Is Kim setting a record for most matches played? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:30 PM   #1
mishar

mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of
Is Kim setting a record for most matches played?

I'm sure someone knows this, but I don't.

How many matches has Kim played this year?

And what is the record? Who else has played 100 matches or more in a year? Martina Navratilova I know. Anyone else?
mishar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:33 PM   #2
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all
The final tonight will be Kim's 102 singles match of the year. I think it is the most matches played in a single season, but don't quote me on that.

There was a thread about this after Luxembourg . . . so I think there is some sort of record . . .
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AnnaLenaGroenefeld/

Kim Clijsters, 2005 US Open Champion!

TH Online: Kim tribute - and photos! - now up
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:33 PM   #3
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
her 100th match is tonight i believe

so far she is 87/12
SJW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:33 PM   #4
country flag SJW

SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute SJW has a reputation beyond repute
eh?! 102?!
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:36 PM   #5
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all TennisHack is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJW
eh?! 102?!
From the Fed Cup protest article:

Clijsters had played 101 singles matches going into her last one of the year Monday night in the WTA finals against Amelie Mauresmo.

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:38 PM   #6
mishar

mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of mishar has much to be proud of
Yes I saw both numbers, so I was having this confusion. Tennis Corner has her with 99 matches, including Fed Cup, but I saw in the articles that it was 101.

I found out nav's record: 102.
I don't know if anyone else ever topped that.

it's a pretty amazing accomplishment.
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:54 PM   #7
country flag TennisHack

This is what I hate about the WTA site, they never keep updated match counts during the year They only update at the end of the year.

Guess we'll know soon enough . . .

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:59 PM   #8
country flag SJW

maybe one includes Fed Cup and one doesnt?
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 05:04 PM   #9
mishar

Maybe I figured it out. Tennis Corner includes the 2 April Fed Cup matches, but no Fed Cup for July.

Did Kim play in July?
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 05:07 PM   #10
jenglisbe

jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold
Also, some sources include Hopman Cup, which is an exhibition.

Anyway, Kim's 87 or 88 matches won has to be the most in like 20 years!
carried the weight on my own
Had to be strong
so I believed
and now I know I've succeeded
in finding the place I conceived
jenglisbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 07:06 PM   #11
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
All credit to Clijsters for her great year-and she's played doubles on top of it-but she's no where near the record of matches won in a season.

Chris Evert won over 100 matches in 1974, and Billie Jean won about 117 in 1971. Those are singles stats only.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote