Sonya Jeyaseelan - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 16th, 2003, 01:18 AM   #1
country flag PointBlank
Team WTAworld

PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute
Sonya Jeyaseelan

Is she retiring?
Advertisement

Old Dec 16th, 2003, 02:16 PM   #2
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute
As far as I know, Sonya won't be retiring. Her doubles ranking is still around the 100 mark, so hopefully she can be a bit more consistent this season and push it up a notch. I'd also like to see her concentrate a bit more on singles. She had some nice wins indoors this past fall and showed that she can still play singles with top 100 players so I think she should keep at it and try and bring her ranking up at least where she can get into slam qualifying.

I'd really like to see Sonya and Melanie make it into the doubles for the Olympics but I'm not sure whether Melanie would be eligible or not. She hasn't played Fed Cup but that doesn't mean she didn't make herself available to play either so who knows. It'd be nice to see them there.
"Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. Any if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Randy H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 04:07 PM   #3
patricktav2003

patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of patricktav2003 has much to be proud of
I really want SONYA to crak the top 200 againt!!
she is a better example for the younger tennis canadians then MO
patricktav2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 11:41 PM   #4
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
lol definitely

Sonya deserves the best!
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 02:33 AM   #5
country flag KoOlMaNsEaN
Team WTAworld

KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute KoOlMaNsEaN has a reputation beyond repute
I dont think Sonya will retire for a couple of years. Her doubles is working I hope she goes in the top 30-25! GO SONYA!

Ana Ivanovic, Sabine Lisicki, Serena Williams, Eugenie Bouchard

Official Psychologist of Don't Knock the Dok!
KoOlMaNsEaN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 04:31 PM   #6
country flag ~CANUCK~
This is my fancy user title

~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute ~CANUCK~ has a reputation beyond repute
lets hope she can find her way in singles again
~CANUCK~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 04:58 PM   #7
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute ¤CharlDa¤ has a reputation beyond repute
She has the talent and the will to do it!
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 02:59 PM   #8
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Go Sonya!!!
Good luck in 2004!!!!
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 07:10 AM   #9
country flag JonBcn
Tart with a Heart

JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute JonBcn has a reputation beyond repute
It would be a shame to see her go, she's very entertaining to watch. Has she said something about her retirement, or is it just speculation?
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #10
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute Randy H has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBcn
It would be a shame to see her go, she's very entertaining to watch. Has she said something about her retirement, or is it just speculation?
Haven't heard anything about her considering retirement thankfully, I just hope that she can maintain a good doubles ranking and get some more chances to pick up more singles points. She had a few decent results especially indoors in qualifying for tour events but with her ranking out of the top 300 those chances are often few and far between. She obviously still has the talent but she has always been the sort to need the motivation of a big match to bring out the best in her so I hope she will keep plugging away and push her ranking up enough to start playing slam qualifying again.
"Religion has actually convinced people that there is an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. Any if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:16 AM   #11
country flag Randy H
Moderator - Juniors

Sonya's season officially kicked off today in the doubles competition of the Australian Open - Great news, as she and partner Jelena Kostanic (so far unbeaten in doubles this year!) got off to a good start by defeating Mara Santangelo and Katalin Marosi 7-6, 6-4, rebounding from triple set point down in the first set and a break down in the second. Well done

Next up will be the winner between Cara Black/Rennae Stubbs, seeded 5th, of Zi Yan/Jie Zheng, who are currently leading in the opening set.

Sonya is also on the committment list for the Tokyo Pan Pacific Open the week after the Australian Open. She is quite low on the alternate list, but the field often sees a generally weak field, which can result in a few lower ranked players sneak in so hopefully Sonya will be able to do so. By the looks of things, her focus right now is still on maintaining her doubles ranking and hoping to get into singles qualifying at some of these events if possible but we will see how things go as the year progresses and whether or not she will head over to some challenger events.

But he loves you."

George Carlin
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:05 PM   #12
country flag Bероника

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Go Sonya!!!
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 10:50 PM   #13
country flag ¤CharlDa¤
Team WTAworld

Come on Sonya! We wnat some upsets!
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 11:37 PM   #14
country flag polishprodigy

polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute polishprodigy has a reputation beyond repute
Jeyaseelan/Kostanic lost to Zi/Zheng, who seem to be playing very well. I think the score was 7-5 6-2
polishprodigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2004, 05:10 PM   #15
country flag Bероника

Oh no!