What's with Bianca Andreescu? - TennisForum.com
 20Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Porto
Posts: 446
                     
What's with Bianca Andreescu?

What's happening with this young Canadian?
lima isai is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 10:18 PM
Senior Member
 
MalJackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,086
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lima isai View Post
what's happening with this young canadian?


Tsitsipas & Sakkari outed by spiceboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Both are cute and both are gay. Kinda sad to see this these days but that's their choice (or their PR teams' probably).
MalJackson is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 10:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Djo-Coeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: 33°59'16.56"N 119°01'50"W
Posts: 7,686
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lima isai View Post
What's happening with this young Canadian?
She'll be fine. They are just very careful that she doesn't come back too early. Their #1 priority is to play the Rogers Cup (hopefully) for her match scheduled for the 6th of August, 3 weeks from now. Perhaps she won't play in Washington as preparation.
She only had a muscle tear in her shoulder, but it needed some precious time to heal. They think she shouldn't have recurring issues with it. She'll surely be rusty at the Rogers Cup if she has to skip Washington though.
Itar, ziggy2shus3 and lima isai like this.

.
***Have a look at Igrecman's Satirical WTA Tennis Photoshops. That is so disrespectful
***Colorizations from old Black & White photos HERE
***American and Canadian Idols Photoshops (old) HERE
***Various Igrecman Photoshops HERE
Djo-Coeur is offline  
 
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Bagelstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Bagelonia
Posts: 503
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djo-Coeur View Post
She'll be fine. They are just very careful that she doesn't come back too early. Their #1 priority is to play the Rogers Cup (hopefully) for her match scheduled for the 6th of August, 3 weeks from now. Perhaps she won't play in Washington as preparation.
She only had a muscle tear in her shoulder, but it needed some precious time to heal. They think she shouldn't have recurring issues with it. She'll surely be rusty at the Rogers Cup if she has to skip Washington though.
She has to be back in Toronto!
Bagelstick is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 10:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Djo-Coeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: 33°59'16.56"N 119°01'50"W
Posts: 7,686
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagelstick View Post
She has to be back in Toronto!
She will or it would be a financial disaster, because every year Toronto's attendance with the women is disappointing. With Bianca this year they have an opportunity to make it a big success if she wins a few matches at least. Fingers crossed
Itar and lima isai like this.

.
***Have a look at Igrecman's Satirical WTA Tennis Photoshops. That is so disrespectful
***Colorizations from old Black & White photos HERE
***American and Canadian Idols Photoshops (old) HERE
***Various Igrecman Photoshops HERE
Djo-Coeur is offline  
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 10:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,423
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djo-Coeur View Post
She will or it would be a financial disaster, because every year Toronto's attendance with the women is disappointing. With Bianca this year they have an opportunity to make it a big success if she wins a few matches at least. Fingers crossed
I was there in 2015 (when Bencic won) when Genie was still looking like she had a promising future, and the place was packed the entire tournament... Only Sharapova and Giorgi were missing from eligible players from the tournament...

If Bianca is able to make it this year, I suspect the tournament will be packed again 🤔
Honalee is offline  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 11:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,210
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djo-Coeur View Post
She'll be fine. They are just very careful that she doesn't come back too early.

If only they had been equally careful about not letting her get hurt in the first place. Andreescu sacrificed half the '019 season (the more important half) just to play Miami. It seems like her people got greedy trying to capitalize on the publicity from the IW win.
desik likes this.
vogus_emeritus is online now  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 11:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 573
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Seems like another young modern player more interested in social media than tennis, could you imagine the likes of Graf or Henin wasting their time conveying an image/building up a following on this nonsense. Players today much more interested in being instagram stars or 'influencer's, give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemartinas View Post
First match back following a double grand slam and major coaching drama can be tricky, but Naomi manages to get probably the easiest second round match humanly possible in Dubai (Kiki Maldenovic). Naomi has to thank the Dubai organizers for granting a wild card to Fatma Al Nabhani in the main draw, which enabled Kiki to actually post a win in a WTA singles event. This is great for Naomi, Kiki, and Al Nabhani (who should really be contesting club matches against Alexandra Stevenson), so everybody wins!
Mladenovic wins 63 63
Sliding Clayer is online now  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 11:15 PM
Senior Member
 
wolf79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: savage summits
Posts: 22,358
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

sucks for her injury, but tbh she always rubbed me the wrong way for being just so trashy, entitled and arrogant.
maybe a blessing in disguise if she got some reality check early, she def could be great in the future.
d_b_prince likes this.


You're like the Ocean and I'm desperate to drown.


forever Clexa
wolf79 is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 11:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Rogue.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4,336
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliding Clayer View Post
Seems like another young modern player more interested in social media than tennis, could you imagine the likes of Graf or Henin wasting their time conveying an image/building up a following on this nonsense. Players today much more interested in being instagram stars or 'influencer's, give me a break.
Projecting much?

Dopa, Muck & Osucka.
Rogue. is offline  
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,423
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogus_emeritus View Post
If only they had been equally careful about not letting her get hurt in the first place. Andreescu sacrificed half the '019 season (the more important half) just to play Miami. It seems like her people got greedy trying to capitalize on the publicity from the IW win.
I felt for sure watching the whole Kerber match that she would have given a walkover after that win... If nothing more comes of the injury at least fans had that rematch the following week...

She also had to play 3 straight days after a cancelled night match... None of it added up to good news... Hoping she figures out how to stay healthy and active on tour for a whole season at a time...
Honalee is offline  
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Djo-Coeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: 33°59'16.56"N 119°01'50"W
Posts: 7,686
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogus_emeritus View Post
If only they had been equally careful about not letting her get hurt in the first place. Andreescu sacrificed half the '019 season (the more important half) just to play Miami. It seems like her people got greedy trying to capitalize on the publicity from the IW win.
Perhaps she insisted on playing in Miami because her parents made the trip from Toronto especially to see her play and they missed Indian Wells unfortunately for them.

.
***Have a look at Igrecman's Satirical WTA Tennis Photoshops. That is so disrespectful
***Colorizations from old Black & White photos HERE
***American and Canadian Idols Photoshops (old) HERE
***Various Igrecman Photoshops HERE
Djo-Coeur is offline  
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 11:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 573
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue. View Post
Projecting much?

I'm neither famous or a social media time waster, so no.
Juju Nostalgique likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemartinas View Post
First match back following a double grand slam and major coaching drama can be tricky, but Naomi manages to get probably the easiest second round match humanly possible in Dubai (Kiki Maldenovic). Naomi has to thank the Dubai organizers for granting a wild card to Fatma Al Nabhani in the main draw, which enabled Kiki to actually post a win in a WTA singles event. This is great for Naomi, Kiki, and Al Nabhani (who should really be contesting club matches against Alexandra Stevenson), so everybody wins!
Mladenovic wins 63 63
Sliding Clayer is online now  
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 11:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,423
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf79 View Post
sucks for her injury, but tbh she always rubbed me the wrong way for being just so trashy, entitled and arrogant.
maybe a blessing in disguise if she got some reality check early, she def could be great in the future.
Don’t mistake being confident, well spoken, and poise, for being trashy... She’s nothing of the sort.
Honalee is offline  
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2019, 11:35 PM
Senior Member
 
wolf79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: savage summits
Posts: 22,358
                     
Re: What's with Bianca Andreescu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honalee View Post
Don’t mistake being confident, well spoken, and poise, for being trashy... She’s nothing of the sort.
another stan not capable to take the truth. remember the match against venus were her true colors showed?
Perun and d_b_prince like this.


You're like the Ocean and I'm desperate to drown.


forever Clexa
wolf79 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome