The Gabriela Sabatini Thread! - Page 61 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM   #901
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

Didn't Pam Shriver also note in "Passing Shots" that Sabatini was risking burnout by overplaying? There's also a mention of this in the ITF publication, "World of Tennis" from around that period (1985 or 1986), where the author specifically compares Sabatini's heavy schedule with that of Graf who used to take time off after the Filderstadt and Brighton events in October to rest and work on her game.

Does anyone know why Team Sabatini thought it was a good idea for a 15-year-old to play in 20 events a year?
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 24th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #902
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samn View Post
Didn't Pam Shriver also note in "Passing Shots" that Sabatini was risking burnout by overplaying? There's also a mention of this in the ITF publication, "World of Tennis" from around that period (1985 or 1986), where the author specifically compares Sabatini's heavy schedule with that of Graf who used to take time off after the Filderstadt and Brighton events in October to rest and work on her game.

Does anyone know why Team Sabatini thought it was a good idea for a 15-year-old to play in 20 events a year?
Well Graf is not certainly a good comparisson to contrast heavy and lighter schedule as Graf played a bunch of events, in fact similar to Gaby 15-16 events and really slowed down in her schedule after her 1994 injury (back).

But the fact that she did not use her more economical attacking stlye and not those demanding back court rallies fests with no agression that lasted more than 2 hours, was another factor. She did not do good to herself for most of her carreer.
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 04:41 PM   #903
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post
Well Graf is not certainly a good comparisson to contrast heavy and lighter schedule as Graf played a bunch of events, in fact similar to Gaby 15-16 events and really slowed down in her schedule after her 1994 injury (back).

But the fact that she did not use her more economical attacking stlye and not those demanding back court rallies fests with no agression that lasted more than 2 hours, was another factor. She did not do good to herself for most of her carreer.
No, I meant in the early part of their careers when they were both teenagers (with more fragile bodies). Graf certainly played a much lighter schedule up to 1987 or so. Even in 1987, she played only 13 events all year, and in 1985, she skipped the entire Australian grass court circuit, choosing to rest after playing Filderstadt.
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 09:18 PM   #904
country flag samsung101

samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking up info on the Steffi-Andre/Goran-Justine exhibition.
There was something that came up from the Montreal Gazette (blog)
Stephanie Myles blog on that event.

With, surprise, a thing that said Gaby was there a few days before
playing with Steffi. A catty comment about implants. But, other
than that, a nice reference.

She was in Germany last month?

If anyone wants, dig up some more info on it.

Never heard of this blogger before.

Steffi and Andre helped raise a lot of money for the event and
charity.
samsung101 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 09:51 PM   #905
country flag ToeTag

ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute ToeTag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A catty comment about implants.
I don't know if she's had those or not. In most of the pics I see it doesn't seem so. I hope she hasn't. Hopefully she doesn't follow in her, plastic surgery crazed, mother's footsteps. Mum looks like an alien.
ToeTag is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 09:55 PM   #906
country flag samsung101

samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute samsung101 has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said, I've never read this blogger before.
But, the parts about the Graf-Agassi match were
decent. Who knows.

I think that was just the wonder of the push up bra.
Maybe that lady has never used one before. I agree
w/you about her mother. She should have some reverse
plastic surgery. She looked fine before, why did she
bother at all.
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 10:12 PM   #907
country flag isa1077

isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light isa1077 is a glorious beacon of light
Question Re: The Gabriela Sabatini Thread!

I never heard about Gaby doing surgery, I'm sure she never did that, as you said she just uses wonderbra, push-up as most of women do ! And the result is good ! She has lost a lot of weigh, now she looks like a model, I did see one of her last show she did take part in and she looked amazing, tall and very thin ! No doubt that she takes care of her body doing lot of sports ! But everything is natural, you can see that clearly !

Her mum did some surgery in the past and, as it happens lots of time with the passing of time, when people get older, it looks bad, the face is a bit destroyed and you can easily see who did surgery and who not !

If you have more information about what has been said in that blog, tell me OK. When is she supposed to have been in Germany ?

Thanks
Isa
isa1077 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 10:19 PM   #908
country flag samsung101

Stephanie Myles for
the Montreal Gazette.

Her blog.

From what she posted, it looks like a couple of
days before the Agassi-Graf exhibition.
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #909
country flag bronco

bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice

its cool if Gaby was in Germany playing with Steffi and no one heard much of it just two friends spending time together is nice to hear about if its true which i'm sure it is, there seems to be a lot of mutual respect going on there
bronco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 4th, 2007, 05:17 PM   #910
country flag bronco

bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice bronco is just really nice

as regards implants forget it not Gaby she is to normal a person to do something like that she looks incredible its just some stupid person having a snip at her cause the tabloid people can never find something about her to stick a scandel on.
bronco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 05:03 PM   #911
country flag steph73

steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice

HI guys, does anyone have pictures of Gabriela from 1985 or 1986? Or has anyone posted some good ones from that period here? thanks anyway!
stephane
steph73 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #912
country flag Mike25

Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light Mike25 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey guys,

Just wondering if Sabatini is planning any more exhibitions with Steffi?. Also, has Monica played Sabatini in any exhibitions?. Appreciate any info out there.
Mike25 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #913
country flag samsung101

I don't know anything about the things above. Who knows.

There was a mention at Yahoo's deportes page about Gabby being at,
or was at, a charity thing in Mar Del Plata in Argentina. Some
kind of kids event or building, she's a sponsor. Someone can look
up more, this week I believe.

You can try Wikipedia or any search engine for 'images' of anyone,
including Sabatini.
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #914
country flag tascha

tascha is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercarlos View Post
you are all welcome, please comment about them once you see them
At first ,,,
I would like to represent myself, since this is my first post ,,,
Steffi and Gaby are my two all time favorites
I still look back nostalgic after soo many years, and I can't find anyone to compare with those two, in like, 15 years

Supercarlos, I would like to give my greatest 'thanx' to you 4 shearing STEFFI&GABY videos with us, OUT THE MEMORIES

One thing I didn't like about Steffi, is that it always seemed she couldn't accept the loss, you can see that clearly (us open, miami beach) and in many, many more matches in mid 90's ,,,
I don't know if that was because she was perfectionist putting too much preasure on herself, or because it seemed like she hated everyone who could beat her from time to time ,,, I guess both?
Fortunately, that has changed in the late 90's, I remember, losing wimbledon final to Davenport (she was so peacefull about it, she smiled next to Lindsay and not nervously turning her head away).

And Gaby ...
Nothing compares, nothing compares to you
Such a beautiful and warmhearted person, that could always accept the loss with so much dignity

And I was wondering supercarlos ...
have you got gaby&steffi wimbledon final?
i would really love to re-watch it?
Old Dec 4th, 2007, 04:05 PM   #915
country flag steph73

steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice steph73 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tascha View Post
At first ,,,
I would like to represent myself, since this is my first post ,,,
Steffi and Gaby are my two all time favorites
I still look back nostalgic after soo many years, and I can't find anyone to compare with those two, in like, 15 years

Supercarlos, I would like to give my greatest 'thanx' to you 4 shearing STEFFI&GABY videos with us, OUT THE MEMORIES

One thing I didn't like about Steffi, is that it always seemed she couldn't accept the loss, you can see that clearly (us open, miami beach) and in many, many more matches in mid 90's ,,,
I don't know if that was because she was perfectionist putting too much preasure on herself, or because it seemed like she hated everyone who could beat her from time to time ,,, I guess both?
Fortunately, that has changed in the late 90's, I remember, losing wimbledon final to Davenport (she was so peacefull about it, she smiled next to Lindsay and not nervously turning her head away).

And Gaby ...
Nothing compares, nothing compares to you
Such a beautiful and warmhearted person, that could always accept the loss with so much dignity

And I was wondering supercarlos ...
have you got gaby&steffi wimbledon final?
i would really love to re-watch it?
Hi Tascha,
good choice with sabatini and Graf...:-) what's great about being a fan of both is that there are so many matches between the 2 to watch! (40) my personal faves : usopen90 of course, but also wimby 91 or 87, French 87, and of course all the matches that sabatini won :-),and I remember the olympics final was a very fast-paced, high level, good match as well. which are your favourites?
steph73 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread