Originally Posted by Brαm
I'll vote when the main draw is out
the more careful approach! (for once you can, next tournament I won't give a chance anymore
Nah, I don't know yet either, but my assumption so far is that she should be in the QFs though. If I'm correct, than this would mean one win.
I know, I'm very careful
, but then, we know zero about how she's going to adapt to a real tournament again, after these months of enforced resting.
I'm considering on the up side that:
- she's very hungry again
- she's always even more on fire when playing for a home crowd
- moreover, the combination of these points might be an extra + even more
- she's been training hard, and even might have made some improvements in her game (think of the interview with her coach)
- she's rested while the rest of the top players (quite some for a tier 3 btw) are probably not entirely so
On the down side:
- she's soooo out of match rhythm, the rhythm she needs so badly for her game
- isn't she going to fire all in her first match due to her hunger, risking to be out of steam by the final?
- how uncertain is she going to be on court by the lack of match experience lately?
- how is she going to deal with the pressure again (from herself because she wants to win there of course, from all the people there wanting her to be in that final and taking the title and all..., from everyone asking her for this or that interview and what not else -sponsors and the lot- during the week she's there)?
I sincerely hope and wish she'd be back with a fantastic win, grabbing the title and all,
and all under 60 minutes each LOL,
preferably double bagelling Dementieva and all she is encountering
on the road to victory, but I'll be more than glad if she will be in the semis. I trust we can hope for a QF though, one win for starters
should be very feasible.
I'm sure I'll have to buy someone a drink if Kim is in the final though
as I've been saying to a friend that she was waayyy too optimistic to buy tickets for the final.
Let's see who is right (hopefully for my wallet it's me
, but for all of us I sooo hope Kim would be holding the trophy!)
Anyway, GO Kim! We've missed you way too long!