MJMS and Klepac Split Up - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2019, 11:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,921
                     
Re: MJMS and Klepac Split Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeh37 View Post
I though both may consider retiring. But having checked Klepac is only 33 and MJMS 36.

Makarova could be a good fill in for one of them when she returns. Although I think her and Vesnina will partner up again eyeing up Tokyo Olympics if Elena comes back.

Dabrowski needs to ditch Xu ASAP so this might inspire that.
Whoah hold your horses, the evidence would not support your decision. Dabrowski/Xu are still regularly winning matches at the big tournaments as a top doubles team.

Dabrowski/Xu recently made the SF in Indian Wells and QF in Miami, only losing to the most in-form doubles team on the tour at the moment - powerhouse Sabalenka/Mertens. In 2018 they finished the year at the WTA championships - they made the SFof Wimbledon, QF of the Australian Open, Final of Beijing. They won Doha, Sydney and Eastbourne ...these are not poor results!

If Dabrowski/Xu keep making QF and SF of Grandslams and Premier Mandatory Tournaments, and pick up a few titles each year.... I see no reason why they would break up the partnership right now. Again, their Indian Wells and Miami result were not bad losses.
Luca Van Diesel likes this.

Last edited by V.Melb; Mar 30th, 2019 at 01:48 AM.
V.Melb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2019, 01:47 AM
Moderator - Juniors
 
Randy H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 13,255
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Melb View Post
Whoah hold your horses, the evidence would not support your decision. Dabrowski/Xu are still regularly winning matches at the big tournaments as a top doubles team.

Dabrowski/Xu recently made the SF in Indian Wells and QF in Miami, only losing to the most in-form doubles team on the tour at the moment - powerhouse Sabalenka/Mertens. In 2018 they finished the year at the WTA championships - they made the Final of Wimbledon, QF of the Australian Open, Final of Beijing. They won Doha, Sydney and Eastbourne ...these are not poor results!

If Dabrowski/Xu keep making QF and SF of Grandslams and Premier Mandatory Tournaments, and pick up a few titles each year.... I see no reason why they would break up the partnership right now. Again, their Indian Wells and Miami result were not bad losses.
Was a slam semifinal but I see your point - in my opinion if they are going to split it needs to be for an upgrade not what I would consider at best a lateral trade in someone like Klepac/MJMS (not to disrespect MJMS who at her best has had some stellar results herself). Dabrowski played with MJMS and they were an average team making 3rd rounds at slams and winning the occasional international event. If Gaby is going to ditch Xu it needs to be because she believes another partnership will earn her grand slams at this point in her career.
Mateo Mathieu and joeh37 like this.
Randy H is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2019, 01:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,921
                     
Re: MJMS and Klepac Split Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy H View Post
Was a slam semifinal but I see your point - in my opinion if they are going to split it needs to be for an upgrade not what I would consider at best a lateral trade in someone like Klepac/MJMS (not to disrespect MJMS who at her best has had some stellar results herself). Dabrowski played with MJMS and they were an average team making 3rd rounds at slams and winning the occasional international event. If Gaby is going to ditch Xu it needs to be because she believes another partnership will earn her grand slams at this point in her career.
Thanks, I corrected my post and I totally agree with your point.
V.Melb is offline  
 
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2019, 03:05 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 8
 
Who Will be MJMS next partner??

Someone knows??
Andreslopez1985 is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2019, 08:49 PM
Senior Member
 
spiceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 53,221
                     
Re: MJMS and Klepac Split Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreslopez1985 View Post
Who Will be MJMS next partner??

Someone knows??
She has signed up with Sorribes Tormo in Stuttgart

But I, being poor, have only my dreams
I have spread my dreams under your feet
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
spiceboy is offline  
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2019, 09:40 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 8
 
Sorribes Tormo? WTF? :
Andreslopez1985 is offline  
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2019, 09:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,596
                     
Re: MJMS and Klepac Split Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreslopez1985 View Post
Sorribes Tormo? WTF? :
Sorribes Tormo is a better doubles player than she is credited for.
However Iím not sure she would be a good fit to MJMS.
Javi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome