An excellent website on Maria Kirilenko. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 03:18 AM   #31
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Maria should want it to be a good website. If she doesn't, it won't be a good website.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 04:49 AM   #32
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute
FYI, you can also reach the site by typing www.kirilenkomaria.com

I think that having a diary is very important. I like to visit Kim Clijsters' website because her diary is really interesting to read. Maria's website has a lot of good information . I only wish that IMG could now spend some time to fix up Daniela Hantuchova's site. It looks really professional, but there is hardly any information on it .

I hope that I will get to see Maria play in 2004 because I've heard a lot of good things about her game.
Epigone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:22 AM   #33
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
KA, I left a message yesterday in the feedback page. But it hasn't been posted yet.
Oh and I also read further down they haven't posted your message. I hope that this website is updated frequently and it very well should be. The diary idea is a very good one but it can be a tough thing to do also, every entry must be updated in 3 languages!
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #34
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
GL, I think Maria has other things on her mind besides her official website. Mainly her career. I hope Masha has someone who can update the website for her so she can concentrate on her tennis.

Epigone, I didn't know Dani has an IMG website. And you said it doesn't have much information on it. That's not a good sign for Makiri's website. But maybe Maria will have a website professional do the work for her.

KA, I was wondering why Maria's website is available in 3 languages. I understand why her website needs to be in Russian and English. And since Yonex is a Japanese comany that helps sponsor Maria and her official website I can understand why her website is available in Japanese as well. It makes sense. Masha is probably developing a growing fan base in Japan as well as in Russia and America.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 02:50 PM   #35
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
KA, I was wondering why Maria's website is available in 3 languages. I understand why her website needs to be in Russian and English. And since Yonex is a Japanese comany that helps sponsor Maria and her official website I can understand why her website is available in Japanese as well. It makes sense. Masha is probably developing a growing fan base in Japan as well as in Russia and America.
Well yeah and she did mention that the Japanese treated her very well.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 04:24 PM   #36
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't take much time to tell her parents and agent that she wants the website updated.
And no matter how busy you are, taking a moment to type out where you went and how you played that week is not a big deal.
Like I said, it's Maria's decision. Does she want a good website or not.

Last edited by goldenlox : Dec 30th, 2003 at 04:32 PM.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 04:39 PM   #37
country flag goldenlox

Maria can find 10 minutes a week to devote to her website - Anna finds time - This was during the Sea Island challenger -

I'm sitting next to her while she surfs the web. She's still got her headphones on, and is singing along. Totally unselfconscious. Having fun.
She logs on to the official Enrique Iglesias Web site.
She's in the community area.
I am spying on Anna surfing the web.
Fifteen minutes later, she's still surfing the web.
There's something comforting about it. Anna surfs the web to kill time. Just like the rest of us. Weird. Until yesterday, as far as I knew, she existed only on the Web. But she's real. And I know this because I see her surfing the Web.

Maria can write a short journal.

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 06:54 PM   #38
country flag Vass22

Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future Vass22 has a brilliant future
Guy you should regret that you don't know Russian. On the site, in the feedback section there are very intersting letters to Maria.

Two are from Stas, who apparently met masha in Odessa (Ukraine). He writes about his hopes that she didn't forget him. He REALLY regrets that he didn't speak with her "that time" and asks her to write to him back. His second letter was the funniest thing on the site: "Masha this is Stas...I'm hopelessly in love with you. I wish you success in life and your career.

Some girl/woman writes: "Masha (but in even more endearing version of it) you are the cutest... "
Vass22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:19 PM   #39
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
GL, I have to believe Maria wants a good website. I hope she writes a short journal, too. But what about the keyboard wear and tear on her fingers? Tennis players needs well rested fingers to grip their tennis racquets. They don't need to be typing away on a keyboard and wearing out their fingers. Maybe she can have someone do the typing for her.

Thanks for the Feedback translations, Vass22. It sounds like Makiri has some fine fan support.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Dec 31st, 2003, 08:06 AM   #40
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

Looks like Masha has other diehard fans as well .
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 08:23 AM   #41
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute
good one

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

ghosts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 06:37 PM   #42
the cat

Maria understands that some of her fans root for her because she's usually the underdog when she plays because she's so much lighter than most of her opponents. Her coach alluded to that in an interview after Maria won the 2002 junior Canadian Open. I think Masha's endearing qualities and solid all court tennis will earn her alot of new fans in 2004.

Rising Russina! I think Makiri who is currently ranked #122 could make a significant rankings rise in 2004. I expect her to finish the year ranked in the top 50.

Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 10:18 PM   #43
the cat

One of my favorite photos on Maria's official website is the photo of all time great tennis player Chris Evert tutoring Masha. Makiri trains part of the year at the IMG Evert Tennis Academy in Florida. And I hope she understands who Chris Evert is and appreciates her advice. She could be a big help to Maria's career. The photo of Chris and Masha is located at http://mariakirilenko.com/big_shots.php?gal=1&pic=12

Old Feb 8th, 2004, 05:09 AM   #44
country flag Sharapova's_Boy

Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute Sharapova's_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Very impressive site

Udachi Masha

Sharapova's_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2004, 05:01 PM   #45
the cat

I'm glad you like it.

Makiri's website finally posted Smart's and my comments a few weeks after we sent them. But better late than never.