Forza Roberta!!! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 08:50 AM   #46
country flag marko79

marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts
Is Roby in the md in the Us Open? She was two spots out last week.....
marko79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 12th, 2004, 12:02 PM   #47
country flag GoSandrine

GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future
Marko, I believe they froze the entires a few weeks ago when Roby was ranked 106 so she missed by three spots. To my knowledge Kim is the only withdrawal so two more will have to in order for her to gain direct entry. I just hope her foot injury is healing and she won't reinjure in Athens.

Speaking of Athens, Roby and Tathiana have drawn Nicole Pratt and Samantha Stosur in doubles. Not sure how healthy Roby and Tati are but hopefully they can get through their first round match and pick up some steam. Forza!!!

Last edited by GoSandrine : Aug 15th, 2004 at 01:45 AM.
GoSandrine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2004, 06:28 PM   #48
country flag marko79

marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts marko79 is infamous around these parts
If Jenny and Serena withdraw, Roby is in.....
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 02:24 AM   #49
country flag GoSandrine

GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future GoSandrine has a brilliant future
Olympic Update
Roby and Tax clobbered Pratt/Stosur 6-0,6-1 in their opening match

Keep going Ladies...forza!!!
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 06:33 AM   #50
country flag GoSandrine

Lost to Conchi and Vivi today 6-3,6-3

Good luck in New York Ladies. Looking forward to seeing you both!
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 03:33 AM   #51
country flag GoSandrine

Roby into the main draw at USO!!!

I got to see the match and Roby fought well. She has really improved her serve and is much more steady. A couple rough spots (she lost a 4-2 first set lead and had a rough patch up 4-1 in the second) but she closed well.

Brava Roberta!!!

Tough draw against Schnyder first round but Roby looks to be playing well. The big question is her foot injury which she seemed to favor in the third set.
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #52
country flag GABRIEL

GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of GABRIEL has much to be proud of
Hi Ed please support Roby and the other italians for me too !!! I wish I could be there ... I am in the bloody office working on a saturday afternoon....
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 01:12 PM   #53
country flag GoSandrine

I was there. So many missed chances in that first set!

Roby hit some beautiful shots but her serve and shotmaking was amazing and self-destructive at the same time.

The second set was a disaster. Roby played with no hope. She favored her foot after her final qualifying match so I suspect she didn't think she could battle like that again and win against the likes of Patty. Still, very disappointing that she didn't play with any gumption after losing the first.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:47 PM   #54
country flag marko79

Hi GoSandrine!!! I'm sure Roby will do on in the double tournament. At least QF....
Have you met Casonifan? I know her, a really nice girl.
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 02:35 PM   #55
country flag GoSandrine

Roberta and Severine lost in doubles to Kostanic and Schaul 7-5,6-3.

And yes Marko, I have been hanging out with Valerie on the days I've been at the US Open. We have had alot of fun especially at Tax's match the other night. We also watched Roberta against Patty and a slew of other matches. She is very nice and speaks highly of you.

Old Jan 13th, 2005, 01:49 AM   #56
country flag GoSandrine

ok time to resurrect this thread...or is it?

Roby came in as the second seed but got spanked by Korean Yoon Jeong Cho at Oz in the first round of qualies 6-2,6-1. Even more discouraging is she didn't hold serve once!

Roby, please get your game together. I wonder if her foot is still bothering her?
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 06:55 AM   #57
country flag TennisTete

TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough
I was very disappointed to read she lost so badly. I hope she gets her revenge in doubles. Does anyone know who is she playing with?
TennisTete is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 11:24 AM   #58
country flag GoSandrine

Well, she played with Silvija Talaja in Sydney so my guess is they'll team up in Melbourne.
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 10:15 PM   #59
country flag TennisTete

TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough TennisTete will become famous soon enough
Thank you. I hope they can be successfull.
TennisTete is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2005, 07:30 AM   #60
country flag GoSandrine

Roberta Vinci def. Aï Sugiyama 2-6 6-3 6-2 in Tier 1 Tokyo Pan Pacific!!!

This gets her very to close to or possibly in the Top 100 again. Brava!!!

Now keep going! Another Japanese Shinobu Asagoe is next for slaughter.