your fav's most satisfying 03 win - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:17 AM   #1
Hots4Safin

Hots4Safin has much to be proud of Hots4Safin has much to be proud of Hots4Safin has much to be proud of Hots4Safin has much to be proud of Hots4Safin has much to be proud of Hots4Safin has much to be proud of Hots4Safin has much to be proud of Hots4Safin has much to be proud of Hots4Safin has much to be proud of Hots4Safin has much to be proud of Hots4Safin has much to be proud of
your fav's most satisfying 03 win

Here are mine:

Serena: wimbledon semi's - obviously due to all the drama surrounding RG Serena was delighted with this win, and I love when she told JHH "Sorry about that."

Venus: Again, Wimbledon semi's - even Venus was doubting her capabilities in the first set of that match with Kim, but she dug deep and waxed her in the third 6-1.

Harkleroad: RG 2nd round with Hantucova....that match was like watching 2 sorority girls fighting over a man!
Hots4Safin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:24 AM   #2
country flag switz

switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute switz has a reputation beyond repute
1) patty def mauremo 6-2, 6-2 in zurich 2nd round

2) patty def myskina 6-1, 6-1 in linz quarter-final

patty's loss to henin at RG was probably the most satisying (and frustrating) because she showed how much ability she has.

1) chanda def capriati 2-6, 7-5, 6-2 in Eastbourne semi coming from 2-6, 3-5*(15-40) down.

2) chanda def henin 6-3, 6-2 in miami quarter-final

3) chanda def mauresmo 6-0, 6-2 in miami 4th round.
switz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:37 AM   #3
country flag drapero

drapero is just really nice drapero is just really nice drapero is just really nice drapero is just really nice drapero is just really nice drapero is just really nice drapero is just really nice drapero is just really nice drapero is just really nice drapero is just really nice drapero is just really nice
Justine over Kim in San Diego final. Best day of my 2003 summer, tennis-wise and non tennis-wise
drapero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:55 AM   #4
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
There were alot this year for me..

There were some really outstanding ones because of the heart, the emotions and just pure burning desire on the part of the players.
2003 was by far better than 2002 in this department.

Let's start with the HOPMAN CUP 2003. Watching Alicia Molik playing
with so much soul and spirit was a good omen. I'm not even a fan of
hers nor really Leyton's; but they were just so great together in leading
Australia to the title. It was very thrilling.

AO 2003- Klara K over Monica. Big upset; but really endearing too.
Marlene W over Jen. I felt kind of bad, because I love Jenn;
but I wanted Marlene won me totally over and I couldn't stop
cheering for her.

WTA India- Tammy over Iroda(Final). This was just fantastic news and
I felt so happy and proud for her. Just a really good feeling.

State Farm - Ai over Kim (Final)- What an incredible day it was. 2
matches, and a doubles title too. Just an amazing day.
This is the sort of heart that all players should show.

B&A - Elena D over Lindsay (Final)- She finally won her first title.
The tears of joys from Elena could melt the South Pole.

Family Circle- Justine over Serena(Final). It was just pure class, and
could be the first sign of a different mature player.
Also important because it was only the 2nd time in the
year Serena looked to a bit concerned about the match.

RG- Vera Z over Venus- Found myself cheering my head of for Vera.

Justine over Serena (Final) An emotional day all around. It had
everything ;but the kitchen sink in this drama filled match.

WIMBLEDON- Shinobu over Daniela- I like Daniela;but Shinobu won
me, the tv viewers and everyone in that court on her
side. It was such a contrast of personalities; one afraid
of losing, and the other just relishing every second.

Elena over Chanda (Shanghai/Bali) Part I/Part II- Good times.

Ashley Harkleroad- I wanted to hate her; but her fiery match play
was a joy and thrill to watch in 2003. Very entertaining and with
so much passion. Great stuff!!

There were more; but these ones come to mind first.
Mind you, some of these players weren't even my favorites until
after that "certain" big match. It just changed everything; and I
find myself looking out for their results all the time now.

Last edited by Greenout : Nov 3rd, 2003 at 08:05 AM.
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 08:00 AM   #5
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute
Molik over Fraizer her 1st title i was so
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 08:03 AM   #6
country flag Greenout

Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute Greenout has a reputation beyond repute
Wasn't Molik just great in the early season?. I was
so bummed when she injured herself and couldn't
keep that going into the local AO 2003.
Greenout is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 08:27 AM   #7
Trish101

Trish101 is an unknown quantity at this point Trish101 is an unknown quantity at this point Trish101 is an unknown quantity at this point Trish101 is an unknown quantity at this point Trish101 is an unknown quantity at this point Trish101 is an unknown quantity at this point Trish101 is an unknown quantity at this point Trish101 is an unknown quantity at this point Trish101 is an unknown quantity at this point Trish101 is an unknown quantity at this point Trish101 is an unknown quantity at this point
When Jen crushed both Amelie and Lindsay to win the New Haven title, she really thrashed both girls big time
Trish101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 08:35 AM   #8
monicarules

monicarules has a little shameless behaviour in the past monicarules has a little shameless behaviour in the past monicarules has a little shameless behaviour in the past monicarules has a little shameless behaviour in the past monicarules has a little shameless behaviour in the past monicarules has a little shameless behaviour in the past monicarules has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Amelie's win over Venus in Warsaw.
If only Venus hadn't retired in the middle...
monicarules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 08:45 AM   #9
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute
Sydney
M Maleeva[8] v. S Farina Elia 3/6 7/5 6/0

Fed Cup
M Maleeva[BUL] v. A Pistolesi[ISR] 7/5 6/4

Rome
M Maleeva[11] v. S Farina Elia 6/4 6/4

Roland Garros
M Maleeva[15] v. A Molik 6/3 3/6 6/1

Birmingham
M Maleeva[3] v. E Daniilidou[2] 6/3 5/7 6/4

Eastbourne
M Maleeva[8] v. L Raymond 6/7(6) 6/3 6/4
M Maleeva[8] v. E Likhovtseva 3/6 7/5 6/3

San Diego
M Maleeva[10] v. A Molik 6/1 6/3

Los Angeles
M Maleeva[6] v. E Likhovtseva 6/3 6/3

New Haven
M Maleeva[6] v. T Tanasugarn[Q] 5/7 6/4 6/4

Filderstadt
M Maleeva v. J Dokic 7/5 6/0
M Maleeva v. C Rubin[7] 6/3 6/4

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

ghosts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 08:49 AM   #10
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
These are my favorite wins too:

chanda def henin 6-3, 6-2 in miami quarter-final

chanda def mauresmo 6-0, 6-2 in miami 4th round.

Rubin had a great run at Miami and as the year winds down, I feel Chanda had an exhilarating year on the tour; filled with many ups and many downs
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:05 AM   #11
MAURO

MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough MAURO is a jewel in the rough
Paola Suarez vs Maggie Maleeva in Wimbledon
Paola Suarez vs Daniela Hantuchova in Zurich
MAURO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:28 AM   #12
country flag skanky~skanketta

skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute skanky~skanketta has a reputation beyond repute
justine def serena at the french. not just she's my fave, but cuz i wanted an all belgian final so badly.

justine def jennifer at the USO. showed her fighting spirit.

paola's win over many higher ranled players. wow.

ai's incredible jurney, TWO tier II titles. who'd have expected that.

vera def venus, i was shocked.delighted though a bit sad cuz venus lost before QF of a GS.
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:31 AM   #13
country flag DEETHELICK

DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute
Elena D's titles. Especially AI, the players she beat en route and the way she fought was very satisfying.

Jen: Winning a title!
DEETHELICK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:22 AM   #14
country flag fifiricci

fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute fifiricci has a reputation beyond repute
Kim beating Justine in Filderstadt.

Great "up your arse" win.

Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:32 AM   #15
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Serena def Justine at Wimby...showing that Justine is a clay-only against le Williamses!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote