The Official PAW (Pick-A-Winner) Rules and FAQ'S - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #106
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Official PAW (Pick-A-Winner) Rules and FAQ'S

I didn't say it was a great idea
We had this debate with the idea to have one for clay season.
I asked it because it could affect commitments this month.
PAW didn't always have these USO series bonus points.
Maybe another poll?
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #107
country flag Emrys

Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer16 View Post
I didn't say it was a great idea
We had this debate with the idea to have one for clay season.
I asked it because it could affect commitments this month.
PAW didn't always have these USO series bonus points.
Maybe another poll?
Clay season was rejected , cause it doesn't happen in real WTA aswell.
US Open Series is been a part of the PAW game for some years now.
It wasn't in the beginning , but isn't is it for 3 years in a row now ?
Im playing since 2010 , so i don't know how it was before 2010.

If you want to make a poll about it , go ahead.
Emrys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #108
country flag Archer16

Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute Archer16 has a reputation beyond repute

It was held for the first time in 2004 in real life and in 2010 in PAW.
Archer16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #109
country flag Emrys

Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of Emrys has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by purtov View Post
Dear Emrys!
You are wrong, when interfere with my work.
If I am suspended, why me have not informed?
If I still the manager, then decisions about WC are accepted by me.
Any WC still is not used.
Everyone who have asked, will receive it. But no more than 6 person because rules certain a limit in 5 person, plus one beginner.
WC #1 JJohnyTheSaviOuR
WC #2 digor
WC #3 sdtoot
WC #6 charmedRic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
1.i interfear with your work , cause Payam needs a WC , while you said he doesn't...
2.Then i made the list of 5 WC's so Digor (and others) notice on time that it's too late to ask for a WC, and then they can ask one in Palermo (so they won't miss much)
3. I told you before , WC's aren't cookies you can share with everyone.
Only 5 WC's for each tournament ! And where do you find a rule about a new player can have a 6th ? (Shaun ?)
4. I also told you before deadlines are : 21.00 CET the day before the tournament starts. So all requests after that hour are WC's.

5 WC's are: BlackPanther.,Delicatecutter,JjohnyTheSaviOuR,TNT2 009,Payam

Quote:
We differently understand rules... With your treatment I do not agree. Probably, to discuss it is necessary in other thread.

i stay with my version of what happened in PAW Stanford.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #110
country flag purtov

purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of

1) I was mistaken about the sixth WC.
WC6 It is resolved at forum MTF.
Quote:
17.2 Wildcards - how many of them are available in the tournament, and when are they granted?

The number of WCs is limited to 5 per tournament. Additionally the manager can grant extra WCs for new players only.
At forum TF of a similar rule is not present.
purtov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #111
country flag Emrys

Quote:
1) I was mistaken about the sixth WC.
WC6 It is resolved at forum MTF.

At forum TF of a similar rule is not present.
yeah some rules are different with ATP forum.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #112
country flag purtov

purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of purtov has much to be proud of

2) In rules it is written:
Quote:
If you fail to commit to a PAW tounament before the commitment deadline, then you may ask the PAW Manager for a Wildcard by posting a 'WC request' on that particular PAW tournament thread.
To what signs I can define, what the inquiry takes 'WC request'?
I have understood a following post as the request about WC. But there there is no availability of symbols WС. Means, the player in addition should send a post with letters ' WC '?
Quote:
I did commit to play here but seem to be missing off the commitment list. My picks:-
PAW01 Czink over Vandeweghe
PAW02 Stephens over Watson
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #113
country flag purtov

3) In rules it is written:
Quote:
You must have posted a commitment before the deadline (which is normally two days before the start of main draw play or else you will have to apply for a wildcard).
The deadline is not regulated (normally two days before). Whence there was time 21:00 cet?
If two days normal timeframe, '10 hours before' simply excellent timeframe! I believe, that rules do not object to improvement of conditions for players.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #114
country flag Emrys

Quote:
2) In rules it is written:

To what signs I can define, what the inquiry takes 'WC request'?
I have understood a following post as the request about WC. But there there is no availability of symbols WС. Means, the player in addition should send a post with letters ' WC '?
sdtoot (the one you refer too, didn't asked for a WC cause he didn't need one , he committed on time, but his name wasn't on the entry list you posted, cause i forgot to 'x' his commitment in the commitments list.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #115
country flag Emrys

Quote:
3) In rules it is written:

The deadline is not regulated (normally two days before). Whence there was time 21:00 cet?
If two days normal timeframe, '10 hours before' simply excellent timeframe! I believe, that rules do not object to improvement of conditions for players.
Check page 1 of the commitments list: "
All entries will close at 09:00 pm CET on the day before the main draw of the tournament starts."

Not to mention the thread is already at least 15 days (in this case 23 days) open before the first tournament of the new month starts. So time enough for everyone.

As a tournament manager you can't decide for yourself what the deadline is, we (tournament managers) have to follow the rules aswell.
It's not a Exho event.

The rules are perfect for the players, but some players just seem to forget every
month that they have to commit, or think 'i still have time, i do it another time' wich results in being late and making up excuses.

The deadline from 9pm the day before the tournament starts, is been here for years now , and if its up to me or others (except a handful people) it will stay here for many years.
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #116
country flag purtov

Quote:
Check page 1 of the commitments list: "
All entries will close at 09:00 pm CET on the day before the main draw of the tournament starts."
Rules of this thread do not refer on 'the commitments list', which is updated every month. Next month there can be 10pm or something another.

'The commitments list' there is an auxiliary service for the manager, that it could for two days prior to the beginning (or less) to have the ordered list. Insisting on firmness '9pm', you create additional difficulties for the manager instead of the help.
But when '9pm' it will be brought in rules, I will need to agree only.
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #117
country flag Emrys

Quote:
Rules of this thread do not refer on 'the commitments list', which is updated every month. Next month there can be 10pm or something another.

'The commitments list' there is an auxiliary service for the manager, that it could for two days prior to the beginning (or less) to have the ordered list. Insisting on firmness '9pm', you create additional difficulties for the manager instead of the help.
But when '9pm' it will be brought in rules, I will need to agree only.
The rules in the commitments thread about 9 pm are for all tournaments !
And it's not something that can be changed by the manager.
I didn't create anything , this rule is been here before i was a member and i keep following that rule.

18. Commitments:

All players that have committed to a PAW tournament before the deadline may enter, those players that haven't committed may apply for a Wildcard (See below).

The deadline is in the commitments thread.

I advise you to follow it, or actions will be taken against you.

Im in control of the Wildcard list and all the names i mentioned before (5!) will be added in that list.
Also the players that aren't allowed in the ranking will be removed. (charmedrik plays in Palermo, so not in Stanford) and Digor can't play in Stanford, since all 5 WC's are given away.
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #118
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

I will organise with DoctorG to get post #1 of this rules thread updated to state that the deadline for commitments to a PAW tournament is always 9pm CET on the evening before the start of the Main Draw matches (normally Sunday evening). This rule has been implemented on WTA PAW for the past four or five years and it is in place to allow the PAW manager to organise his/her spreadsheet and have some time to copy picks into the spreadsheet before the start of matches the following day.

With regard to the allocation of the five Wildcards, the rule is simple. The manager must allocate the Wildcards in the order in which they were requested on the PAW tournament thread - therefore, the first five players to request WC's shall receive them, providing that they are still eligible to receive a Wildcard in this calendar year.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #119
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute sdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Sections 17, 18 and 19 of post #1 on this thread have now been updated to clarify the PAW Commitment and Wildcard rules. Big thanks to DoctorG for help with the update.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #120
country flag purtov

All right. But why CET? 25 hours prior to the beginning in Stanford and 4 hours prior to the beginning Auckland. Then 21:00 local time.