The night Billie Mean screamed at me! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2004, 09:31 PM   #31
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanaFanGA
Poor Mark! I still feel bad for him.
that's not what i meant. more like....

so i walked into a local mcdonalds in 1982, and who was sitting there scarfing down a plate of big macs but billie jean king. she was wearing a blue sequined tennis gown, but was pinching at the seams, if you know what i mean. well, i went over to the table next to her, sheepishly hoping for her to sign my McSandwich wrapper, when she made a noise resembling a small forest dwelling creature, and not the friendly kind. but i persisted, 'uh, miss king...' (ignored) 'ms king' (ignored again)....'Ms. MOFFIT-king!' ah, finally the right words to get a response. she took her McMilkshake and THREW IT ON MY TABLE and it flooded my McSandwich wrapper to the point where no signature could possibly be made! i left thinking, 'gooooood, what a biiiicth.'

that's what i meant, hanafanGA.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2004, 10:45 PM   #32
country flag HanaFanGA

HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11
that's not what i meant. more like....

so i walked into a local mcdonalds in 1982, and who was sitting there scarfing down a plate of big macs but billie jean king. she was wearing a blue sequined tennis gown, but was pinching at the seams, if you know what i mean. well, i went over to the table next to her, sheepishly hoping for her to sign my McSandwich wrapper, when she made a noise resembling a small forest dwelling creature, and not the friendly kind. but i persisted, 'uh, miss king...' (ignored) 'ms king' (ignored again)....'Ms. MOFFIT-king!' ah, finally the right words to get a response. she took her McMilkshake and THREW IT ON MY TABLE and it flooded my McSandwich wrapper to the point where no signature could possibly be made! i left thinking, 'gooooood, what a biiiicth.'

that's what i meant, hanafanGA.
Well daze, that's what you would get for eating "Mc" anything! Don't go the way of BJK!
HanaFanGA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 11:30 PM   #33
billie_jean_king

billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice
My way? I assume you mean, don't eat at the Golden Arches too often because then you won't be able to hold onto a slender figure, much like mine. Rosie is a reminder to me to keep myself in shape because I'd hate to look like that. Instead, I'm still able to wear the clothes I wore when I was playing and can still play tough against today's youngsters.
Old May 26th, 2004, 11:34 PM   #34
country flag HanaFanGA

HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by billie_jean_king
My way? I assume you mean, don't eat at the Golden Arches too often because then you won't be able to hold onto a slender figure, much like mine. Rosie is a reminder to me to keep myself in shape because I'd hate to look like that. Instead, I'm still able to wear the clothes I wore when I was playing and can still play tough against today's youngsters.

Oh my! I havent' seen Rosie lately, but BJK please take better care of yourself!!!! I know that you and Elton John are big buddies but do you HAVE to look like each other? Next time you're in Atlanta to visit Elton, be a dear and gimme a shout.
Old May 27th, 2004, 12:05 AM   #35
billie_jean_king

billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice billie_jean_king is just really nice
Sweetie, (can I call you that? Jen hates it when I call her that. I have no idea why it annoys her so much.) I do take care of myself. Is it not obvious by just looking at me? Let's be honest here, I'm a stunning example of the mature woman. I've kept my figure and as for my looks, which were never in any doubt, they've improved with age.

Elton's a friend of mine but all too often people confuse us. I have no idea why. I mean Elton's a whingeing queen who always harps on about years ago and has the figure of a marshmallow. I'm none of those.

I'll give you a call, but just refresh my memory if you will? The fast food places in Atlanta...what are they like? Eaten in one McDonalds, eaten in them all!
Old May 27th, 2004, 12:18 AM   #36
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Elton's a friend of mine but all too often people confuse us. I have no idea why. I mean Elton's a whingeing queen who always harps on about years ago and has the figure of a marshmallow. I'm none of those.
perfection!
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:03 AM   #37
country flag HanaFanGA

Quote:
Sweetie, (can I call you that? Jen hates it when I call her that. I have no idea why it annoys her so much.) I do take care of myself. Is it not obvious by just looking at me? Let's be honest here, I'm a stunning example of the mature woman. I've kept my figure and as for my looks, which were never in any doubt, they've improved with age.

I'll give you a call, but just refresh my memory if you will? The fast food places in Atlanta...what are they like? Eaten in one McDonalds, eaten in them all!

BJK can call me anything she likes! We'll definitely have to get you a chilli dog and onion ring at the Varsity.
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:24 AM   #38
country flag preacherfan

preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all
Nancy Richey Gunter -- I've read that she and BJK didn't get along. In the mid to late 60's, they were often the top two players (guess when Court turned pro). What was the deal between the two of them? After reading someone's comment about BJK dictating much of tennis history, it makes me wonder if that's why Richey is so overlooked. She seemed to have a great career.
Old May 27th, 2004, 07:42 AM   #39
country flag Santorofan

Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all Santorofan is a name known to all
BJK was kind to Richey Gunter at last year's Hall of Fame inductions, calling Richey Gunter a very "under-appreciated" champion. According to Evert, in the earlier days Gunter was one of the few on the circuit that actually really knew how to play on the dirt (ex - she won the US Clay Court Championships like 4 or 5 yrs running)...in fact she was pretty much the only player who dominated Chrissie in the earlier stages of her career.
Santorofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:04 PM   #40
billie_jean_king

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanaFanGA
BJK can call me anything she likes! We'll definitely have to get you a chilli dog and onion ring at the Varsity.
One? Just one? Come on...I'm a growing girl. I need nutrition! How else am I meant to stay in top shape. Martina thinks she's clever still playing but she knows I could still beat her in a fitness contest. Pfft! She claims her body is a temple. Compared to mine, it's been desecrated.

Nancy Richey? Offered to buy me a burger one day. Then walked off laughing. I never did that tasty burger.
Old May 28th, 2004, 12:29 AM   #41
country flag WTT#1Fan

WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough WTT#1Fan is a jewel in the rough
How about the time my friend's and I were at a WTT Sets match and had the audacity to chear for the other team and get on the Sets? Ms. King, the person all for crowd noise and fan involvement, sent a couple of "team officials" aka goons, up to tell us to shut up. Don't remember the year but probably 1975.

As for King v Court, as far as I know they have always pretty much hated each other. They were top rivals for years but on top of that they also both despised everything the other stood for. King was big in the founding of the Slims tour, Court wanted no part of it. King was the leader of the "alternative life style" crowd, Court is straight. King is still somewhat in the public eye so she has more of a forum for her views. As for making excuses, the top players for excuses over the last 30 years - King, Navratilova, Mandlikova and Graf. Court and Evert, when they lost they did so with dignity and class. Also part of being the greatest of all-time.
WTT#1Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 12:51 AM   #42
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Bump up as the funniest thread title ever-I regret never seeing a WTT match with all it's zany activity and fan "Participation."
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 01:01 AM   #43
country flag daze11

i agree, this was always one of my favorite threads. the moment you bumped it, i thought, 'what a great idea'...we should bump it up every couple of months and parade it around like the gussy it is.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 04:05 AM   #44
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
Omighad!

I had forgotten about this thread.
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 05:50 AM   #45
country flag HanaFanGA

So Mark, after being confronted by BJK, did your hair turn white? Was any therapy needed to get over this incident?