Rome R3: [4]Pliskova def. Kenin 4-6 6-4 6-3 - TennisForum.com
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By HistoryOfBanana
  • 1 Post By asMischa
  • 1 Post By ItaliaStalia
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
HistoryOfBanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Žatec/Plzeň
Posts: 932
                     
Rome R3: [4]Pliskova def. Kenin 4-6 6-4 6-3

Ugly win, Karo was asleep for a set and half, thankfully she woke just in time. Need to be much better next round.
Stefberg likes this.
HistoryOfBanana is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
 
asMischa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 2,753
                     
Re: Rome R3: [4]Pliskova def. Kenin 4-6 6-4 6-3

The first set and a half was pure torture. I was almost getting ready to disown her for losing to Kenin of all people to be honest

But once she cleaned her game up, she was definitely the better player on the court Obviously she's still not 100%, but a win is a win.
Stefberg likes this.

Anett Kontaveit ; Karo Plíšková ; Markéta Vondroušová ; Naomi Osaka ; Daria Kasatkina
Siniaková/Krejčíková: Roland Garros & Wimbledon doubles champions, first pair in 15y with channel double, and to win both junior&adult Wimby title
#CanKatkaWinMoreThanJustOneSinglesMatchAtTournamen tsIn2019
asMischa is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,392
                     
Re: Rome R3: [4]Pliskova def. Kenin 4-6 6-4 6-3

It would almost be better, if she either 100% didn´t give a fuck for a full match and then other days be 100% invested and focused for full matches. That´s how somebody like Muguruza snatched two majors. Meanwhile Pliskova always goes through horrendous stretches of 15-60 minutes in every match, where it just seems the result does not matter to her, before she gets it together and starts fighting again. But eventually there is always one player that will take advantage of these mental walkabouts. I´d really love to see Bajin work with Pliskova.

I am not a fan of the direction a lot of Maria threads have taken over the last 12 months.
The undertone is very disappointing, aggressive and the comments are sometimes rude to a player just trying to earn a living, playing her hardest and having a good amount of success given her god given, natural talents.
You made the list: NEW President Bouchard, Cibulkova, Mladenovic, Wozniacki, Kerber, Cornet, Watson, Broady.
Please note this is a signature about Tatjana Maria
Patrick345 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 06:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,135
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
It would almost be better, if she either 100% didn´t give a fuck for a full match and then other days be 100% invested and focused for full matches. That´s how somebody like Muguruza snatched two majors. Meanwhile Pliskova always goes through horrendous stretches of 15-60 minutes in every match, where it just seems the result does not matter to her, before she gets it together and starts fighting again. But eventually there is always one player that will take advantage of these mental walkabouts. I´d really love to see Bajin work with Pliskova. <img src="https://www.tennisforum.com/images/smilies/sad.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Sad" class="inlineimg" />
I doubt he could help her, her game isnt the problem, its her mentality. I think stubbs is still the best coach for her. Stubbs has openly said that pliskova is very negative and let things get to her easily.
dencod18 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 07:02 PM
Senior Member
 
ItaliaStalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,206
                     
Re: Rome R3: [4]Pliskova def. Kenin 4-6 6-4 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asMischa View Post
The first set and a half was pure torture. I was almost getting ready to disown her for losing to Kenin of all people to be honest

But once she cleaned her game up, she was definitely the better player on the court Obviously she's still not 100%, but a win is a win.
Really? STFU! The girl is Top 25 in the Race, there could be plenty of much worse losses...
MiggtheBino likes this.

Proud supporter of my American girls
ItaliaStalia is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2019, 07:38 PM
Senior Member
 
asMischa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 2,753
                     
Re: Rome R3: [4]Pliskova def. Kenin 4-6 6-4 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItaliaStalia View Post
Really? STFU! The girl is Top 25 in the Race, there could be plenty of much worse losses...
lol, listen, people here are insulting Karo left and right, if I had to get mad at every post, I'd be doing nothing else on this forum. I just don't like her, so I didn't want KaPlis to lose to her, plain and simple.

Anett Kontaveit ; Karo Plíšková ; Markéta Vondroušová ; Naomi Osaka ; Daria Kasatkina
Siniaková/Krejčíková: Roland Garros & Wimbledon doubles champions, first pair in 15y with channel double, and to win both junior&adult Wimby title
#CanKatkaWinMoreThanJustOneSinglesMatchAtTournamen tsIn2019
asMischa is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2019, 06:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Bonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,962
                     
Re: Rome R3: [4]Pliskova def. Kenin 4-6 6-4 6-3

Bonk is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome