Lena in Melbourne... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #1
country flag Keith17
Banned

Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road
Lena in Melbourne...

Elena Bovina RUS (21) vs. Sandra Kleinova (CZE)
Tatiana Perebiynis (UKR) vs. Claudine Schaul (LUX)
Alicia Molik (AUS) vs. Qualifier
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) (15) vs. Adriana Serra-Zanetti (ITA)

Decent draw for Lena... nice to draw the worst player in the 9-16 seed range, but nothing else is easy.

1st Round - Sandra Kleinova (CZE) - Not the easiest 1st round opponent. Although ranked in the 80s, she had a good end to 2003 reaching QF in Leipzig... and having quite a few wins over higher ranked players. She's plays kind of like Cervanova also... not a real weapon, but will keep everything in.

Honestly... I think Kleinova is going to beat Lena.

Lena's head isn't all there now, and she is going to feel pressure because this match is going to be very much like Cervanova at US Open... and a loss here buries Lena in the rankings, and throws away the great indoor season she had. If Lena isn't firing at her best, Kleinova will just let Lena make stupid error after stupid error.

If Lena wins...

2nd round - Claudine Schaul (LUX) or Tatiana Perebiynis (UKR) - The winner of this match is up to Tatiana... she'll be the aggressor. If Lena plays well against Kleinova... she should beat either of these players.

3rd round - ??? - Molik would be the pick of this section, but I don't know how her injury is. It would be nice to face a Serra-Zanetti in the 3rd round of a Slam.

4th round - (4) Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) - If Lena somehow manages to get this far... this will be the end. Unfortunately, Lena wasn't fortunate enough to be in the section of Kim Clijsters (ankle) or Venus Williams (withdrawn at the last moment).

That is all.
Keith17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2004, 03:34 PM   #2
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
I think Lena has a great draw. I wouldn't change places with anyone else.
If she can't beat Cervanova and Kleinova, then it doesn't matter where she is in the draw.
Why was she playing doubles with Conchita?
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 11:55 PM   #3
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I expect Lena to get to the second week of Oz.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 11:57 PM   #4
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
I think Lena, Vera, Elena, and Nadia should all make the round of 16.
Nastya and Maria, one of them will just be unlucky to play the other in the third round.
And what a third round match that is.

Old Jan 17th, 2004, 01:29 PM   #5
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
If Nastya and Maria play each other in the third round Nastya will have the pressure of being the favorite.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Jan 17th, 2004, 02:21 PM   #6
country flag goldenlox

Nastya is #7 in the world. If she loses to Maria, she doesn't die, life goes on.
If Maria loses, it stops the hype early again. Just like New York.

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 06:24 PM   #7
country flag Keith17
Banned

Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road Keith17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox
I think Lena has a great draw. I wouldn't change places with anyone else.
If she can't beat Cervanova and Kleinova, then it doesn't matter where she is in the draw.
Why was she playing doubles with Conchita?
I was hoping she teamed with Conchita because she's now bisexual... but I guess that didn't last.

It does matter where she is in the draw. Lena could have drawn a crappy Aussie in the 1st 2 rounds.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 06:31 PM   #8
country flag goldenlox

I was thinking the same thing about her and Conchita. But they're not together this week.
I always look at the draw as vital. But I know Lena has good and bad days.
One match at a time.
There is a chance to have a Russian in each semi. Definately two quarters, if not three.

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #9
country flag Keith17
Banned

I will guarantee this now.

ZERO Russians will reach the Semifinals.
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 06:56 PM   #10
country flag goldenlox

We had an evening with zero degrees and -30 wind chill. I don't know how people in the cold weather cities live in it.

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 07:32 PM   #11
the cat

Who's Bisexual? Lena or Conchita?

Keith, will a Russina make the quarterfinals? I think so. And if one or more Russina's makes the quarters why not the semi's?

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 08:18 PM   #12
country flag goldenlox

What a great day this is. With the football, and the AO starting.
I only wish ESPN2 would come on now from Melbourne. Preview it, then start from the beginning.

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 01:28 AM   #13
the cat

The Tennis Channel should cover Oz in the hours ESPN/ESPN2 doesn't cover it.

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 01:32 AM   #14
country flag goldenlox

With the football today, no one's watching ESPN2 anyway. They could have made day 1 a 15 hour tennis holiday. Instead they show one match.

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 02:26 AM   #15
the cat

One match? That's it?