A "Kim for Belgian sportswomen of the year" campaign on Flemish TV? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 11:42 AM   #1
country flag The Crow
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Angry A "Kim for Belgian sportswomen of the year" campaign on Flemish TV?

I have the feeling that Flemish TV wants to have Kim as sportswomen of the year. After her (great) win at the Masters, I've noticed that they "think" that Kim was at least as good as Justine this year. Examples:

- Carl Maes saying that Kim is really the number one this year because she was more consistent
- Els Jackxens (sp?) saying that slams are all about tradition but that people "inside tennis" saying that winning the masters is more impressive than winning a slam
- at VRT TT: putting the year-end number one of Justine on the same "height" as Kim leading the prize money list.

Especially the second example is so wrong imo. Kim winning the masters is a great achievement, but winning a slam is more prestigious and more difficult imo.The first: well it's Carl Maes (who I like btw), so he's probably subjective. The third could be nitpicking from my part

What do you think? Do the Flemish media have a "hidden agenda"? Or am I just seeing ghosts as a too subjective Justine fan?

Ok, and I don't want fights in here. If this thread evolves into a fight, I'll delete it.
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2003, 11:48 AM   #2
country flag Come-on-kim

Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute
Dunno, but the French speaking medias does the contrary

In "La dernière heure" they already said that there's no way Kim can have it, because it's so obvious Justine is the best of the year

"When you do your best, it's always good enough" - Kim Clijsters

"No matter what happens, you have to try to stay positive, bad things can happen, but if you try to stay positive, something positive will come out of it…I believe that everything happens for a reason" - Kim Clijsters

"Goed is de ergste vijand van zeer goed" - Pascal Smet

"Als je iemand idealiseert, verlies je het contact met de werkelijkheid"

"Ca s’apprend par la souffrance, ça s’apprend par les déceptions, ça s’apprend par la densité du mal que ça te fait, plus ça te fait mal et plus ça te fait grandir. Y a des moments où tu te dis je ne vais pas le supporter, ça, ça fait trop mal, et pourtant tu passes au travers."
Come-on-kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:12 PM   #3
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
let's fight!!!

no really..you're right. I often wonder if they know anything about tennis. I've never ever heard a player say that the Masters are more important then a GS. It's prestigious to get into the Masters, because it means that you had a great year.

But when you look at the players: they're all tired, not very motivated (look at the slaughters of Dementieva, Cappy overweighted).

Anyway, there's no doubt that Justine Henin-hardenne will be the Player of the Year. It would be incredibly weird to have Kim as Belgian Sportswomen of the year then huh.
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:21 PM   #4
country flag The Crow
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Kim did it before, K. The first year that she won it I believe Domi was ranked above her at the end of the year (err can anyone confirm this, because I'm not 100% sure )
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:25 PM   #5
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I've notice it too.
I would be 'dissapointed' if it were Kim (which I doubt), but I don't think Kim would be that pleased, either... I think she would feel a bit odd; She has said herself Justine was the best player this year (and noone can deny that). I also doubt either of our 2 tennis-stars cares too much for the trophy. They both have acchieved so much on international level ... I don't know ...

Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:26 PM   #6
country flag Wimanna

Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, back then, Domi was ranked 18th or so.....but Kim won her first tournament that year (as did Juju) and almost defeated the later US Open Champ Serena. Belgian press is not objectif enough... My fave is Kim, but I can say, Justine is the more deserving one of the two.
Wimanna is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:29 PM   #7
country flag per4ever
Team WTAworld

per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of per4ever has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow
Kim did it before, K. The first year that she won it I believe Domi was ranked above her at the end of the year (err can anyone confirm this, because I'm not 100% sure )
Domi was no Player of the Year back then Joris

Justine will be Player of the Year..which means she was the best player this year. So it would be insane to have someone else elected abover her
per4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:30 PM   #8
country flag Come-on-kim

Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute Come-on-kim has a reputation beyond repute
I think Justine deserves it more but I wouldn't be surprise if they find a way to have two Belgian sportswomen this year

"When you do your best, it's always good enough" - Kim Clijsters

"No matter what happens, you have to try to stay positive, bad things can happen, but if you try to stay positive, something positive will come out of it…I believe that everything happens for a reason" - Kim Clijsters

