TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 3rd ANUAL ROYAL COURT AWARDS (coming soon)...
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2007, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
country flag Sir Stefwhit

3rd ANUAL ROYAL COURT AWARDS (coming soon)...

Our 3rd Annual Royal Court Awards are NOW officially underway. Remember the winners of the 3 fan favorite awards will all win a custom made Venus and or Serena T-shirt. The first year of the awards we had 70% of all members participate in at least one phase of voting. Hopefully we can get another strong response this time around too. The rules are stated below and if you have any further questions use this thread to communicate with me.

Please only send PM's if your are sending your votes. (don't cast any votes in this thread)

Categories:
Most Supportive Serena fan- (This individual goes over and beyond in setting the record straight. you can find this member on the GM boards fighting through all the constant bull aimed toward Serena.)

Most Supportive Venus fan- (This individual goes over and beyond in setting the record straight. you can find this member on the GM boards making Venus and her fans proud.)

Most Supportive Williams Sister fan- (this individual goes over and beyond in setting the record straight. you can find this member on the GM boards fighting all the misconceptions, lies, and hatred aimed toward both Venus and Serena.)

The "Highly Valued" Award- (This award goes to any member you want for any personal reason you may have. The nominees will consist of posters who you hold in high regards for any reasons you deem worthy. Comments are really encouraged for this particular.)

The "SUNSHINE" Award- (This award goes to the members you feel does a good job of lifting everyone's spirits. It could be a post, a comment, or perhaps a word of encouragement- anything that adds to your experience on these boards being a venus / serena fan)

The "Humanitarian" Award- (This award is designed to say thank you to those members who are always willing lend a helping hand. providing avatars, posting links, providing pictures, creating new Williams forums, etc.. These individuals are always on top of things.)

The "Philosophical" Decree- (This award is given to those posters who often use a lot of thought and analytical reasoning when passionately posting about Venus and or Serena. These are the posters that will point out inconsistencies and contradictions and put the haters in their place". They do a great job of articulating their thoughts which positively impact Venus and or Serena on this online forum.)

"Freshman" Award- (This award goes to your favorite poster who has a join date of 2006- 2007)

"Old-timer" Award- (This award goes to your favorite posterl who has a join date of 2005 or earlier)

The "Spirit" Award- (This award is given to those posters who have a knack for lightheartedness, and constantly keep things fun. These posters have a good attitude a great sense of humor, and always help in keeping things from ever being too serious. Cheer up, it's only tennis!)

Special Shout-Out Award- (this is the only award given to any NON-MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT. these nominees might be fans of other players, or may be hardcore Williams fans who aren't part of The Royal Court. Through their interactions with Royal Court members they are courteous and respectful and appreciate Venus, Serena, and their fans.)

PHASE 1 of Voting:
You can nominate up to two Royal Court members per category during this phase.
During this phase you can not nominate yourself.
You don't have to nominate someone for every category and you don't have to nominate two people.
All your votes remain anonymous.
Comments are encouraged and will be shared, just the comment though, and not the poster who said it.
Simply send me a PM before the deadline and you're done with phase one.

PHASE 2 of Voting:
You can not send votes until Phase 2 actually starts.
You MAY vote for yourself in this last phase of voting.
Only one vote per category during this phase.
All votes remain anonymous.

Awards Ceremony:
On November 5th I'll post the award winners here in this thread.
Please allow up to two months to receive your winning prize.

The First Year Winners Were (2005):
Most Supportive Serena Fan: Justin
Most Supportive Venus Fan: Kabuki
Most Supportive Williams Sister's fan: Denise4925
The Sunshine Award: thelittlestelf
The Humanitarian Award: Craig_Serenafan
The Phillosphical Decree: Sir Stefwhit
Freshman Award: Static Beef
Old-Timer Award: SJW
Spirit Award: Becool
The Highly Valued Member Award: Rocketta

Deadlines:
Phase One- the nominations (October 11th- October 20th)
Phase Two- the final votes (October 22nd- November 1st)
Awards Ceremony- November 5th

Last year I wasn't able to put aside the needed time it took to put together the awards so Craig took over. This year I've got a more friendlier schedule so if you guys are still interested I'll be glad to oversee them again.

The 2005 Royal Court Winners recieved their choice of one of the following two gifts for winning:

This year THREE winners will recieve a custom made T-Shirt. Since they'll be custom made you will have input on the shirts design. Here are a couple of shirts I've done for myself to give you an idea of how they'll look:

Here's a listing of the most up to date Royal Court roster sheet:

SJW
Rokkstarr
Bandabou
Denise4925
BrickhouseSupporter
Machu Picchu
Bajangurl
Cam'ron Giles
Rocketta
DivaMonicaSeles
Eta Psi
Harloo
Mrs. Peel
Bamboo Dragon
Knizzle
Sydnil
Ho' Down
kabuke
Sir Stefwhit
mentos
mmcdonald
dreamgoddess099
darrinbaker00
BK4Ever
sunrise
vs1
Pure Racket
Mr. Man
geoepee
BeCool
ReeVeeDynasty
LindsayRocks89
Jedi Master
Static Beef
raquel
Justin.
AvidMerrion
RenaSlam58
vettipooh
PaulieM
Appassionata
Point Blank
cartmancop
anniflava
2sistersfan
Jigglypuff
honey_b_fly_15
Jericho
xr6turbo
Tom Tennis
Andy_
Serena!
woodsy_serenafan
Rightous
Dasha_yu
Serenafan08
Silverwhite
Hail-Venus
VeeReeFan
No Name Face
Cabowabbo77
tucker1989
Bright Red
Miching Mallecho
Jumpman23
Tennis Junky
VenusSerenaRocks
K-dog
vwrules
VenusFan4EvEr
!!!- Dz - !!!
Oizo
Jedem

STEFWHIT'S HALL OF FAME
Greatest Singles Player of All Time: Steffi Graf
Simply the BEST: Serena Williams [Proud MEMBER OF RENA'S ARMY]
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro

Last edited by Sir Stefwhit; Oct 23rd, 2007 at 01:37 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome