Quick poll - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2003, 08:27 PM   #1
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Quick poll

Which one would you prefer in regard of Lina-Nadya match?
Two pairs of choices..

1) a) Nadya wins, she goes all the way and qualifies for YEC for the first time.
b) Lina wins her first tournament

2) a) Nadya wins and loses to Nastya or Elena B. in semis, still having a shot for YEC in Advanta.
b) Lina wins and loses to Nastya or Elena B. in semis, but improves her rankings.

My choice is 1b) and 2a)

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2003, 08:39 PM   #2
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
heart says Lina, head says Lina too.

going for 1b and 2b

Lina needs some backup pts for her Toronto and this is a good time and last effort for 2003.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 08:53 PM   #3
ally baker

ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point ally baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Lina isn't going to win unless Nadia has one of her braindead matches.

Lina needs it more, however... she better start winning matches now... because she has some decent points to defend in Tokyo, Dubai, Doha...

I want Lina to lose though... then Eggy will be sad.
ally baker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 09:32 PM   #4
country flag vaiva

vaiva has disabled reputation
Quick answer:

1a & 2a
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 09:35 PM   #5
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
1B and 2B. Go for the collective thing, many Russians as highly ranked as possible.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 09:51 PM   #6
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
1a - Lina will have her time
Old Oct 20th, 2003, 09:52 PM   #7
country flag DEETHELICK

DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute DEETHELICK has a reputation beyond repute
1b and 2b

I am highly skeptical that Petrova will make it to LA, I don't know why, but I feel that she would fall short even if she won the match tomorrow.

I hope Lina wins, because she needs a boost and this is a perfect time to boost that ranking and ensure a decent seed at AO.

Good luck Lina!
DEETHELICK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 12:15 AM   #8
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
petrova hasn't won her first title yet either. at the moment i don't mind whether nadia reaches the YEC, i'm more into her reaching the top 10. i think lina needs it more just so she picks up her game so i'd have to go with 1b and 2a.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 02:02 PM   #9
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Lina is my 2nd favourite player and Nadya is not the 1st. So my choice is quite obvious. 1b, 2b.
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 03:43 PM   #10
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
I think 1a) and 2a).
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 06:28 PM   #11
Tarassik

Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice Tarassik is just really nice
1a) and that's all

Nadya needs to take allways more self-confidence and start to win tournaments.
She's really gifted, sometimes bright so I'd like to see her coming at net in more clever ways and show her full potential.
So Nadya, be aware of Lina she can play well when she focus !
Tarassik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 06:41 PM   #12
country flag sartrista7
Registered 1

sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future sartrista7 has a brilliant future
1b or 2b... Lina needs this win more, and I'd rather Vera went to YEC than Nadia.

Nadia will still win though.
sartrista7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2003, 07:35 PM   #13
country flag ghosts
Team WTAworld

ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute ghosts has a reputation beyond repute
1a
2a

My #1 in tennis
>> Tsvetana Pironkova <<

ghosts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote