Is this would be fair if amelie win tonight? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 01:34 PM   #1
Scobby- Doo

Scobby- Doo is a splendid one to behold Scobby- Doo is a splendid one to behold Scobby- Doo is a splendid one to behold Scobby- Doo is a splendid one to behold Scobby- Doo is a splendid one to behold Scobby- Doo is a splendid one to behold Scobby- Doo is a splendid one to behold Scobby- Doo is a splendid one to behold Scobby- Doo is a splendid one to behold Scobby- Doo is a splendid one to behold Scobby- Doo is a splendid one to behold
Is this would be fair if amelie win tonight?

I don't think so beause Kim beat Amelie in this tournament, and Kim won 4 matches and Amelie only 2. What do you think?

Last edited by Scobby- Doo : Nov 10th, 2003 at 01:40 PM.
Scobby- Doo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 02:46 PM   #2
jenglisbe

jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold
It would be weird to have Kim at 4-1 overall and Amelie at 3-2 overall, yet Amelie would be the champion...but that's how the tournament works, and you have to win when it counts.
carried the weight on my own
Had to be strong
so I believed
and now I know I've succeeded
in finding the place I conceived
jenglisbe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 02:55 PM   #3
migi

migi is infamous around these parts migi is infamous around these parts migi is infamous around these parts migi is infamous around these parts migi is infamous around these parts migi is infamous around these parts migi is infamous around these parts migi is infamous around these parts migi is infamous around these parts migi is infamous around these parts migi is infamous around these parts
It is not fair if Amelie beats Kim in final. The usual format Kim and Henin should play in the final.
migi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 03:00 PM   #4
jenglisbe

jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold jenglisbe is a splendid one to behold
migi - how so?? With the usual format, the draw would have been different, right?
Had to be strong
so I believed
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 03:46 PM   #5
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Plus it ain´t like Justine was unbeaten either!
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 03:52 PM   #6
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Irrespective of however she got to the final if she wins it seems pretty fair to me. Everyone knew the rules before they entered this tournament.

Last edited by Kart : Nov 10th, 2003 at 03:57 PM.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 03:54 PM   #7
country flag pReUrBrIyN
Team WTAworld

pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road
If it were the regular format, Mauresmo would have been out first round.
pReUrBrIyN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 03:58 PM   #8
jenglisbe

CrHuA - is that for sure, though?? Would Chanda and Amelie have played each other in the 1st round with the old format? Also, the match could have been different under the old format, anyway. The start time might have been different, the pressure would have been different (you are playing to stay in it versus knowing you have 2 more matches).
Had to be strong
so I believed
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:14 PM   #9
country flag XaDavK_Kapri

XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute XaDavK_Kapri has a reputation beyond repute
Nah, it'd be fair. Amélie played great when she needed to and she'd deserve this. Go Kim, though
XaDavK_Kapri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:21 PM   #10
country flag griffin
double-dog daredevil

griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrHuAbNiDnA
If it were the regular format, Mauresmo would have been out first round.
True. And Chanda would have been out in the second.

The format is the format and it presents the same opportunites - and risks to everyone. That's fair whether you like the result or not.
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:26 PM   #11
country flag pReUrBrIyN
Team WTAworld

pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road pReUrBrIyN is on a distinguished road
Yes I know Chanda would have been out second round. And besides the draw would be different. And there would have to be 16 people for it to really work.

Oh, well, who cares. Whats done is done. All I know is I won't be watching this final.
pReUrBrIyN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:30 PM   #12
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad...should be a real good match.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 04:43 PM   #13
country flag Hingiswinsthis

Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of Hingiswinsthis has much to be proud of
I was looking at Pete Sampras's results in the World Championships in the 90's, and some of them he would've been out for sure in a normal format. He would lose to Agassi in a Round Robin match and comes back a couple days later and win the final over Agassi even though Agassi won more matches! This new format has had its pick and pans from everyone this week. but we should all accept it for now and wish Amelie the best of luck as she prepares for her 2nd biggest final of her career (99 Oz).
Hingiswinsthis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 07:17 PM   #14
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Momo deserves it if she wins tonight-why not? They knew the rules before starting. Besides it's one thing to win a round robin match under pressure, but there's even more pressure to win in a final.

This has happened before. Chris Evert won the Colgate Masters (YEC) in 1977 after losing a round robin match, and Tracy Austin won the Toyota (YEC) in 1981. When Tracy won in 1981 she lost to Evert in the round robin and then beat her in the semis.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 07:19 PM   #15
country flag Nikola

Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point Nikola is an unknown quantity at this point
go momo
Nikola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote