How do you think Ai did at Y.E.C.? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How do you think Ai did at Y.E.C.?

She did poorly! 1 11.11%
She did about what I suspected. 2 22.22%
She did more than I could hope or dream! 5 55.56%
I dont know.. 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 8th, 2003, 09:39 PM   #1
country flag PointBlank
Team WTAworld

PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute
How do you think Ai did at Y.E.C.?

I think she suprised me so much the hanging in (even though losing) to J. Cap , then Myskina match ,and the win over J.H.H. at the last match of the season well heck I would kill for that!

I think Ai did wonderfull at Y.E.C.
Advertisement

Old Dec 8th, 2003, 09:42 PM   #2
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute
She did about what I suspected.

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

ghosts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 12:14 AM   #3
country flag Reichen
Registered 1

Reichen has disabled reputation
I think she did ok, but I expected her to make the Semi's, or even the Final. I think she should have won ALL THREE of her matches, plus maybe even another win over Kim in the Semi's.

Go Ai!!!
Reichen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 04:25 AM   #4
country flag ex hopman

ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of
I watched the match against Jen.
She missed so many opportunities against Jen.
That would be the next step for her... finishing off the point...at big points... but she entertained fans for sure.

The match against Myskina was a bit disappointing.
The win against Henin was the great bonus for Ai!

Overall, she enjoyed the YEC, and got into the top10. so I guess it was good!

ex hopman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 05:08 PM   #5
country flag Come-on-kim

Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute
I said "poorly" but it's not really what I mean

I explain, I thought she could have qualified for the SF! She really has the potential to do it! She missed some opportunities, but it's already good to have been able to qualify

"When you do your best, it's always good enough" - Kim Clijsters

"No matter what happens, you have to try to stay positive, bad things can happen, but if you try to stay positive, something positive will come out of it…I believe that everything happens for a reason" - Kim Clijsters

"Goed is de ergste vijand van zeer goed" - Pascal Smet

"Als je iemand idealiseert, verlies je het contact met de werkelijkheid"

"Ca s’apprend par la souffrance, ça s’apprend par les déceptions, ça s’apprend par la densité du mal que ça te fait, plus ça te fait mal et plus ça te fait grandir. Y a des moments où tu te dis je ne vais pas le supporter, ça, ça fait trop mal, et pourtant tu passes au travers."
Come-on-kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2003, 01:46 AM   #6
country flag Veritas

Veritas has a reputation beyond repute Veritas has a reputation beyond repute Veritas has a reputation beyond repute Veritas has a reputation beyond repute Veritas has a reputation beyond repute Veritas has a reputation beyond repute Veritas has a reputation beyond repute Veritas has a reputation beyond repute Veritas has a reputation beyond repute Veritas has a reputation beyond repute Veritas has a reputation beyond repute
Overall, I was disappointed with Ai's YEC performance. I honestly expected her to make it to the Semis - she's had close H2H records agaisnt Jenn and Nastya, so it's possible that she could've beaten them and finished no.2 in her group.

Her loss to Jenn was a disappointment. So many wasted opportunities

Her loss to Nastya was dreadful

Her win against Justine was mysterious
Veritas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 11:50 AM   #7
country flag Sammm

Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute
If you think about it, Ai could have won all three of her matches; however she did beat the world number 1 and got into the top 10 for the first time and it was her first cahmpionship so it wasn't bad.