Is it all over for Rachel - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 18th, 2003, 07:37 PM   #1
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of
Question Is it all over for Rachel

What do you think is the likely scenario for Rachel from this point?

With her withdrawing from this Challenger series it is unlikely she is going to be ranked high enough to make qualifying at the AO, and her chances of getting into anything other than challengers next year seems slim.

She is also injured, though not sure what the injury is.

So what are your thoughts on the following:

(1) Will TA give her a WC to the main draw at the AO for old times sake? If not do you think they will throw her a bone and give her a WC for qualifying?

(2) Will Rachel retire?

(3) If she doesn't retire, does she still have the game to be able to fight back and get her ranking back into top 100/200?
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 18th, 2003, 07:56 PM   #2
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute
Reckon TA would give her a qualy WC because she has been such a pioneer for womens tennis in australia

think retirement is not so far away though . . . .

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 09:49 PM   #3
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future
Rachel has a knee injury, don't how severe but who is to say she will even be fit to play the Summer Circuit in Australia!

Her rank will slip to 360-370 by December.

Yes retirement does seem imminent, but who's to say she wont be out for 10 months and then comeback with an injury rank of 210 and get direct entry into next Aust OPen qualies?
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 12:32 AM   #4
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute
Depending on the extent of the injury it may well be curtains...but I'm sure this isn't the way she wanted to go out, so who knows. I do know that most 32 year olds would not want to keep playing at a ranking of 350+ (Nancy types excluded)....

Rachel should not get a WC for the AO main draw, even for a farewell performance because she doesn't deserve it. I would like to see her get a qualy WC however, but that is if she is healthy enough to compete...
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote