Day 2 results - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2004, 08:07 AM   #16
country flag lin

lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice lin is just really nice
Meilen good fight

Gisela Go Martina qualify now.
Melinda
lin is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2004, 08:23 AM   #17
country flag TOMMYKA

TOMMYKA has disabled reputation
Melinda
TOMMYKA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 08:52 AM   #18
country flag sylvain

sylvain is just really nice sylvain is just really nice sylvain is just really nice sylvain is just really nice sylvain is just really nice sylvain is just really nice sylvain is just really nice sylvain is just really nice sylvain is just really nice sylvain is just really nice sylvain is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNuS FoReVeR
Singles Qualifying Results

Doubles Qualifying Results

2- Shinobu Asagoe (JPN) / Yuka Yoshida (JPN) def. WC- Ilke Gers (NZL) / Anastassia Rodinova (RUS) 8-6
Darija Jurak (CRO) / Zsofia Gubasci (HUN) def. 1- Evie Dominikovic(AUS) / Kim Grant (RSA) 9-7

Doubles qualifying final

2- Shinobu Asagoe (JPN) / Yuka Yoshida (JPN) def. Darija Jurak (CRO) / Zsofia Gubasci (HUN) 5-7 6-4 6-2

Too bad for Kim Grant
Why on earth Shinobu had to play qualifying!

Caroline Dhenin

good luck for your new life

sylvain is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 09:11 AM   #19
country flag Jeff

Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute Jeff has a reputation beyond repute
OMG, Meilen

Such a fighter

Jeff is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 09:12 AM   #20
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Tu too good

By David Long at the ASB Bank Tennis Centre

Two former ASB Classic finalists met up in the second round of qualifying on Sunday afternoon with 2001 champion Meilen Tu defeating Tatiana Panova 5-7 7-6 6-1 in a match that lasted two hours and 20 minutes.

In a match with enough quality to be a final the two former high ranked players slugged it out with some sublime tennis.

Oddly the match was played on court four and not centre court but there were still plenty of people packed around the perimeters and in the stand to watch the match.

Panova jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first set before Tu then squared it up.

However, Panova, who was a finalist in 2002, was able to serve for the set at 5-4 and had two set points but both times Tu won the point. Although she was to falter when serving at 5-6 to go down in the set.

Tu got a big lead in the second set and was up 5-1 at one point, but she then slipped off the pace and Panova brought it back to 5-5 with plenty of games going to deuce along the way.

Inevitably the set went into a tiebreak which Tu won 7-2 to split the sets.

Although Panova didn't look tired in the third set, Tu played much better and broke three times to win the set 6-1.

After the match Tu admitted that she didn't play well at the beginning of the match.

"I played pretty poorly at the beginning of the first set and I fought my way back.

"I could have won in two sets but I could have easily lost in two sets."

But it was Tu's superior fitness that saw her home in the end and she said she thought she felt the fresher of the two players.

"It definitely helped that it wasn't sunny today," she said. "I was getting a little bit tired in the third, but I think she was feeling even more tired, we were both running a lot."

Tu will play the Jill Craybas in the final round of qualifying on Monday. Craybas defeated Tu in the second round of the classic last year.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 09:16 AM   #21
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Learning experience for Marama

By David Long at the ASB Bank Tennis Centre

Paula Marama hopes to learn from her first experience at a WTA tournament after going down 6-2 6-0 to the vastly more experienced Jill Craybas on Sunday afternoon.

In patches Marama demonstrated the potential she has as a tennis player, but also showed that she's got a few rough edges to smooth down just yet.

After the match Marama said she now appreciates the intensity of tennis required to win this class of matches.

"She had a lot of experience at this level and was very consistent and fast," Marama said. "Now I know what it's like to play at this level.

"I have to be more aggressive and a lot more consistent too."

Marama told nzoom.com after beating Diane Hollands in the first round of qualifying that she wanted to cut down on the number of errors she's making for the match against Craybas, and she felt that to some degree she achieved that.

"Maybe just a little but not so much," she said. "I was working on that because I wanted to do something good here, but it didn't come off."

Marama will play with her sister, Eden, in the first round of doubles on Tuesday and her plan is to go out and enjoy the experience, although they have a good chance of winning against the poorly ranked American duo of Jennifer Hopkins and Janet Lee while Craybas goes on to play Meilen Tu in the final round of qualifying on Monday.

It may not have been a tough match for Craybas in the second round, but she felt that Marama is a player with plenty of potential.

Craybas observed Marama in her first round victory over Diane Hollands on Saturday and was impressed by what she saw of the 19-year-old.

"I knew she had a big serve," Craybas said. "My coach and I were commenting that she's a talented player, just the way she hits the ball and the way she moves.

"I don't really know that much about her, maybe if she had a bit more experience or something, it seemed like she hadn't played a lot of matches.

"But I think she could do well, she's got a big serve, she's strong and she's definitely talented.

"I was moving a little bit to try and put her off with her serve, but my return is probably one of my strengths and usually I'm not too worried the opponent's serve.

"It's always different watching someone play from actually playing them, so it was still difficult to get accustomed in the beginning because I've never played her before.

"I didn't really have a certain game plan against her I was just had what I'd been working on and what I knew could win."

Source: nzoom
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 09:39 AM   #22
country flag The Guilty
Team WTAworld

The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of The Guilty has much to be proud of
Gisela
Tatiana
Tax
The Guilty is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 09:39 AM   #23
country flag jimbo mack

jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute jimbo mack has a reputation beyond repute
well done to all the winners!!

but panova
jimbo mack is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #24
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
w/d Martina and Tax !!!

But it's really ashaming Ms. Jidkova throwing it all away after losing first set tight. That's not a fighter's attitude.

Tatiana :retard:

And

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #25
oaki

oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all
Sieko
oaki is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 10:13 AM   #26
country flag Tennisfan-Mtl

Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of Tennisfan-Mtl has much to be proud of
No

Alina
Tzipora
Gisela
Sofia

pfff....
Tennisfan-Mtl is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 10:30 AM   #27
country flag gmak

gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute gmak has a reputation beyond repute
alinka
tatiana

tax
Dementieva Clijsters Safina Novotna Davenport Seles Pierce Mauresmo Bovina Vaidisova Golovin Spirlea Farina Likhovtseva Monami Halard Rubin Bedanova Tulyaganova Maleeva Zvereva Sabatini
gmak is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 10:37 AM   #28
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute
Gisela
Joana is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 10:49 AM   #29
country flag nave 2

nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold nave 2 is a splendid one to behold
Tzipi
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 11:13 AM   #30
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
ivana no comment
darija/zsofia so close! better luck next time. nice to see darija trying to play tour events