course this latest chemical attack by Assad was a blatant false flag to provide the excuse to keep on bombing away in Syria. I predicted something like this happening on facebook and several other forums when Aleppo was liberated. I said at the time "The US/the west is scared shitless at the idea of peace breaking out in Syria. Expect a false flag to give them the excuse to keep it going."

Any detective will tell you that a crime needs a motive. That's the first question he will ask himself, "Who benefits from the crime?" Assad was in a strong position pre-"chemical attack." He (the Syrian army and Russia) had pushed back isis/al-qaida (which in the western narrative morph into 'moderate rebels' depending on the story the're trying to sell). He had the support of Putin, and Trump, who changes his narrative every five minutes seemed to be ok with him too. In the light of all that it makes no sense (none whatsoever) for Assad to do this. He had nothing to gain.

But who did have something to gain? Isis, al-qaida, the "moderate rebels" and the imperialist/capitalist west that is eager to continue this madness. About two weeks before the "chemical attack" terrorists kidnapped over 200 civilians from two Syrian villages. The victims of the "chemical attack" were people from these 200. You ask for evidence. I'm not in the habit of bookmarking everything I read or watch, and I'm not going to waste my precious time on trying to find back what I already know myself. Do your own research and you will find.

And another thing. Sarin gass is said to be deadly seconds after you come into contact with it. Yet the "rescue workers" were wearing no protective clothing, no gass masks, etc. But it's not necessary. It's obvious by now that the masses will always believe the official line as long as the BBC or CNN is telling it to them.

I hadn't intended to post something like this because I know it will be dismissed and laughed away anyway, so what's the point? You are one of the few with a mind of his/her own. If even people like you buy the official line there's no point in resisting. The military-Industrial complex has won. Congrats to them. They will be our downfall, but that's down to people's own "Yes sir! No sir! Anything you say sir!" mentality.

Chrissie-fan is offline  
post #102 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2017, 11:22 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Hugues Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manosque
Posts: 34,516
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I hadn't intended to post something like this because I know it will be dismissed and laughed away anyway, so what's the point?
I haven't seen anyone laughing so far.
Hugues Daniel is online now  
post #103 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2017, 02:24 PM
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,941
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I hadn't intended to post something like this because I know it will be dismissed and laughed away anyway, so what's the point? You are one of the few with a mind of his/her own. If even people like you buy the official line there's no point in resisting. The military-Industrial complex has won. Congrats to them. They will be our downfall, but that's down to people's own "Yes sir! No sir! Anything you say sir!" mentality.
As I see it, you and @bruce goose continue to make a grievous error. That error is seeming to think that having an open-mind means one will accept the view that you both prefer. It doesn't.

I don't buy the official line. I also don't buy the line you and he offer either. I don't buy any line. What I do is read a variety of sources, none of which IMO have all the facts, and try and extrapolate as best I can what seems closest to actuality. I emphasized seems because of course my conclusions about the situation could be incorrect. And even if they are correct, they're incomplete.

But you two seem to have lost that "could be incorrect/incomplete version" aspect. IOW you are not at the moment having an open-mind. You hold to the versions you deem accurate as (or even more) strongly than do those people who do accept whatever the official story is.

To emphasize the point - in these types of issues once you've convinced yourself that the way you see it is the entirely correct way and that those who see it otherwise are duped fools - you are as suckered as they are. An open-mind means accepting and being okay with the fact that you do not know.

"These lifeforms feel such passionate hatreds over matters of custom, God concepts, even - strangely enough - economic systems." - Capt. J Piccard USS Enterprise

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline  
post #104 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2017, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,610
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
As I see it, you and @bruce goose continue to make a grievous error. That error is seeming to think that having an open-mind means one will accept the view that you both prefer. It doesn't.
But you're dead wrong on that point because I'm simply disagreeing with your stance, NOT telling you to shut up or go away. While I can't speak for Chrissie-fan, my primary point is that you reacted with shock(more specifically, with an emoticon) when I suggested that the US gov't/intelligence cadre was helping ISIS. In return, I offered you proof that the US has ADMITTED to supporting "moderate rebels", a VERY dubious claim unless someone is naive enough to believe that US agents just blindly trusted--funding and arming--in the good nature of militants without checking their background at all. Then we have the "co-incidence" that ISIS always shows up(WITH UK or US weaponry) whenever there's a military maneuever against Assad. Then I informed you of how reporter Marwa Osman relates MANY interviews with Syrian citizens that their only sighting of White Helmets was when they were HELPING Daesh forces. Perhaps Chrissie-fan suspects, as I do, that you simply haven't researched into these issues as deeply as he and I have(You might be busy with work and/or studies and don't always have time to look into the Middle East).That's NOT intended to shut you up or deny you the right to express yourself.

As for Yemen, the reportage has been an absolute joke; they had a president, Abdullah Saleh, who served for over 30 years and made himself filthy rich in similar fashion to what the Shah of Iran did. When he was ousted by the people, the UN resolution held an election WITH ONE CANDIDATE, the vice-president(named Hadi) who served at the end of Saleh's regime and enriched himself by taking bribes from the Saudis. Near the end of Saleh's run, the Yemeni congress tried to outlaw marriage between adults and children, but the measure was undercut by the Saudi-backed, Muslim Brotherhood-led opposition party that condones grown men having preteen wives and girlfriends so, naturally, the Saudi-supported sex-slave trade only flourished. Now, there are many stooges in the corporate mainstream media who pretend that it was "terrorists" who ousted the puppet Hadi and sent him on his way to Riyadh where he belongs

Laura y Bruce Goose: Dos gansos mexicanos completamente enamorados

The Caro Ascendancy--from pusher to legendary tennis goddess

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens
bruce goose is offline  
post #105 of 243 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2017, 04:12 PM
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,941
                     
Re: al-Qaeda Sex Slave Trade in Yemen: UK and US Media Maintain Cowardly Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
But you're dead wrong on that point because I'm simply disagreeing with your stance, NOT telling you to shut up or go away. While I can't speak for Chrissie-fan, my primary point is that you reacted with shock(more specifically, with an emoticon) when I suggested that the US gov't/intelligence cadre was helping ISIS.
I'm always perplexed when I post one thing and the response seems to reference something else. I don't think nor do I state anything near to either of you two wanting me to "shut and go away." Though some other posters do. But yeah that never even crossed my mind so I don't get how you got on that tack.

My post was about what is meant by the term "open-minded". My point is that it doesn't mean "strongly believe all non-official info" any more than it means "strongly believe all official info." It means "willing to look at and assess without becoming emotionally or even logically attached to one prevailing viewpoint."

Yes, I do see the claim that the US is training and funding Daesh as silly. And no, you have not provided any strong evidence much less proof. Mentioning the well-known, very public and (I think) Congress approved funding of rebel factions as "evidence" makes the claim even less credible. It's as if you're claiming that all the rebel factions in Syria are Daesh. And that the US government knows that and is still publicly funding them. Sorry but to me that's ridiculous.

"These lifeforms feel such passionate hatreds over matters of custom, God concepts, even - strangely enough - economic systems." - Capt. J Piccard USS Enterprise

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
pov is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome