The night Billie Mean screamed at me! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #61
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The night Billie Mean screamed at me!

and this is about the night they all screamed BACK!!!!

This is just a BJK heads up....On April 14, Chrissie surprised Billie Jean King, joining a live-tape broadcast of ESPN's "Homecoming" which is a 'This is your Life' format program for famous athletes.

Host Rick Reilly talked about who picked Riggs in the "Battle of the Sexes" and whether any of them apologized after she won. Then Chris (who has been watching and listening to all of this on a monitor at a studio in Boca Raton) appears on the monitor in Long Beach and says, "I am sorry Billie." Immediately BJK says "I know that voice" but still couldn't see her so she's looking all over the place then the host finally points her to the monitor. It was such a lovely surprise and moment and incredible for the audience to see.

Maria Sharapova, Tracy Austin, Zina Garrison, Jessica Mendoza, Bud Collins, Lornie Kuhle, Original 9 members Rosie Casals and Val Zigenfuss, were some of the other people in the audience.

The BJK episode will air on ESPN July 3rd at 8 pm after the ladies final at Wimbledon!!

Should be a REAL 'blast from the past'!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/featu...age=homecoming
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #62
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
and this is about the night they all screamed BACK!!!!

This is just a BJK heads up....On April 14, Chrissie surprised Billie Jean King, joining a live-tape broadcast of ESPN's "Homecoming" which is a 'This is your Life' format program for famous athletes.

Host Rick Reilly talked about who picked Riggs in the "Battle of the Sexes" and whether any of them apologized after she won. Then Chris (who has been watching and listening to all of this on a monitor at a studio in Boca Raton) appears on the monitor in Long Beach and says, "I am sorry Billie." Immediately BJK says "I know that voice" but still couldn't see her so she's looking all over the place then the host finally points her to the monitor. It was such a lovely surprise and moment and incredible for the audience to see.

Maria Sharapova, Tracy Austin, Zina Garrison, Jessica Mendoza, Bud Collins, Lornie Kuhle, Original 9 members Rosie Casals and Val Zigenfuss, were some of the other people in the audience.

The BJK episode will air on ESPN July 3rd at 8 pm after the ladies final at Wimbledon!!

Should be a REAL 'blast from the past'!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/featu...age=homecoming
DazeThat will be amazing to see, no doubt we wont here in Britain but we can but hope. What respect Evert and BJK have for each other, it is so clear and reflects well the great pioneers attitudes back in the 70s. Which of course Evert carried on to the 80s with class.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 10:20 PM   #63
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping up this fun thread about the night Billie jean screamed at a Blaster!

Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #64
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Bumping up this fun thread about the night Billie jean screamed at a Blaster!

this does need to get trotted out every year or so.... it's just part of the "BFTP Treasure Chest".. I think maybe we should have a thread --like we do with the each of the legends of the game-- that references a bunch of these... though it would certainly take some digging!!! There have been a lot of hilarious thread/stories over the years...
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #65
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all

My favourite is the one imagining Chris Evert and Tracy Austin playing doubles together (I think it is called the "headless chicken" because it started off being about Steffi Graf, oddly enough...).
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote