Rodriguez : "I thought Kim would win RG" - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 2005, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,247
                     
Rodriguez : "I thought Kim would win RG"

That's what Carlos Rodriguez said 2 days ago on belgian television.

He didn't say it that way, but a journalist asked him if he was surprised seeing Kim lost against Davenport.
-" You thought she would have reached the final?"
-" I thought she would have done a lot better than making the final"

I thought this could interest some people here.
Kim's slam will come, dont worry about it.
minboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,616
                     
Hmmm, that comment indeed surprises me.

But it's pretty cool and sportive he said that! I guess he knows better than most people what it takes for a player to win a Slam

I hope he's right! Kim will get a lot more chances to do well in Slams, and she's a favourite/contender in all of them. Only thing is that I won't put my hopes up too high, because I know it will be VERY tough. Good luck at Wimbledon Kim! I'm over your loss to Lindsay now
manu is offline  
post #3 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Senior Member
 
fifiricci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cymru
Posts: 8,570
                     
At worst this is a stupid troll post. At best it is a piece of moronic patronising. Some Juju fans know no depths.

Oh: and by the way "sportive" is not an english word. You mean "sporting". You can have that English lesson for free ..

Patiently waiting to join the silver surfers

Last edited by fifiricci; Jun 5th, 2005 at 12:12 AM.
fifiricci is offline  
 
post #4 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,247
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiricci
At worst this is a stupid troll post. At best it is a piece of moronic patronising. Some Juju fans know no depths.

Oh: and by the way "sportive" is not an english word. You mean "sporting". You can have that English lesson for free ..


I'm really sorry for the encouragement. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut, and wish Kim never wins anything again

Please, clever Kim fans, tell me you're not all like Fifiricci!
minboy is offline  
post #5 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,461
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiricci
At worst this is a stupid troll post. At best it is a piece of moronic patronising. Some Juju fans know no depths.

Oh: and by the way "sportive" is not an english word. You mean "sporting". You can have that English lesson for free ..
Fifi, why the hell do you have that negative attitude towards Juju or anything related to her??? I don't see anything wrong with Minboy's post (even if we had our disagreements ). And it's not because you don't like her that most people here won't support Juju ... Juju's coach made a nice comment about Kim, can't we jut take it as it is without seeing anything nasty in it?
When it comes to the "sportive" lessons, it's a word that exists in other languages (including french) so no point being so sarcastic when there are so many people on this board who are not native english speakers

Feminism is the radical idea that women are people!
L'hymne des femmes
Yasmine is offline  
post #6 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 08:44 AM
The Trooper
 
Juju #1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: At the Top
Posts: 1,081
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing_queen
Fifi, why the hell do you have that negative attitude towards Juju or anything related to her??? I don't see anything wrong with Minboy's post (even if we had our disagreements ). And it's not because you don't like her that most people here won't support Juju ... Juju's coach made a nice comment about Kim, can't we jut take it as it is without seeing anything nasty in it?
When it comes to the "sportive" lessons, it's a word that exists in other languages (including french) so no point being so sarcastic when there are so many people on this board who are not native english speakers

Your dear Fifi is responsible for my hate towards Kim. It's stupid, but I wish Kim never win a GS just b/c of Fifiricci
Juju #1 is offline  
post #7 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Senior Member
 
fifiricci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cymru
Posts: 8,570
                     
Yas, if you are happy to be patronised by the Justeenies that's fine by me. You do things your way and I'll do things my way, okay? And lets see how often these three Justine fans come here to express support for Kim. Don't you think its the taddest bit strange that we've hardly or never heard from them until yesterday and then, oop la, they start a thread, not about any kind of Kim success but about a patronising comment made by her biggest rival's coach? I don't recall seeing any of these people in here when Kim won Miami and Nasdaq back to back. Or did they become interested in Kim for the first time on Saturday 4 June 2005, after a match that Kim wasn't even involved in?

And if Carlos did say that, he's talking through his arse and has let himself down and thats a shame because he's worked wonders with Juju. If he'd watched more than 5 minutes of Kim playing on clay this season he would hav seen that she was very unlikely to win anything, lets face it! Kim publically stated that she had no ambition or possibility to win RG because of her injury, so he was probably being patronising too.

Patiently waiting to join the silver surfers
fifiricci is offline  
post #8 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 09:38 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 7,971
                     
How mature of you Justine #1 ..... (in case you didn't know I'm being sarcastic)
~|Naomi|~ is offline  
post #9 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Mon.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 20,092
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justine #1
Your dear Fifi is responsible for my hate towards Kim. It's stupid, but I wish Kim never win a GS just b/c of Fifiricci
OK, seriously, that's just sad. If one person changes your whole opinion about Kim, someone who you have never met, only saw posts of her here, then there is something wrong with you. That's just really, really sad if you let an opinion of someone unknown get to you like that, pathetic You obvliously don't know how things work here. So why don't you just go back to the JHH thread, celebrate her RG victory and continue to feel hate towards Kim and stop bugging us with that pathetic crap

Ow, and I can't agree more with Fi. I never liked Rodriguez and if he indeed said that, then that's just sad. Kim was slightly injured and Kim didn't play great on clay this year and if he had taken one good look at the Davenport match, then he would know that Kim was far from being ready to win Roland Garros this year. So it may seem like he was giving her a compliment, but what he said is far from the reality and this just feels more like a stab in the back.

november 2nd Muse - Awesomeness
november 3rd Arctic Monkeys - Good stuff and so were The Eagles of Death Metal!
november 7th Editors - Incredible
december 3rd Placebo - Good shit
february 24th Lifehouse
march 5th Claudia de Breij
Mon. is offline  
post #10 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,616
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiricci
At worst this is a stupid troll post. At best it is a piece of moronic patronising. Some Juju fans know no depths.

Oh: and by the way "sportive" is not an english word. You mean "sporting". You can have that English lesson for free ..
Hey fifi. In the first place, I'm a Kim fan above anything else. That's why I was so disappointed with her result at the FO in the first place.

Whatever you say, this is a "sporting" comment by Rodríguez. Justine has also recently said that Kim's time to win a Slam would come, and that was before Roland Garros. These are respectful words towards Kim, nothing more, nothing less. The same can be said about the original post of this thread. If you feel the need to be negative about this, I don't mind. I see positives in this comment and that's what counts for me.

Thanks for the lesson BTW. Anything else you can teach me?
manu is offline  
post #11 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,247
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiricci
. Don't you think its the taddest bit strange that we've hardly or never heard from them until yesterday and then, oop la, they start a thread, not about any kind of Kim success but about a patronising comment made by her biggest rival's coach? I don't recall seeing any of these people in here when Kim won Miami and Nasdaq back to back. .
Posted on April 1st 12:51 PM, in the Live Scores thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by minboy
Hi all of you.
I'm just coming by to say that, despite being a Justine fan ( don't shoot me for that) , I've been cheering for Kim all the way since her comeback, and wish her the best of luck in the final. Bye
minboy is offline  
post #12 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Mon.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 20,092
                     
^OK, that's cool and I read what you said at the bottom of your post at the beginning of this thread and that was also nice But this thread just fell wrong with some people (including me, since I don't like to see the name Carlos Rodriguez in this lounge) and it's not that it's really bad that this thread is here, but more about what he said. I explained in my previous post why I think it was kinda lame for him to say that, so I'll just leave it at that.

november 2nd Muse - Awesomeness
november 3rd Arctic Monkeys - Good stuff and so were The Eagles of Death Metal!
november 7th Editors - Incredible
december 3rd Placebo - Good shit
february 24th Lifehouse
march 5th Claudia de Breij
Mon. is offline  
post #13 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,461
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifiricci
Yas, if you are happy to be patronised by the Justeenies that's fine by me. You do things your way and I'll do things my way, okay? And lets see how often these three Justine fans come here to express support for Kim. Don't you think its the taddest bit strange that we've hardly or never heard from them until yesterday and then, oop la, they start a thread, not about any kind of Kim success but about a patronising comment made by her biggest rival's coach? I don't recall seeing any of these people in here when Kim won Miami and Nasdaq back to back. Or did they become interested in Kim for the first time on Saturday 4 June 2005, after a match that Kim wasn't even involved in?
Fiona you're right but I think there is no point being nasty. Patronising? I don't find it patronising, I think you're taking things far too seriously. I prefer to see it in a nice way rather than attacking people. It's not because some Juju fans are not nice (as they probably are some not nice kim fans) that we need to act that way. If Minboy meant sarcasm by this thread well that's stupid, but honestly I don't care. I've read nice things about Kim from Juju fans and in the same way some of Kim fans like Juju, and most of us respect her for the player she is. I'ld rather remember the nice things people say than trying to find a behind story that they meant it nastily, call me naive if you want but I'ld rather keep the good things.

Quote:
And if Carlos did say that, he's talking through his arse and has let himself down and thats a shame because he's worked wonders with Juju. If he'd watched more than 5 minutes of Kim playing on clay this season he would hav seen that she was very unlikely to win anything, lets face it!
No Kim didn't have any chance given the way she played I agree once more, but why are you taking the bad things out of what everyone says? Or maybe it's me being too nice, and I do my best to take the positives out of what people say rather than seeing the bad everywhere. It's tennis we're talking about at the end of the day, not a question of life or death.

Feminism is the radical idea that women are people!
L'hymne des femmes

Last edited by dancing_queen; Jun 5th, 2005 at 12:36 PM.
Yasmine is offline  
post #14 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Somewhere over the rainbow.
 
Yasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Paris
Posts: 45,461
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justine #1
Your dear Fifi is responsible for my hate towards Kim. It's stupid, but I wish Kim never win a GS just b/c of Fifiricci
I respect your opinion but I have to agree with what people say here that it's a bit silly reaction . Although I admit that sometimes the fuss made around a player is enough to make me not like him/her, but you can't judge a player by one fan that you don't get on with, especially as someone pointed out, that you've never met or spoken to...

Feminism is the radical idea that women are people!
L'hymne des femmes
Yasmine is offline  
post #15 of 207 (permalink) Old Jun 5th, 2005, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,247
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKong
Ow, and I can't agree more with Fi. I never liked Rodriguez and if he indeed said that, then that's just sad. Kim was slightly injured and Kim didn't play great on clay this year and if he had taken one good look at the Davenport match, then he would know that Kim was far from being ready to win Roland Garros this year. So it may seem like he was giving her a compliment, but what he said is far from the reality and this just feels more like a stab in the back.
Whatever

Seems like Rodriguez believes in Kim's chances more than her own fans

*reminder : keep out of CCLounge next time*
minboy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome