- Gauff breaking through at Wimbledon receiving the most amount of newcomer press coverage since the Dokic / Kournikova days.
- Andreescu winning the USO having been a virtually unknown player 12 months prior
- Serena reaching 2 consecutive slam finals, at this stage in her career and playing a limited schedule is truly remarkable
On a lower level:
- Riske’s amazing grass court season winning Hertogenbosch & reaching Wimbledon quarterfinal
- Gauff winning her maiden WTA title at 15 years of age
- Ostapenko’s mini resurgence during the end part of indoors fall season
Although she hasn't yet played WTA, my other favourite moment would be Maja Chwalinska completing the "Polish Slam" of three ITF tournaments, topping that off by winning both the singles and doubles in Warsaw.
A teenager winning her first slam was really cool but so was Osaka winning a second slam right in a row. Toss-up for me between those two moments. I think Andreescu's finale performance was awesome though - I was on the edge of my seat.
Ash winning RG was surreal, never thought it would happen. I was traveling in Europe at the time and with each win I thought surely not. The rest of the year was great too but more expected after her slam win.
Halep destroying Serena in the Wimbledon final. Sure, Serena was also well beaten by Andreescu in the US Open final, but I was actually confident Andreescu would win that match. I though Halep would lose that Wimbledon final, but she was amazing.