The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2008, 06:01 PM   #1051
country flag Aldebaran

Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice
Smile Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabybackhand View Post
It's a valid point of view to me. I also think that, as she has clearly chosen to be the less possible in the spotlight, she wants to live her life and doesn't care about the rumours. It's true that she has always said she would like to marry and have children, but even if she doesn't want that or wants a woman or 100 men or whatever, it's just her business and she is not obliged to tell anybody about her private feelings. What impresses me is how some posters speak as she were bound to state about her feelings or anything, while really no one is bound to do it unwillingly. And I have also noticed about bisexual or gay people (at least among those I have come to talk to) that they seem to want everybody to be gay or have that kind of feelings, and sometimes appear to be constantly triyng to find hints in most people.

Hi, nice to meet you on the web!

I always had a huge admiration for Gaby. I liked her as a tennis player. She was my favorite. I followed her whole career and trying to see all her matches on television or on the court. Unfortunately, I could see her play live only when she was here in Rome. Fortunately she was often here and, to my great joy, she won often!
She's the only famous person for which I've proved a real and sincere admiration and I can define myself a fan of her. I liked Gaby not only as a tennis player but especially as a person. I don't know why either because I don't know her personally. But I always had the feeling that she was a humble person, kind, generous, not at all inclined to put on display or do the diva, though given her position would also have been able to behave like a diva!
For these her talents I always liked her. It's precisely for this reason that I'm very aware that there are so many rumours about her. It seems to me that Gaby is a person who aspires to have a peaceful life, does not want to make a star. Perhaps she stopped very soon to play tennis just because she was tired of being always in the spotlight.
The world of sport and entertainment is full of people who would do everything possible to speak of oneself. Whether we are talking about them!
But we leave in peace a reserved person as Gaby.

To me it doesn't matter at all whether she is homosexual, bisexual or heterosexual. In any case remains for me a wonderful person.
She's always said that intends to marry and wants to have children. Now she's 38 and not yet married and hasn't children. So what? The world is full of 38 years old single women. It's certainly not something easy to find the right man with whom She can share her life, yet less easy is to find a man who can become a good father.
She likes to travel and always stay with her best friend? So what? She's really lucky to have beside herself a true friend! And if Lujan is not er best friend but her girlfriend .... to me it doesn't matter, as long as she's happy!

besos
Aldebaran is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2008, 08:25 PM   #1052
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Quote:
It's a valid point of view to me. I also think that, as she has clearly chosen to be the less possible in the spotlight, she wants to live her life and doesn't care about the rumours. It's true that she has always said she would like to marry and have children, but even if she doesn't want that or wants a woman or 100 men or whatever, it's just her business and she is not obliged to tell anybody about her private feelings. What impresses me is how some posters speak as she were bound to state about her feelings or anything, while really no one is bound to do it unwillingly. And I have also noticed about bisexual or gay people (at least among those I have come to talk to) that they seem to want everybody to be gay or have that kind of feelings, and sometimes appear to be constantly triyng to find hints in most people.
Some try to tell others how to live their lives, and even if Gaby does say openly about being lesbian people will find a way to make a critic about it. So her choice is the better one, people can think what they want, in the end she holds her truth and the way to conduct her life and her actions.

Particularly i believe she has an affair with Lujan, and guess what it's ok as she does, she can live her life the way it most pleases herself. Why the heck does she has to life her life otherwise? To please others? lol
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 10:20 PM   #1053
country flag Aldebaran

Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice Aldebaran is just really nice

Once I read an interview a few years ago. Gaby had already stopped playing tennis. The journalist begins by asking why he had decided to retire and then asks how it had changed her life since she was no longer non-professional tennis player. At the end come the usual questions about his personal life: do you have a boyfriend? Are you going out with someone? do you remember the first time you made love? with whom? how? when? what is the most strange place where you did it? etc.. etc..
If I had been at her place I think I would be angry. Instead she calmly answered: "No, I haven't a boyfriend, I'm not going out with anyone in particular, but I don't want to talk about my privacy and my sex life. These things are very private to me!"
The journalist with false naivety asks: "give you the annoyance questions about your private life?" And she answers: "It's not that annoy me, if a question is too personal I simply don't answer, but I don't understand why it's so important to know these things. I am a person like any other and like everyone I have a private life, and love and sex are part of life. I don't understand what is so interesting. It seems that all want to see me with a boyfriend, but I am also happy alone."
My admiration for her is grew even more!
I have read many interviews with famous people that the same questions have responded very differently, telling every detail of their sex lives. Why journalists don't ask these questions to them? Surely these people would be happy to answer!

Last edited by Aldebaran : Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #1054
country flag samsung101

samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute

I think she would make a lovely wife and mom.
She'd have cute kids don't you think. But, at 38, that
seems likely not to happen if she doesn't get to it w/i the
next 2 years.

Anyway, she is the one who has mentioned wanting a husband and
children for years. Not the press. She has said. She has also
said she's not gay. She's the one with the perfume ads and
public image, others didn't create that. Questions go w/that.

I hope Lujan is her good friend. Good for her. But, it isn't hard
to speculate they're more than friends either.

But, she has done little in public but show up with Lujan Grisolia and
Mariano Grisolia for nearly a decade....or her brother or her parents.

Doesn't she know anyone else, geez.
samsung101 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #1055
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung101 View Post
next 2 years.

Again you try to live Gaby's life the way you think she has to.
She does not owe anything to you or to anyone. She is free to do what she wants and the way she wants and whoever she wants.
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Head to Head
Old Jul 24th, 2008, 10:51 PM   #1056
country flag Aldebaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung101 View Post
next 2 years.

Evidently her parents, her brother, Lujan and Mariano are the people she loves more and with she wants to spend most of her time. I don't believe that there is nothing strange in this!

A clarification: but the fact that she has a business, like many other people in the world, and that uses her image to advertise her products, as she's well known and also very pretty, perhaps gives anyone the right to criticize what she does in her private life!!?!!??
Does she want to have an affair with a woman? well, where is the problem! (and I don't believe that she must give explanations to anyone about why she does so) SDoes she want to have a man or 100 men at the same time? well, where is the problem! Does she want to stay with Mom and Dad even if She's 38? do this!
It's true, She has always said that she wanted to marry and have children. She doesn't yet done so. However, it doesn't mean that will not happen ever! Do you think that it's easy to find the right person with whom marry and have children? Or She must marry the first man passing on the street to make others happy!

mahhammahh
I think so, but I'm Italian, and Italians no matter even know with who the prime minister has sexual relationships, perhaps can we care to know with whom Gaby Sabatini has sexual relations? We also had a transsexual in parliament and many of our members are gay or lesbian, and everyone knows this, certainly for us is not a scandal if a former tennis player has a relationship with a woman or relationships with different men every night.
For us it is absolutely normal to stay with our parents up to 40 years and over, so foreigners call us "bamboccioni" (an untranslatable word!). As Gaby is half Italian ..... maybe even in Argentina dont't give too much importance to this nonsense.

Gaby, if You'll read this message: live your life as you want, do what seems more just for you! Don't matter what people say about you! You are great!
Indeed, because now you have Italian citizenship, come here in Italy, candidates in parliament. I will vote for you, sure! You would be certainly very good. Certainly better than Berlusconi!
If we have as a minister Mara Carfagna, we can have as a minister also Gabriela Sabatini! :-)))
Kiss

PS: sorry! The comparisons are not correct. I apologise to Gaby. Berlusconi is a criminal, Mara Carfagna is an idiot. Gaby not!
Kiss

Last edited by Aldebaran : Jul 25th, 2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #1057
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

I know most people of a certain age leave their parents' home to live in their own place, but here in Argentina is not unusual at all to stay with Mom and Dad way into 20s. I've heard that in America, for instance, young people leave home when they start university and rarely come back, but here only the rich people can afford a separate home for a kid to leave while studying, so most of them stay with parents throughout their career and even during the first years after graduating, until they got married or are able to afford something else. If a woman is not married, even if she has a job that pays enough, she'll probably stay home with her parents, I mean, is not strange for her to live alone but it is not unusual if she stays with Mom and Dad; add to that, the Italian roots!
Of course Gabriela has enough money to live wherever she wants, but indeed she lives in her own apartment in Palermo, Buenos Aires (I was in the neighborhood last year when I went to BA), and that doesn't forbid her to visit or be seen frequently with her parents. For so many years and since she was very young, she had to reluctantly be apart of her family most of the time, because she loved tennis and wanted to play; it came with the territory, but maybe she is making it up for that separation these days. Anyway, although I'm not like that and surely wouldn't be so attached to my parents, I can understand her and it not really unusual regarding Argentine mentality.
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #1058
country flag Aldebaran

Quote:
I know most people of a certain age leave their parents' home to live in their own place, but here in Argentina is not unusual at all to stay with Mom and Dad way into 20s. I've heard that in America, for instance, young people leave home when they start university and rarely come back, but here only the rich people can afford a separate home for a kid to leave while studying, so most of them stay with parents throughout their career and even during the first years after graduating, until they got married or are able to afford something else. If a woman is not married, even if she has a job that pays enough, she'll probably stay home with her parents, I mean, is not strange for her to live alone but it is not unusual if she stays with Mom and Dad; add to that, the Italian roots!
Of course Gabriela has enough money to live wherever she wants, but indeed she lives in her own apartment in Palermo, Buenos Aires (I was in the neighborhood last year when I went to BA), and that doesn't forbid her to visit or be seen frequently with her parents. For so many years and since she was very young, she had to reluctantly be apart of her family most of the time, because she loved tennis and wanted to play; it came with the territory, but maybe she is making it up for that separation these days. Anyway, although I'm not like that and surely wouldn't be so attached to my parents, I can understand her and it not really unusual regarding Argentine mentality.

To clarify, is not that all young Italians living in the same house with their parents. Many young Italians leaving parents' home to go to university. Others, after graduation, start to work and leave their parents' home to live alone in their apartment. If they don't have the money to be able to live alone, then go to live with a friend, or live with their boyfriend or girlfriend. Others sharing the apartment with strangers. Someone else remain to live with parents.
The problem is that in Italy cost much, too much buy a house or an apartment to rent, and the average salary of a worker is very very low. Moreover, the job is precarious and you never know what can happen after a month.
Here in Italy, unfortunately, there is an economic crisis.
However, even when young people go away from the parents' home, usually maintain a strong bond with them, with brothers and sisters, and it is absolutely normal to maintain this bond for life. For Italians the family is very, very important.
So I'm not surprised that Gaby is so tied to her parents, her brother and spend much time with them, every once she can, even if she lives for many years alone, in her apartment.
Here in Italy the mentality has changed a lot over the last 30 years, and is not important for a woman to marry. It's very common to find 30 or 40 years old single women, never married that have no stable sentimental relations and living alone. And no one finds nothing strange.
Then for me is absolutely normal that Gaby at 38, is single and travel and stay with a friend, rather than with a boyfriend.

Last edited by Aldebaran : Jul 25th, 2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #1059
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

I'm posting this also on the Steffi Graf thread, as I just watched on Youtube the 1993 Berlin final between Gabriela and Steffi: what GREAT stuff!!! It's not the complete match, but ot must have been a very good one as there are so MANY great points to see and enjoy the incredible game of these two players, true icons of women's tennis.
Not a nice present from Steffi, as the match was played on May 16th, Gaby's birthday!
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 03:56 AM   #1060
Sabatini lover Forever

Quote:
I'm posting this also on the Steffi Graf thread, as I just watched on Youtube the 1993 Berlin final between Gabriela and Steffi: what GREAT stuff!!! It's not the complete match, but ot must have been a very good one as there are so MANY great points to see and enjoy the incredible game of these two players, true icons of women's tennis.
Not a nice present from Steffi, as the match was played on May 16th, Gaby's birthday!
Those are the videos i posted some months ago here
http://www.dailymotion.com/videos/spencercarlos/1
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Head to Head
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 10:49 AM   #1061
country flag Aldebaran

Quote:

I saw the exhibition match Gaby played, in 2005, against Martina Hingis. I must admit that I found it terribly boring. Certainly an exhibition match is not interesting as a true match. But what impressed me much was the way Gaby played. Obviously she could not win against an opponent 10 years younger who still dispute matches in competitive level. Obviously the lack of training is evident. But the impression I had is that Gaby has completely lost the desire to play tennis. She herself said that since no longer professional took the racquet in her hand only in few occasions. The other senior colleagues, continue to play more or less frequently in senior tournaments or exhibitions. She doesn't. Which makes me think that tennis had become truly an unbearable weight for her and so she wanted to almost completely eliminate it from her life. That is all well and good, since she prefers to help young tennis players and finance the Argentine tennis, and it is something very beautiful. But I have the impression that professional tennis has had in some respects a negative effect on her.
However, that emotion watch again her old matches, especially those against Steffi. That exceptional tennis players they were. There are not more so!
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 02:52 PM   #1062
Sabatini lover Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldebaran View Post
I saw the exhibition match Gaby played, in 2005, against Martina Hingis. I must admit that I found it terribly boring. Certainly an exhibition match is not interesting as a true match. But what impressed me much was the way Gaby played. Obviously she could not win against an opponent 10 years younger who still dispute matches in competitive level. Obviously the lack of training is evident. But the impression I had is that Gaby has completely lost the desire to play tennis. She herself said that since no longer professional took the racquet in her hand only in few occasions. The other senior colleagues, continue to play more or less frequently in senior tournaments or exhibitions. She doesn't. Which makes me think that tennis had become truly an unbearable weight for her and so she wanted to almost completely eliminate it from her life. That is all well and good, since she prefers to help young tennis players and finance the Argentine tennis, and it is something very beautiful. But I have the impression that professional tennis has had in some respects a negative effect on her.
However, that emotion watch again her old matches, especially those against Steffi. That exceptional tennis players they were. There are not more so!
That is true, Gaby put very little effort in that match against Hingis, at least in a competitive point of view, Gaby was playing an exo with no strategy or whatsoever, no will to even win a game .. so rare..
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Head to Head
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 06:17 AM   #1063
country flag steph73

steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice

sad but true....no more exhibitions please Gaby! :-) Or doubles would be fun. Graf-Sabatini/Navratilova-Shriver, I'd watch that any time....
steph73 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 12:41 PM   #1064
country flag Aldebaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph73 View Post
sad but true....no more exhibitions please Gaby! :-) Or doubles would be fun. Graf-Sabatini/Navratilova-Shriver, I'd watch that any time....

I don't believe that Gaby intends to participate in other exhibitions. It's now almost 3 years after her last exhibition, if I'm not mistaken, is precisely that with Martina.
Between 2000 and 2005 I think Gaby has produced 4 or 5 times. I would be curious to see those against Steffi and exhibition in which she played double with Becker.
Gaby against Steffi has always given the best of herself! I'd love to see them play again, maybe double.
Then mixed-doubles with Becker must have been fun! Who knows if they have exhibited both in their famous shot between the legs. Only they were able to do so well.
I don't recall having ever seen Gaby play a mixed-doubles when she was professional. Do you know something?
I read that now Gaby dedicated mainly to cycling and that she would like to participate in a stage of the Tour de France. But does she want to run with men???????? That woman!!!!
Old Jul 29th, 2008, 02:15 PM   #1065
tommystar

tommystar has disabled reputation

Gaby did play a few times mixed doubles, ok not with the biggest success, very first time at the age of 14 with not other then almost 40-year-old Ilie Nastase.

U.S. Open USA
SL 29 Aug 1994 to 11 Sep 1994 Entry : WC Hard (I)
partnering Massimo VALERI (ITA)
32 L KINNEAR (USA) / MIYAGI (JPN) 6-7(3) 2-6

Australian Open Australia
SL 18 Jan 1993 to 31 Jan 1993 Entry : WC Hard (I)
partnering Emilio SANCHEZ (ESP)
32 L NIJSSEN (NED) / BOLLEGRAF (NED) 3-6 4-6

Wimbledon Great Britain
SL 22 Jun 1992 to 06 Jul 1992 Entry : WC Grass (I)
partnering Javier FRANA (ARG)
64 W BROAD (GBR) / WOOD (GBR) 6-7(4) 7-5 14-12
32 W KEMPERS (NED) / VIS (NED) 7-6(5) 7-5
16 L SUK (CZE) / SAVCHENKO-NEILAND (LAT) W/O

French Open France
SL 25 May 1992 to 07 Jun 1992 Entry : WC Clay (I)
partnering Cassio MOTTA (BRA)
64 W STOLTENBERG (AUS) / STRNADOVA (TCH) 7-5 6-3
32 L MACPHERSON (AUS) / PAZ (ARG) 6-7(4) 5-7

U.S. Open USA
SL 27 Aug 1984 to 09 Sep 1984 Entry : DA Hard (I)
partnering Ilie NASTASE (ROU)
64 L TAYGAN (USA) / POTTER (USA) 3-6 7-6 4-6
tommystar is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread