Nicole Pratt 2004? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 12:23 AM   #1
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Question Nicole Pratt 2004?

Will she keep slumping? will she rise? will she retire its been a up and down year for Nicolehopefully she will do better next year
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 04:30 AM   #2
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Interesting question Azza. My thought is her performance thru the AO is going to be a good indication of what we can expect her year to be like.

I must admit I am not a big fan of Nicole's scheduling. I see she is in the qualifying for Sydney but I would prefer to see her play Hobart or Canberra where she would have a chance of being seeded if there were a few withdrawals. Plus add in the weaker fields.

I see the biggest problem as being she has a lot of points to defend at AO, so if she gets a difficult draw there and does not qualify for GC or get thru in Sydney she is going to plummet quickly.

I don't think she will retire as even though she didn't have the best year she is still ranked high 50s and she is still beating Top 30 players.

I'm just hoping that she gets off to a good start early in the year. I am guessing she will get a WC to GC so let's hope she gets a favourable draw.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 05:06 AM   #3
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Nicole only played 3 good tournies this year

Aussie open she has 198 pts to defend
Los Angeles she has 127.75 pts to defend
and U.s Open where she has 118 pts

the most pts closest to that is

59 Pts at Miami, 40 pts at doaha and 38.5 pts at Toronto

and 14 1st round losses

so Nicole will probebly gain alot of pts this year
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 05:14 AM   #4
country flag SpikeyAidanm
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
I have a feeling she might slide...
SpikeyAidanm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:31 AM   #5
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Azza

14 first round losses - I had not idea it had been that bad. I think one of Nicole's greatest problems will be if she does not do well early in the year during the Australian tournaments, and then has a rough February she could have problems staying in the Top 100. Take off those 198 points for AO and she falls to high 70s. It's only 318 points difference between being #53 and being #100. If her ranking does drop below 100 then things get really tough.

I am hoping that Nicole does manage to find a good regular doubles partner for next year. She did really well in doubles in 2002 and it seemed to help her singles play.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:49 AM   #6
slice

slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all slice is a name known to all
she does have 4th round points 2 defend and im afraid that stupid tournament choices (playing syd insted of canberra) will have a bad impact on her as seh probably wont qualify 4 sydney and so will waste a perfectly good week of leadign up to the open
slice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:52 AM   #7
Team WTAworld

SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute SpikeyAidanm has a reputation beyond repute
Won't she get a WC into Sydney

They will give three out to:

Alicia
Pratt
someone else, hopefully Adamzcak

Last year, I think they gave one to Tanasugarn
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:54 AM   #8
country flag azza

Omg why would they do that
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:56 AM   #9
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza
cos all the other aussies were playing elsewhere...

Seles wanted one, but she was too late.
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 07:29 AM   #10
country flag azza

pfffff hopefully more Aussies get WC next season
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 06:28 AM   #11
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Each year the tour will get harder for Nicole mainly due to the way she plays. Grinding out matches and never winning a match easily.

However her great work ethic will always give her a good patch of form and some decent results. If she can stay where she is in 2004 that would be fantastic.

I would expect that Nicole feels that being one of our leading women players means she should front up for one of the top line tournaments. It's a tough decision, but in the end the draws in ACT and TAS are still difficult (she's playing players ranked around her which is just as tough than playing someone ranked above) and an early loss in either Tier IV would dent her confidence more going into AO than one in Sydney.
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 06:34 AM   #12
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
She will most likely get the second WC for Sydney...I can't see anyone else taking it from her (no one else deserves it).

Well she still finished the year at no.53...none too shabby

I just hope she goes into 2004 with no pressure and just continues to enjoy herself, battle it out and get some well deserved respect cos she's earned it!!!
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 06:37 AM   #13
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS
She will most likely get the second WC for Sydney...I can't see anyone else taking it from her (no one else deserves it).

Well she still finished the year at no.53...none too shabby

I just hope she goes into 2004 with no pressure and just continues to enjoy herself, battle it out and get some well deserved respect cos she's earned it!!!
Hey TS - did read either the Sunday Herald Scum or the Age - in which on the back page of the sports liftouts they had these a section in which it said 'events that you shouldn't pay for'. It mentioned watching Wayne Arthurs, Karrie Webb and then had a sentence on Alicia Molik - saying that she's got the talent but never gets far (or something) and then says... well Nicole Pratt.... is Nicole Pratt!!

I sort of wondered what they meant by it.... I mean they picked on Rachel McQ a fair bit because she opened her mouth too much... but Nicole Did you see it????
Old Nov 24th, 2003, 06:45 AM   #14
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
No I missed that...it's typical though. Cliche gags that are so 1995.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 02:20 PM   #15
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by azza
Because only 2 WCs are reserved for Aussies! 1 of the WCs is only for players with Gold/Silver Exempt status and Tammy belonged in this category!
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote