Year 2004 : "Tammy" Cheering Thread - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 12:59 AM   #61
country flag cadiac
Team WTAworld

cadiac has a brilliant future cadiac has a brilliant future cadiac has a brilliant future cadiac has a brilliant future cadiac has a brilliant future cadiac has a brilliant future cadiac has a brilliant future cadiac has a brilliant future cadiac has a brilliant future cadiac has a brilliant future cadiac has a brilliant future
Anyway Good luck even your cruel draw
Titles Singles : 3 Doubles : 5
Singles : 2005 : Amelia Island(II) 2004 : Auckland (IV),Canberra (V)
Doubles : 2006 : Guangzhou(Zheng) 2005 : Eastbourne, Berlin 2004 : Auckland , Canberra
cadiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 03:11 AM   #62
country flag Vut
Team WTAworld

Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute Vut has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck to TAMMY in AO........
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #63
country flag New

New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Tammy will win the doubles cos she's with sharapova and both has an unbeaten record!!!

i dun see what's wrong with this year's draw...cos last year her round three match was against serena..which is much worse...this year davenport seems injured a bit and if tammy is ok... a few long rallies should wear davenport down...tammy could emerge victorious after three sets to the fourth round...

after all tammy did lose in two tight set against davenport in the toray pan pacific... so it's not impossibl...
Don't be deceived by the rankings!! Coria, Mirnyi, Schuettler, Fish, Safin, Henman, Tursunov, Wawrinka, Federer, Serena, Bovina, Li Na, Dementieva, Zvonareva, Sugiyama, Coetzer, Tanasugarn, Kumkhum, Zheng, Dokic and Kournikova are the world's best tennis players!!!

S'PORE'S ONLY JUNIOR, LEE WEI PING
New is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 12:56 AM   #64
country flag New

New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute New has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

poor tammy lost...i expected better from her... at least to steal a set....

never mind she still got doubles...

play better in the next tournament!!!
Don't be deceived by the rankings!! Coria, Mirnyi, Schuettler, Fish, Safin, Henman, Tursunov, Wawrinka, Federer, Serena, Bovina, Li Na, Dementieva, Zvonareva, Sugiyama, Coetzer, Tanasugarn, Kumkhum, Zheng, Dokic and Kournikova are the world's best tennis players!!!

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 01:37 AM   #65
Shine On Silver Moon

Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of Shine On Silver Moon has much to be proud of
Poor, Tammy!

Tammy...!!! So sad, good luck in dubs!

www.tnol.asia
Shine On Silver Moon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 05:54 AM   #66
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Got to watch the match from the 2nd set delayed while they
waited for JHH's match to begin; and it just wasn't a good day for Tammy.
Granville get's the ball back; but Tammy's timing was really off today.
The serve toss was all over the place. Sometimes high, sometimes low,
sometimes a bit forward. It bothered Tammy, and ruined the reaction
time to hit return winners. There was a noticeable bit of wind going on
in the outside court, and this could've been why the ball toss was wayward
today. The ground strokes were not of the variety we all come to know
and count on from Tammy.

It's early in the season. Tammy can rebound and finally get some good
practice in. Ok. Let's not get to down over here.
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 08:09 AM   #67
country flag Chai

Chai is just really nice Chai is just really nice Chai is just really nice Chai is just really nice Chai is just really nice Chai is just really nice Chai is just really nice Chai is just really nice Chai is just really nice Chai is just really nice Chai is just really nice
TAMMY
so sad......
Chai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #68
country flag TartarVicario

TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future
She played really crap .I watched all the match .Some Thai fan said "Jai yen krub" = calm down plz ิีbut it didn't work at all
TartarVicario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 01:55 PM   #69
country flag New

Thumbs up

okie!!! hate me for all you want tammy fans ... but i really want to say this now!!!

tammy!!! for goodness sake!!! work on your game.. your have to get used to all types of balls and have vicious weapons on your own!!! your consistency and wonderful backhand ain good enough!!!

i truly believe that you are the top 5 player type... but as of now you seem to be only able to beat ppl who are ranked lower than you and get upsetted by them sometimes too... come on!!! believe in yourself!!! you won mauresmo before and even took a set from capriati when she was still the aus open champion..

i hope you continue to work hard and learn a new thing or two and perhaps show us stuff like the match against patty and hantuchova where you were agressive!!!

no less than qfinals for all the grand slams now!!! and wimbledon where grass courts is your forte... i hope to see you reach semis and no less...

i know i probably sucked if i played against you and i have no right to comment on your game since mine is most probably worse...but i really dun wish to see you slide any further... you just lost loads of points at the aus open...up next is the toray where you will defend loads of points too so i hope all goes well....

ALL SAID AND DONE.... GOOD LUCK!!! I LOVE YOU AND MAY YOU END THE YEAR LIKE THIS!!!! WIN-LOSS RECORD: 125-3(ASSUMING SHE PLAYS 25 MORE TOURNAMENTS...)

I'M NOT CRAZY...I REALLY BELIEVE YOU ARE BETTER THAN WHAT YOU ARE PLAYING NOW....

Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:08 PM   #70
country flag TartarVicario

TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future TartarVicario has a brilliant future
C'mon at least Tammy/Masha won
TartarVicario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 04:04 AM   #71
country flag New

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartarVicario
C'mon at least Tammy/Masha won
okie.. but i really like her to do well in the singles...

Old Jan 25th, 2004, 03:17 AM   #72
country flag jirobkk

jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future jirobkk has a brilliant future
Tammy just came back from Melbourne yesterday ( 24 Saturday ). She quoted her article in "Tammyka" on Sunday, 25 January that she's very disappointed with her early lost in the first round AO 2004. She has been training hard for 2004 year , she isn't happy with her performance because she could not play as good as she wanted to do. Tammy tried to come back in the 2nd set as she was up a break and took a lead 2-0 but her opponent was playing nothing to lose and did not let her to come back.

In double 2nd round, Tammy and Masha were forced to retire due to Masha got an injury (a lower left leg strain ). Masha said "sorry" to her and Tammy accepted her apology, acknowledged Masha's physical condition because Masha still have to play single match on the next day. Anyway Tammy and Masha will be paring up in Toray Pan Pacific Open 2004 in Tokyo.

Here is the link to Tammyka article. http://www.jirobkk.com/articles-tammyka.htm

Jiro's Facebook
My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors.
Congrats to Tammy for her fourth title in Japan Women's Open 2010.
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 12:01 AM   #73
country flag New

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jirobkk
Tammy just came back from Melbourne yesterday ( 24 Saturday ). She quoted her article in "Tammyka" on Sunday, 25 January that she's very disappointed with her early lost in the first round AO 2004. She has been training hard for 2004 year , she isn't happy with her performance because she could not play as good as she wanted to do. Tammy tried to come back in the 2nd set as she was up a break and took a lead 2-0 but her opponent was playing nothing to lose and did not let her to come back.

In double 2nd round, Tammy and Masha were forced to retire due to Masha got an injury (a lower left leg strain ). Masha said "sorry" to her and Tammy accepted her apology, acknowledged Masha's physical condition because Masha still have to play single match on the next day. Anyway Tammy and Masha will be paring up in Toray Pan Pacific Open 2004 in Tokyo.

Here is the link to Tammyka article. http://www.jirobkk.com/articles-tammyka.htm

thanks for the infomation.... i'm glad that she realizes that she's not playing too well and needs to improve...

Old Jan 27th, 2004, 02:43 AM   #74
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute
It occured to me whilst watching Tammy's match. Granville was simply playing better tennis. Even if Tammy was playing some of her best tennis.... this match would have been a close 3 setter. Laura was more powerfull and served much stronger. Probably what was most beneficial to Laura was her defence.... Tammy would start painting lines.... but Laura ran down balls untill Tanmy missed.
Laura was not going to lose to anyone easy on that day.... even had she played Kim Clijsters!
Tammy has to work on being a little more aggressive... and probably get a bit more topspin on her backhand... its just too flat... on a rather windy day... keeping the ball in the court is much easier with topspin.
V.Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 06:48 AM   #75
country flag Benny

Benny is a name known to all Benny is a name known to all Benny is a name known to all Benny is a name known to all Benny is a name known to all Benny is a name known to all Benny is a name known to all Benny is a name known to all Benny is a name known to all Benny is a name known to all Benny is a name known to all
I agree, I think Tammy needs to improve, but I'm sure Tammy KNOWS she has to improve. One aspect of her game is probaly her consistancy she can be top 10 one day and the next lose to someone ranked 80 something.
I feel Tammy still has her best tennis to come and Tammy is a fighter who never gives up and would be the kind of person who is open for improvement.
She was obviously having a bad day and from the sounds of it from V.Melb, Granville was playing very well.
I know that soon Tammy will be playing great tennis and I wish her all the luck in the world for the rest of her 2004 season