"Goed is de ergste vijand van zeer goed" - Pascal Smet

"Als je iemand idealiseert, verlies je het contact met de werkelijkheid"

"Ca s’apprend par la souffrance, ça s’apprend par les déceptions, ça s’apprend par la densité du mal que ça te fait, plus ça te fait mal et plus ça te fait grandir. Y a des moments où tu te dis je ne vais pas le supporter, ça, ça fait trop mal, et pourtant tu passes au travers."
Come-on-kim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:39 PM   #9
country flag The Crow
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by per4ever
Domi was no Player of the Year back then Joris

Justine will be Player of the Year..which means she was the best player this year. So it would be insane to have someone else elected abover her
Oh pffft you know what I meant
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:43 PM   #10
country flag The Crow
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigam
Yeah, I've notice it too.
I would be 'dissapointed' if it were Kim (which I doubt), but I don't think Kim would be that pleased, either... I think she would feel a bit odd; She has said herself Justine was the best player this year (and noone can deny that). I also doubt either of our 2 tennis-stars cares too much for the trophy. They both have acchieved so much on international level ... I don't know ...
Oh yeah you're right: I'm not saying that it is Kim's fault, not at all. Kim has indeed admitted that Justine had the better year and deserves the number 1 ranking.

And I don't agree with you that Justine doesn't care about the trophy. I think she wants to be sportswoman of the year at least once. And I think she would be highly disappointed if she doesn't win it this year.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:44 PM   #11
Juju_fan

Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point Juju_fan is an unknown quantity at this point
There's a hidden agenda for anything in Belgium

But it's about time Justine gets this trophy, Kim has already got it 4 years in a row, Justine zero, and they both followed the same path in their carreer!

I mean, it's incredible to have 2 girls who perform so well in a competitive sport such as tennis, and Kim would be a deserving Sportswoman of the Year, but if she gets it this year too, I don't know what Justine should do to get it?

Maye she should win the Golden Grand Slam and pray for Kim NOT winning the Masters again

Remember, last year before the Masters Justine was ranked ahead of Kim, so she could have had a shot at this award had Kim not won the Masters...
Juju_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 12:47 PM   #12
country flag The Crow
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju_fan
There's a hidden agenda for anything in Belgium

But it's about time Justine gets this trophy, Kim has already got it 4 years in a row, Justine zero, and they both followed the same path in their carreer!

I mean, it's incredible to have 2 girls who perform so well in a competitive sport such as tennis, and Kim would be a deserving Sportswoman of the Year, but if she gets it this year too, I don't know what Justine should do to get it?

Maye she should win the Golden Grand Slam and pray for Kim NOT winning the Masters again

Remember, last year before the Masters Justine was ranked ahead of Kim, so she could have had a shot at this award had Kim not won the Masters...
Yep but all 4 years, Kim was the (sometimes slightly) better player, so tough luck for Justine, but Kim deserved it all 4 times (well except for the first year but that had nothing to do with Justine).
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 03:42 PM   #13
pigam

pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute pigam has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow
Oh yeah you're right: I'm not saying that it is Kim's fault, not at all. Kim has indeed admitted that Justine had the better year and deserves the number 1 ranking.

And I don't agree with you that Justine doesn't care about the trophy. I think she wants to be sportswoman of the year at least once. And I think she would be highly disappointed if she doesn't win it this year.
I know what you mean. I think you missunderstood me (or I expressed myself badly ).
Of course sh 'cares'. She wants to be recognides as the best nelgian this year, but I think she wouldn't be thàt surprised ... after all that has been written bout her in the press this year!? I don't know, I hope she wins it. But if she doesn't, the only ones who are making a fool out of themselves are the belgian sportspress

The sollution of 2 'sportsladys of the year' would be simply embarrasing and stupid! It wasn't too hard to admit Kim was the best duringprevious years, but now it is (clearly) vice versa, it woùld be ?? If they do that (which I doubt) they are :retard:

Justine: feb. 5, 2007:

"I hung on to tennis. I have done so for the past 20 years. It is something that is in me, it is me."
pigam is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 03:59 PM   #14
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
Justine deserves the trophy and she will get it.

You think Els Jackxens will make the difference?
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 04:20 PM   #15
country flag The Crow
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram_born84
You think Els Jackxens will make the difference?
Let's hope not