Anna's 2004 Schedule! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 7th, 2003, 06:42 PM   #1
country flag PointBlank
Team WTAworld

PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute
Anna's 2004 Schedule!

Does anyone have it?
Advertisement

Old Nov 8th, 2003, 05:07 PM   #2
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Not yet. I think we'll know roughly what she'll play when the committments list are out for next year. I think she's going to play the 2 warm ups before the Aussie Open again.
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 07:22 AM   #3
country flag oren987

oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of
Well, Anna will start in ASB Classic - Auckland (Last year got to the semi final). Then Sydney- Australia.

Good luck

good luck to all the Israeli girls

Shahar, Its time to have a good year
oren987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 08:10 PM   #4
country flag Nimi
Team WTAworld

Nimi has disabled reputation
Let's hope for a 2nd Auckland victory in 3 years, preferably over Kournikova again
And in Sydney, as it seems right now, Anna will be unseeded
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 11:05 PM   #5
country flag oren987

oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of oren987 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimi
Let's hope for a 2nd Auckland victory in 3 years, preferably over Kournikova again
And in Sydney, as it seems right now, Anna will be unseeded
I don't think that Kournikova will play in Auckland, But I do hope for that 2nd victory

good luck to all the Israeli girls

Shahar, Its time to have a good year
oren987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2003, 12:38 PM   #6
country flag Sammm

Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute Sammm has a reputation beyond repute
I hope Anna S-P pulls out of Sydney and goes to canberra instead. The field is really tough, but it's only a tier 2.
Old Nov 28th, 2003, 04:33 PM   #7
country flag PointBlank
Team WTAworld

PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute PointBlank has a reputation beyond repute
True!
Old Nov 28th, 2003, 05:46 PM   #8
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
I like Anna's choice of playing Sydney instead of Canberra. Most likely, she'd be the top seed at Canberra and it might be an easy draw. I like that she's challenging herself. After a week's warm-up at Auckland, an event that she's very comfortable with, it's nice that she's trying something new, especially in a difficult field. For most players, Sydney will be their first event, so it will be interesting to see how everything lines up.

I would assume that she knows she probably won't win the event, but I think that it would be good preparation for the Australian Open, where the competition is much more like Sydney than Canberra or Auckland.
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Mikey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2003, 08:57 AM   #9
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

I like how Anna's scheduling her Australian season. Like what Mike says, Anna needs to challenege herself more and she has never had much success at the Aussie Open. Why not change things up and see how it goes?
Old Nov 29th, 2003, 10:31 PM   #10
country flag PointBlank
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
I would assume that she knows she probably won't win the event, but I think that it would be good preparation for the Australian Open, where the competition is much more like Sydney than Canberra or Auckland.
I think that is totally wrong! Any player needs to think she will win a tournament going into it , unless she will lose , you need mental strength the most ,I like hse knows she can win!
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 02:28 AM   #11
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
I'm saying my own opinion. Maybe she does think she can win.

But you can't honestly tell me that you think that Anna can beat the likes of Kim, Justine, Jennifer, and Lindsay all in a row, let alone do it with Venus and Serena in addition to all of those at the Australian Open.
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 05:22 PM   #12
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
But you can't honestly tell me that you think that Anna can beat the likes of Kim, Justine, Jennifer, and Lindsay all in a row, let alone do it with Venus and Serena in addition to all of those at the Australian Open.
Stranger things have happened.
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 07:15 PM   #13
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Yeah, name them all and maybe I'll believe you
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 08:59 PM   #14
JPhurst

JPhurst is on a distinguished road JPhurst is on a distinguished road JPhurst is on a distinguished road JPhurst is on a distinguished road JPhurst is on a distinguished road JPhurst is on a distinguished road JPhurst is on a distinguished road JPhurst is on a distinguished road JPhurst is on a distinguished road JPhurst is on a distinguished road JPhurst is on a distinguished road
If Anna's going to take it to the next level, she can't go around competing at Tier V's. She's in the top 16, so there's no reason not to go for the tough warm up before the slam. Definitely the right call.
JPhurst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 11:46 PM   #15
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Thank you - Exactly what I said